By Francis Bonnin
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Morse-It is an easy to use application that allows to translate, interpret, type, learn, convert Morse code, and much more.
It is retina display enhanced, universal binary (run on iPhone/iPod and iPad), and is compatible with VoiceOver.
Type some text and it will be automatically encoded into some fullscreen flashing effect of the associated Morse code.
The flash light of your device will also be used.
Your "SOS" messages will be seen quite far away !
Some sound will also be played accordingly. In detailed mode, the text being encoded is scrolling through the decoding process.
Tap some morse code onto the screen and the program will translate it into some text.
Different input types are handled : Novice, Straight key, Memory Paddle, Iambic Paddle (A and B), Microphone. Left and right handed modes supported.
Test and improve your skills : are you good enough to be understood?
Create audio files containing Morse code in a dynamic way or from a given text.
Use those files as you wish : listen to them to train your decoding skills or use them as ringtones for your phone.
Exclusive feature allowing to decode, in real time, the Morse code recorded from the microphone (if available) into Text.
Some automatic calibration is performed, allowing adaptation to speed, tone and volume changes.
The full Morse alphabet can also be consulted and the associated Morse code can be played.
Tapped and decoded text can be edited and exported to the clipboard, the In-app email and SMS.
A special screen allows textual conversion of morse code and text. Exchange encoded messages with your friends.
Wikipedia and Visual Mnemonic screens allowing to get informations and mnemonics regarding morse code.
You can also add your own web sites for an in-app consultation.
All the application is highly configurable (Frequency, WPM, tone type, color, morse characters, variables ...)
!!! As seen on TV !!! (UK) in Most Haunted Live: Apparently you can use it to communicate with ghosts (no guaranty though)
Premium features can also be unlocked as a single in-app purchase :
Koch trainer screen, CWops Academy learning method, Quiz screen, Prosigns, Macros, Dictionaries : abbreviations, QSOs, mnemonics, Timing (farnsworth) and Morse alphabet/prosigns personalization, look customization ... and more.
Morse-it is powered by Icom, a world leader in the amateur radio market.
What's New in Version 7.0
This 7.0 release of Morse-it mainly improves the layout of the screens for the different devices (including iPad Pro and iPhone6+)
Here are the details
- Layout: Dual screen support (previously iPad Only) on iPhone6+.
- Layout: The tab bar menu (at the bottom of the screen) can contain more tabs than before.
- Layout: Possibility to make a screen fullscreen (by removing the status bar and hiding the bottom tab bar).
- Layout: Landscape orientation supported.
- Layout: iPad Pro supported.
- Layout: Sharper images on iPhone6+ .
- Layout: Using « voiceover », the layout automatically switches to the simplest possible one (single screen layout).
- New: Option to disable the current letter highlighting in the Encode screen (a cursor will be displayed instead).
- New: In Koch Trainer, it is now possible to define a start speed and a stop speed. The speed will be progressively increased during the session.
- New: For premium users, a quick way to apply the Farnsworth method, using a slider in the Rules/Time screen. The Farnsworth method can be helpful to learn Morse Code by increasing the delays between the letters and the words.
- Some minor fixes and improvements.
Great trainer, but.....
This is a really useful & enjoyable app for learning. It would be an outstanding addition if I could send messages to others or post to social media accounts so that friends could quiz each other.
Just a thought.
Great Learning Tool
I am a Ham Operator and decided to Learn CW. This app is great and worth the money for the pro version.
Exactly what I needed and a whole lot of extras!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 09, 2016
- Version: 7.0
- Size: 56.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Francis Bonnin
- © PacoLabs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium features$4.99