Morning — Weather, To-Do, News, and more
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Morning is designed to make your routine easier than ever before. Keep track of time, stay updated, and start your day off right. With 8 customizable panels, the possibilities are endless. Staying organized has never looked this good.
• Weather - Can't decide what to wear? See what today looks like.
• Reminders - Keep track of your tasks for the day.
• Commute - Want to know what the traffic is like? Get an estimated time for your commute.
• News - Stay up to date with the newest articles
• Calendar - Check out what's coming up today.
• Stocks - Keep tabs on your favorite stocks.
• Countdown - Now you'll never miss an important event.
• Date/Time - Don't lose track of time again.
Customize each panel to your needs. Want weather for Paris, but you're in Michigan? 24 hour time? Morning lets you keep track of what you want.
With 5 beautiful themes, staying organized has never looked this good.
What's New in Version 1.0.6
• Countdown: Fixes number layout for negative numbers
• Countdown: Improves stability
• News: Performance improvements
• Fixes window positioning on iOS 7
Form over function...
and style over substance are the two things that come to mind every time I open this app. The beautiful design is what lured me in - it's seriously the coolest-looking app I've ever seen - but, unfortunately, the beauty is not that much more than skin deep. The news feed and reminders modules are the least useful. Although it works very nicely with Calendar, I don't like how it interfaces with Reminders. It pulls from all of my Reminders lists and there is no way that I have found to customize it so that it pulls from just a single, designated list that shows the tasks for the day. The news feed pulls random stories only from rss enabled news sources - so partly customizable, but not nearly as useful for me as it could be.
I love the look of it so much that I will undoubtedly continue to use it, but it really should be more functional, especially given the price.
Countdown from calendar events
I wish I had know that the countdown to an event was not linked to the calendar. I am helping someone with dementia caused by a stroke, and she worries all the time she is going to be late. She no longer has the ability to tell 9 is before 10, but she can understand she has an hour to her next appointment. It would be incredibly useful for her if the countdown could be linked to any calendar the ipad supports (internal, Google, .mac, etc). I mistakenly thought a countdown to an event would be a calendar event, or I would not have bought this app.
The layout is great! It's nice to have headlines, weather and traffic all in one place. However, I don't use it as much as I thought I would. I don't think it contains all of the tools I normally use for my morning. I wasn't thinking about all of the other apps I use in the morning to get me going that this app probably can't access due to Apple limitations. Recommended for anyone who needs the basics all on one page!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 01, 2013
- Version: 1.0.6
- Size: 4.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Tamper LLC
- © Tamper LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.