Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The power of a digital audio workstation in the palm of your hand.
Release your creativity with up to 24 high quality audio tracks. Record multiple takes, harmonies, solos, and experiments. No more worrying about bouncing tracks - each instrument can have its own. More cowbell? No problem!
Build new songs just like in a real recording studio, with the monitoring and overdubbing capabilities of MultiTrack DAW. Move and trim audio until it's perfect, and mix the sound until it's just right. Share your creations with Wi-Fi, iTunes file sharing, email, and SoundCloud.
MultiTrack supports pasting from other apps, and copying to other apps, as well as uploading and downloading audio files using Wi-Fi. Or use iTunes File Sharing to transfer audio files or final mixes.
MultiTrack has a wide range of input capabilities, including the built-in mic, headset mics, doc connector mics, and on the iPad even USB mics and USB audio interfaces. Please see our support forum for a list of supported input devices.
File types for import include mp3, wav, aac, m4a, aif, and m4a. MultiTrack now offers 6 ways to get audio files in and out: Wi-Fi, Copy/Paste, "Open in...", Email, iTunes File Sharing, and iPod Library Access, and SoundCloud.
- 8 stereo audio tracks, upgradable to 24
- Up to 24 bit / 96kHz, better than CD quality sound for each track
- Non-linear, non-destructive editing using Regions and Bins
- Per track Compressor and EQ (2 bands parametric, 2 bands shelving)
- Sweet Reverb and Configurable stereo Delay available as bus effects
- Multiple levels of Undo and Redo
- Grid View with Snap to easily align regions
- Metronome adjustable from 40 to 240 BPM
- Time Signatures (2/2, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 7/4, 6/8, 7/8, 9/8, and 12/8)
- Ruler showing bars/beats/divisions/ticks or timecode
- Individual controls for volume, pan, mute and solo
- Volume fader has +12db of gain boost
- Fade in and out per region (editable fade points)
- Input selection allows splitting stereo input onto 2 mono tracks
- Ability to monitor the input signal with effects
- Opens email attachments or audio on web pages (mp3, m4a, AAC, wav, aif, ogg)
- Bounce Regions using multi-region copy and paste
- Looping with the Loop Markers
- Hotbox popup control with context sensitive buttons
- Hotbox Buttons: Edit, Name, Slice, Move, Copy, Paste, Erase, and open the Bin Browser
- Bin Browser allows preview of audio files in the song
- Snap - snaps the Timebar to Ruler lines
- Punch - automatically starts and stops recording at precise times
- Input Monitor - software monitoring of input signal with low latency
- Auto Input - allows monitoring the track underneath until punch points
- Undo and Redo of 30 operations
- Beautifully rendered waveforms at multiple zoom levels
- Low latency VU meters for each track
- 32 bit / 64 bit audio processing
- Multi-touch pinch/zoom support
- Unified Copy/Paste system means internal copying works in other apps
- Latency compensation with selectable buffer sizes (in Settings app)
- Recorded material perfectly synced with other tracks
- Fades use quadratic interpolation in db space
- Fully Bit Transparent when faders set to 0dB
- Native iPad support (landscape and portrait, up to 11 tracks visible)
- iPad USB Audio using Camera Connection Kit
- iPad USB Audio records up to 8 tracks simultaneously!
- Wav, Ogg, and m4a compression for Wi-Fi download, mixdown, email attachments, and SoundCloud upload
For more information visit harmonicdog.com
* Stereo recording requires a stereo microphone (please see our support forum for details)
* iPad USB Audio requires the Camera Connection Kit
* 'iPod Library Access' is read-only, cannot read protected DRM files
What's New in Version 3.2.2
Introducing Audiobus support: Now you can receive live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information.
New SoundCloud upload form.
Projects with 8 or less tracks are now Uncached, for filespace savings.
Max song length increased to 120 minutes for cached projects, and 300 minutes for uncached projects.
Zoom out now holds 200 seconds per screen width.
Increased screen width for iPhone 5 displays.
New easy to read Input Sources lists all mono, stereo, and audiobus sources for each track.
Bugfix: iOS 6 issues.
Bugfix: Compressor on A6 devices.
Bugfix: m4a mime type for emailing.
Bugfix: input source selection on iOS 5.
So simple, so perfect
Of course we all want Ableton on our iOS devices, but until some dev genius marries audio/midi/time-stretching/etc in an iPhone app, I am quite content using this little gem as an audio whiteboard of sorts to work out my songs. Of course I'd like more effects to make my vocal experiments sound ...less like me. But there's the best reverb and delay ive yet heard on an iPhone, at least. And the whole app is just completely intuitive, fun even. For now this is more of a practice app, which for me has become an essential part of how i write music these days. But I feel confident that as my iPhone gets more and more processing ability, this app will grow and soon I'll be using it for commercial releases. This dev is smart though, he's not adding bells and whistles before their time and crippling the flow like some other audio apps. Each update is a thoughtful and workable progression, and for that reason alone I can see this being a tool I use for many years to come.
Pristine Audio Workstation for iPad.
Multitrack DAW is a straightforward digital audio workstation that has a pristine sound. Developer Hamilton Feltman at Harmonic Dog has worked diligently at achieving studio recording quality on the iOS. Multitrack DAW has strengths for basic recording of real instruments and voice. For those looking to record projects of up to 24 tracks (upgrade) of live recording and do mixdown to CD-quality files right on the iPad, this is the choice.
+ Top-notch tunable compressor, reverb delay and EQ
+ Bounce and mix tracks
+ CD-quality WAV, OGG and AAC mixdown on iPad
+ Records at up to 24bit/96kHz to get true studio quality
+ Upload mixes to Sound Cloud
+ Supports AudioBus for input and filtering from other apps
- Minimal effects
- No noise reduction
- editing somewhat cumbersome
- Has the Intua copy/paste system that doesn't work with as many apps as MAPI system
Apogee Jam and Apogee MiC: have 24-bit/48k which Multitrack DAW can take full advantage of.
Just don't see it, sory
I just don't see what all the rave is about this DAW recorder. I have several and this one does use less CPU but it is very basic and the interface is ok at best. I guess is cost were a huge factor the only thing is this one is cheaper. It is perhaps my last choice for a ipad multitrack recorder.
Cubasis - my favorite - midi - comes complete - great features
Meteor - cost effective and very nice - midi and now milti track recording - in app purchaces - great features
Auria - I think it's very nice but cubasis is my number one for now - no midi as of now - in app purchases - some say CPU issues, I haven't noticed though
GarageBand - cost is great, good limited track recorder - basic but nice drum, instruments. Get it just for the cost.
Any of the above before multitrack daw would be my recommendation, all the above support audiobus which is a must for me. I have multitrack daw on my ipad but don't use it at all. It is very limited I think. As far as CPU I can't say I have ever had an issue with any daw recorder I have tried.
Cubasis was well worth the extra coast. It is my "go to" app now... But mentions to audiobus... If you don't have audiobus... Get it... Get it now...
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 20, 2012
- Version: 3.2.2
- Size: 12.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Hamilton Feltman
- © 2012 Harmonicdog
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Add 16 Stereo Tracks$7.99
- Add 8 Stereo Tracks$5.99