MultitrackStudio for iPad
By Giel Bremmers
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MultitrackStudio for iPad is an audio/MIDI multitrack recording app. It comes with many high quality audio effects including a guitar amp simulator.
Both audio and MIDI tracks can be edited. MIDI editing features include pianoroll, drum and score editors.
The straightforward user-interface has been designed with tape-based recording in mind. It's easy to use yet powerful.
• Up to 16 audio/MIDI tracks, audio tracks can be mono or stereo.
• Editors: audio, pianoroll, drum, score, MIDI controllers, timesig/tempo and song.
• One effect return section.
• One master section.
• Three effect slots per mixer section (two for MIDI tracks).
• Effects: Automated Fader, Chorus, Compressor, DeEsser, Echo, EQ, Flanger, Guitar Amp, Master Limiter, Noise Gate, Phaser, Reverb, Rotor, Saturator, Stereo Imager, Tremolo, Tuner and Vibrato.
• MIDI instruments: MultitrackStudio Instruments (General MIDI compatible), SoundFont Player, Matrix Sampler, up to four Virtual MIDI Apps and one CoreMIDI output device.
• Supports Audio Unit effects and instruments (iOS 9).
• Supports Inter-App Audio effects and instruments.
• Supports Audiobus (acts as output in Audiobus app).
• MIDI sources: onscreen keyboard (keyboard, chords, drum, matrix and various string layouts) and one CoreMIDI input device. Supports Bluetooth LE MIDI.
• Audio sample rate: 44.1 or 48 kHz.
• Imports .wav, .aif, .mp3, .mid and various other audio file types.
• Exports .wav and .mid files.
• Import/export audio/MIDI via AudioShare, General Pasteboard, Document Picker, iTunes File Sharing or email.
• Imports/exports .zip file containing all files needed to open song, compatible with MultitrackStudio for Windows/OS X.
The Pro Extension (available as in-app purchase) adds these features:
• Up to 32 tracks.
• Either an extra Effect Return or up to 8 Groups.
• Multichannel audio playback.
• Mixer and effect automation.
• Audio pitch shifting in track editors.
• Time stretching in track editors.
• Tempo editor can process audio tracks.
• Create new song using current as template.
• Convolutor effect with Vintage Reverbs.
• Load custom speaker IR in Guitar Amp.
• Dynamics effect, supports sidechaining.
• Multiband Compressor effect.
• Phase Inverter effect.
• Transposer effect.
• Vocal Tuner effect.
• Audio pitch shifting in track editors.
Note: MultitrackStudio for iPad does NOT support Bluetooth audio devices.
iPad 2, iPad 3 and first gen. iPad mini do not support iOS 9 Audio Units.
What's New in Version 2.5.2
• Audio track input selector now has 'Practice Mode tracks' option. This records the track which has been switched to practice mode by double-tapping its Play button. Can be used to record output of IAA apps as audio directly, for example.
• IAA instruments: MIDI channel appears in bottom left corner of screen while touching instrument slot.
• Fixed: Echo and Phaser effect automation didn't work right since v2.5. (automation is part of the Pro Extension)
• Fixed: Convolutor effect's Random button could cause error under some circumstances.
I just got MTS a few days ago and have been comparing it to Cubasis, GarageBand and etc. I have to say that I like MTS more than any other iOS MIDI sequencer and feel that I have finally found an iOS sequencer that does everything I need in the most straightforward way. MTS lets me record MIDI with poly aftertouch from my USB keyboard and apply it to other iPad synth apps.
Because of its versatility and ease of use, I've become very comfortable with it in a short period of time. Once you figure out the "hidden" features it's quick and easy to get around.
I am done with this app. It makes me want to smash my iPad into little pieces and delete my iTunes/iCloud. And shove the broken pieces right up someone's D__k-hole.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 27, 2016
- Version: 2.5.2
- Size: 26.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Giel Bremmers
- © 2001-2016 Bremmers Audio Design
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Extension$19.99
- iPad Pro Pack$9.99