Musix Pro - Epic Isomorphic Harmony Music Instrument
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Musix Pro is the most innovative app for performing music. Music theory is baked right in through the use of a technique called isomorphic note layouts. Novices learn to play in minutes, and professionals benefit from built-in harmonic relationships between notes. Unlike other music apps, Musix Pro provides a wide range of octaves, scales, keys, chords and modes, without limiting your creativity. With multiple built-in instruments and support for OSC and Core/Virtual Midi, most existing synthesizers work beautifully with Musix Pro as a controller.
Traditional musical instruments are difficult to learn because notes are arranged based on physical constraints. Musix Pro arranges notes based on their harmonic and musical relationships instead, allowing shapes and patterns to emerge that unlock the mathematical beauty of music.
What do people say about Musix Pro?
"Anyone who loves music, regardless of skill level, owes it to themselves to experience Musix. Simply exploring the app will open musical doors you never knew existed." - 148apps.com
"Musix is a Killer App!" - apps4idevices.com
See Musix Pro in action: http://www.youtube.com/shiverware
Why Musix Pro:
- Learn how to play every major and minor chord in minutes
- Play along with your favourite song without practicing for years
- Learn one pattern and instantly play in any key
- Explore the harmonic relationships between notes
- Play along with your friends without being an expert
- Realize your own personal musicality
What is Musix Pro:
- The easiest way to play music
- A professional musical instrument and midi controller
- A music theory learning tool
- An isomorphic layout creator and experimentation app
- A melody exploration device
- Core/Virtual Midi, OSC
- 8 Built-in instruments (2 New)
- AudioBus Support
- Hexagonal and Rectangular layouts
- Multiple built-in note arrangements
- Custom layout generation and saving
- Colourize different notes based on key, scale, and mode
- Label notes based on Solfege, or Note name
- Multiple note sizes
- Multiple color patterns
- Note Overlap (play 3-note chords with one finger)
- Retina Support
- Full iPhone Support
Works as a controller for:
- NLog Synth Pro
- Arctic Keys
- Many other apps and devices
Musix Pro is key agnostic, which means is that once you have learned a musical pattern (like a chord or a scale) that pattern is the same for all keys, even the dreaded A-Flat! Sharps and flats appear in the right place automatically, through the mathematical magic of isomorphism. You can learn to play melodies on a traditional keyboard by playing them on Musix Pro and watching where the sharps and flats go.
Songwriters benefit by discovering new melodies and musical relationships. Novices find it easy to learn to play. Experienced musicians are rewarded with an intuitive interface. Keys can be resized to fit your style - start with "epic"-sized keys, and as you get better you can shrink the keys fill the screen with notes.
Isomorphic keyboards are found on traditional and new instruments, from concertinas, accordions, and "jammers" to Janko keyboards, harmonic-table devices and more. Musix Pro is the only way to access all isomorphic note arrangements in one powerful customizable application.
Musix Pro comes with a set of built-in layouts, each with its own pros and cons. The harmonic table layout allows you to play any major chord by touching three hexes with one finger. Wicki-Hayden makes modulating between pentatonic scales a breeze. Try them all and find one that works for you.
Musix Pro allows you to change the colour of the notes in your layout. You can colour the notes white and black like a piano; you can colour the notes of any scale or mode (like D-flat mixolidian) and you can colour notes based on tone centre.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
- Fixes Audiobus issues when using Musix Pro as a Midi control in Audiobus
- Sends the internal location of note touch when using OSC (Note: two OSC message formats have changed).
beautiful MIDI control surface
This app is working great for me, no hiccups at all. (Okay, every once in a while a note won't play.) I love a creative musical interface, and this is one. I love being able to choose from different logical note layouts that bring new melodic and harmonic possibilities to the fore, mixing visual and audio creativity. I use the rainbow color scheme and turn the note names off, just letting my sense of color and pattern lead me. I haven't done anything with the app's builtin sounds; the MIDI works fine, connected with Thor or Thumbjam or whatever. I would like to see some other controls -- like maybe a volume slider, pitch bend or mod wheel -- added, so I hope the dev is still working on this.
Good but needs a lil extra to be great
If u have used an app like soundprism which is a fairly real competitor to this app u know 2 things this app desperately needs a) a midi velocity control and b) accelerometer control capabilities.. U can't control any type of velocity pressure with this app, not even manually and u can't control any midi parameters either, just where the signal is going and that's it.. Midi is the reason why this app is at a $5 to $10 buck premium and all the midi does is control the notes.. Mind u, the app is incredibly useful but until it doesn't have a way to control velocity pressure within the app, it's just a great concept that u'll use once in a full moon instead of the monster controller it could be
A great program
I'm very happy with this program... although I agree with the reviewer that said it could use a few other control abilities (I will be contacting the company with my personal ideas). The other big thing I would really like to see in this is a basic phrase recorder. This in my opinion would make this a wonderful on the go sketch pad for musical ideas. Well I guess a few more basic sounds, or a very basic synth so you can get your own basic sounds wouldn't go amiss, but all in all though this thing is great!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 23, 2013
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Shiverware Interactive Software Developments Inc.
- © 2012 Shiverware Interactive Software Developments Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.