Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The power of a digital audio workstation in the palm of your hand.
Release your creativity with up to 24 high quality audio tracks. Record multiple takes, harmonies, solos, and experiments. No more worrying about bouncing tracks - each instrument can have its own. More cowbell? No problem!
Build new songs just like in a real recording studio, with the monitoring and overdubbing capabilities of MultiTrack DAW. Move and trim audio until it's perfect, and mix the sound until it's just right. Share your creations with Wi-Fi, iTunes file sharing, email, and SoundCloud.
MultiTrack supports pasting from other apps, and copying to other apps, as well as uploading and downloading audio files using Wi-Fi. Or use iTunes File Sharing to transfer audio files or final mixes.
MultiTrack has a wide range of input capabilities, including the built-in mic, headset mics, doc connector mics, and even USB audio interfaces and mics. Please see our support forum for a list of supported input devices.
File types for import include mp3, wav, aac, m4a, aif, and m4a. MultiTrack now offers 6 ways to get audio files in and out: Wi-Fi, Copy/Paste, "Open in...", Email, iTunes File Sharing, iPod Library Access, and SoundCloud.
- 8 stereo audio tracks, upgradable to 24
- Up to 24 bit / 96kHz, professional quality sound for each track
- Non-linear, non-destructive editing using Regions and Bins
- Per track Compressor and EQ (2 bands parametric, 2 bands shelving)
- Sweet Reverb and Configurable stereo Delay available as bus effects
- Multiple levels of Undo and Redo
- Grid View with Snap to easily align regions
- Metronome adjustable from 40 to 240 BPM
- Time Signatures (2/2, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 7/4, 6/8, 7/8, 9/8, and 12/8)
- Ruler showing bars/beats/divisions/ticks or timecode
- Individual controls for volume, pan, mute and solo
- Volume fader has +12db of gain boost
- Fade in and out per region (editable fade points)
- Input selection allows splitting stereo input onto 2 mono tracks
- Ability to monitor the input signal with effects
- Opens email attachments or audio on web pages (mp3, m4a, AAC, wav, aif, ogg)
- Bounce Regions using multi-region copy and paste
- Looping with the Loop Markers
- Hotbox popup control with context sensitive buttons
- Hotbox Buttons: Edit, Name, Slice, Move, Copy, Paste, Erase, and open the Audio Browser
- Audio Browser allows preview of audio files in the song
- Snap - snaps the Timebar to Ruler lines
- Punch - automatically starts and stops recording at precise times
- Input Monitor - software monitoring of input signal with low latency
- Auto Input - allows monitoring the track underneath until punch points
- Undo and Redo of 30 operations
- Beautifully rendered waveforms at multiple zoom levels
- Low latency VU meters for each track
- 32 bit / 64 bit audio processing
- Multi-touch pinch/zoom support
- Unified Copy/Paste system means internal copying works in other apps
- Latency compensation with selectable buffer sizes (in Settings app)
- Recorded material perfectly synced with other tracks
- Fades use quadratic interpolation in db space
- Fully Bit Transparent when faders set to 0dB
- Native iPad support (landscape and portrait, up to 11 tracks visible)
- USB Audio using Camera Connection Kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
- Records up to 16 tracks simultaneously!
- Wav, Ogg, and m4a compression for Wi-Fi download, mixdown, email attachments, and SoundCloud upload
For more information visit harmonicdog.com
* Stereo recording requires a stereo microphone (please see our support forum for details)
* 'iPod Library Access' is read-only, cannot read protected DRM files
What's New in Version 3.4.6
Inter-App Audio - effects can be chained on each track, on the Bus return, and the Master out.
IAA Generators and Instruments - on the Input to each track.
Audiobus 2.0 - Can be used as a sender for any track or master out. Supports saving and restoring state.
New graphics for iOS 7 - improved look is cleaner and less confusing.
Clean waveforms - rendered without blockies on retina displays.
64-bit support - with Neon optimizations and high resolution audio processing.
Dithering - applied automatically anywhere in the signal chain when bit width gets reduced.
Reduced filespace usage - up to 16 tracks before caches kick in on 64 bit devices.
Compressor - new dB reduction meter help you adjust threshold and ratio controls.
Completely rewritten audio engine - takes advantage of the best features of your hardware.
Supports up to 16 inputs simultaneously (USB hardware required).
Loop Points - changing loop points in realtime is now immediate.
Snapping - now you can snap to other regions, loop markers, and punch points, as well as Ruler lines.
Snap helpers - red vertical lines display exact snapping placement.
Song Menu - you can now drag song icons to reorder them.
IN Meter - now displays up to 8 input VU meters on iPad, or 4 on iPhone/iPod touch.
This version adds the ability to open zipped projects downloaded from the web or another device.
The following bugs are fixed:
Monitoring latency when using 'Punch' mode, or when turning on Input Monitoring after the track is armed.
I'll never use GarageBand again.
I downloaded this app for one purpose, and that's to use it to import an MP3 into GarageBand. After 15 minutes I decided not to bother and I'll use this app from here on out for my recordings. I had two giant issues with GB. for IPad. 1. When you minimize the app the recording stops, so you can't open notepad for instance to refer to lyrics. 2. You can't import an MP3 into GB unless it's in your ITunes library. MultiTrack DAW doesn't have either of these drawbacks. The sound is better through the onboard mic than it is with GB and it's extremely user friendly. I figured out everything I needed to know in 15 minutes with no frustration at all. The only advantage I could find with GB is the loops, but as a rule I don't use them anyway.
If you're looking for an easy, cheap way to record down and dirty demos this is the app. I love it!
Superb Multitrack Recorder
I love this app. What it is meant to do, it does perfectly -- allows one to record up to 24 mono or stereo tracks with exceptional quality and easily mix the result. Easily export each track as uncompressed audio files for import into desktop DAW, or share the full mix over the usual services. It supports AudioBus and IAA, a small number of basic but nice sounding effects, and is written by a highly competent and responsive developer. This year's update fixes the few glaring bugs that were made known via the forums, and adds useful touches like color-coding and re-arranging tracks. If you don’t need MIDI support within the DAW, there is no better multitrack recorder for iOS.
Just don't see it, sory
I just don't see what all the rave is about this DAW recorder. I have several and this one does use less CPU but it is very basic and the interface is ok at best. I guess is cost were a huge factor the only thing is this one is cheaper. It is perhaps my last choice for a ipad multitrack recorder.
Cubasis - my favorite - midi - comes complete - great features
Meteor - cost effective and very nice - midi and now milti track recording - in app purchaces - great features
Auria - I think it's very nice but cubasis is my number one for now - no midi as of now - in app purchases - some say CPU issues, I haven't noticed though
GarageBand - cost is great, good limited track recorder - basic but nice drum, instruments. Get it just for the cost.
Any of the above before multitrack daw would be my recommendation, all the above support audiobus which is a must for me. I have multitrack daw on my ipad but don't use it at all. It is very limited I think. As far as CPU I can't say I have ever had an issue with any daw recorder I have tried.
Cubasis was well worth the extra coast. It is my "go to" app now... But mentions to audiobus... If you don't have audiobus... Get it... Get it now...
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 11, 2014
- Version: 3.4.6
- Size: 21.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Hamilton Feltman
- © 2014 Harmonicdog
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Add 16 Stereo Tracks$7.99
- Add 8 Stereo Tracks$5.99