musicIO: Audio and MIDI over USB
By Power Trio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
musicIO :: Audio and MIDI over USB between your iOS device and your Desktop DAW. The app is designed for the Mac, but also works with most Windows DAWs. One easy-to-use, professional app.
Easily send audio from your iOS device to your desktop DAW using USB; musicIO lets you integrate Inter-App Audio compatible iOS synthesizers with a traditional desktop DAW system. MIDI is built in to musicIO too; everything you need, all in once place. It's simple, reliable, and near-zero latency.
musicIO is a joint effort by three of the most respected iOS music app development teams. Confusion Studios makes MIDI Designer Pro, the most innovative MIDI controller platform for iOS. MIDI Designer is adored by users, loved by Music Industry press, and trusted on stages and in studios around the World. Audeonic Apps makes the pioneering MidiBridge app, an essential tool for routing and filtering MIDI messages on iOS; they also provide the MidiBus software library, which powers dozens of successful music apps (including musicIO). The Secret Base Design team has built a range of pioneering apps providing high-speed MIDI and audio connections over Bluetooth LE and WiFi, as well as unique signal processing apps.
The three teams have joined forces to build the only fully integrated USB audio and MIDI solution that doesn't require additional hardware. It's been in development for months, from developers with decades of experience. musicIO lets your iOS device become an integral part of a modern professional music production system.
• Low latency audio from iOS to your desktop DAW, with crystal-clear 32-bit resolution. Native support for IAA allows for the best possible audio quality, and seamless integration with iOS synthesizers and effects apps
• Send & Receive MIDI between any CoreMIDI apps over USB (Lightning or 30 pin) with no perceptible latency nor jitter
• Large sysex messages (eg. bulk dumps) handled seamlessly
• Choose "send to" ports (OSX and iOS)
• Choose "receive from" (OSX): route MIDI from anywhere to your iOS device
• BridgeClock, a ground-breaking inter-device MIDI-clock-synchronization technology, provides jitter-free sync between platforms
• musicIO is designed to work with iOS 7 or newer, OS X 10.7 or newer, and Windows Vista, 7, and 8. Audio is transferred in 32-bit stereo. The PC client currently handles a 44.1khz sample rate, while the Mac can handle all sample rates. Please check VST compatibility if you are using a PC DAW.
Download the free, companion app and plug-ins from the the musicIO web site (musicIOapp.com/mac) and get connected in no time. See the demonstration video: musicioapp.com/vid120
Please let us know what you think and how you're using musicIO! feedback [at] musicIOapp.com
NOTE: iPhone 6S and 6S+ users are having issues with audio in musicIO. For more information please see: musicioapp.com/6s
What's New in Version 1.60
MidiTV Support is built into version 1.60. You can now have a bi-directional MIDI connection to the Apple TV.
This is an ideal way to connect the iPad to Logic (and presumably elsewhere, Logic's all I've tried so far; it's so sweet I can't drag myself away to experiment!), both for MIDI and audio from iPad apps (and back out, too). I had a little trouble at first getting audio recording to work, but got a swift reply from the developers that sorted everything out—Logic IS weird as we all know, but great once you know the workarounds. For me, MusicIO is an essential tool, the thing that finally makes ios music stuff real.
Does not work in Ableton 9 & Windows 7 64 bit
Description claims it works with most Windows DAWs. Ableton 9 64 bit would not load the 64 bit dll, nor would Samplitude (not surprised on that one, but used it for extra confirmation). Searched forums and found an old post suggesting users with same problem contact support. Went to contact page, and was presented a message that as of June 1, 2016, "we can no longer provide technical assistance to customers' Windows environments," and that the developers "have been overwhelmed by the effort required to support them." Perhaps, you should update the description prior to taking our money?
Does not work for Windows7.
Though it does not work with Windows7 and they do not support the Windows version anymore, they still advertise it as a Mac, Pc app. and they advise you in the fine print that they don't support it. Obviously I'm a P.C user and I'm not knocking this app. It obviously works for Macs. be fare, don't market it as a Mac, Pc app. anymore, unless you are gonna support it.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 07, 2016
- Version: 1.60
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Power Trio LLC
- © Secret Base Design/Confusion Studios LLC/Audeonic Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.