By The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Mormon Channel is the media channel for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which offers uplifting programming from the archives of the Church as well as original series. This application offers 24-hour radio, music, and Spanish streams, with content available on demand such as Mormon Messages, as well as audio recordings of the scriptures and Church magazines.
What's New in Version 5.3
The following is included in this version of Mormon Channel:
* Support for live streaming of General Conference.
* Fixes playback of audio and video, specifically when playback is interrupted or suspended.
* Support for playing video back on an external monitory through HDMI or RCA cables.
* Various bug fixes.
I really want to love this app, because the content is awesome. Unfortunately, the user interface completely misses the point of delivering content in an easy to use manner.
1) Ribbons are pretty, but not good when you have to click so many layers deep to even see what the title is. How about an option to list display with the summary underneath?
2) If I want to play all the series in backwards order, the setup is fantastic. I always want to hear part two before part one. (Sarcasm). Can't there be a way to list things in chronological order? I seriously want to listen to these, but I lose track of what number episode I'm in, and since I can't read the title as I scroll the ribbon, well . . . It's too much trouble. The playlist idea is nice, but is it really necessary to make people go into each episode (like 70 or more) to put things in the proper order?
If I'm the only one with these suggestions, you may disregard, but I doubt that is the case. I look forward to updates! Thanks!
Great content! Hard to use...
As a new user of the Mormon Channel app, I am very excited about all of the wonderful content available. This app is CERTAINLY worth the download! However, there are several usage issues that prevent a seamless interaction between user and content. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to see the full title of an episode if it is longer than the width of the screen. Additionally, not all items are available for download. Searching for items can cause the app to crash, and the keyboard sometimes doesn't come up to type. The addition of 30 second skip backward and forward buttons would also be very helpful! A Messages share option would be great for recommending an episode on a more convenient personal level. Thank you for all of this great content!
I really like the new interface, it is a huge improvement over the last one. I love this app, I use it daily. It is such a blessing that the Church uses its resources for such technologies to spread the gospel message. My only complaint with the new update has left behind some content such as the leadership training videos. Also I'd love to see some new episodes of history of hymns I've already repeated them... Thanks!
UPDATE: I still love the app, I still use it daily, how difficult would it be to make the default play order chronological instead of descending? When I listen to a series with back to back episodes, I can't let them just play... I have to listen to them in opposite order if I just let it play...
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Apr 02, 2013
- Version: 5.3
- Size: 6.1 MB
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- © 2013 Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.