Mutant Mudds is back and better than ever! 20 New Ghost Levels Await Beyond the Phantom Mirror!!
5/5 - Touch Arcade.
4/4 - Slide To Play.
9.1/10 - IGN.
4.5/5 "Editor's Choice" - 148Apps.
4.5/5 - Modojo.
KOTAKU'S "GAMING APP OF THE DAY!"
Renegade Kid's critically-acclaimed 12-bit platformer makes a splash on the iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod touch®!
Love pixels? Fond of platformers? Is there a special place in your heart for the 8-bit and 16-bit era? Want to have fun? Yes!? Well, you’ve come to the right place, my friend. Mutant Mudds is a “12-bit” action platformer full of pixels and platforming fun!
Our hero, Max, may be just a 2D sprite, but he can leap into the third dimension by jetting between the background and the foreground playfields with his trusty jetpack in this unique dimensionally-woven experience.
Armed with a heavy-duty water cannon, Max has what he needs to vanquish his long-term nemesis: the Mutant Mudds. Max must blast and hover his way across the soiled landscape to seek out mysterious Water Sprites. Legend says collecting all of the mysterious Water Sprites will wash the filthy Mutant Mudds away for good!
• 20 new ghost levels now available as a one-time in-app purchase!
• 80 hard-as-steel levels that span across 5 pixelated worlds and 8 unique neo-retro graphical themes.
• Includes 20 lip-smacking delicious ‘Grannie’ levels, specifically designed for veteran players who can master the main game.
• Jet between three 2D playfields and experience incredible sense-of-depth – a treat for the eyeballs.
• Unlock Grannie as a special playable character and harness the tri-power of all power-ups in a simultaneous powerful fashion.
• Amazing foot-stomping and booty-groovin’ chip-tune OST to snap your fingers and bob your head to.
• Discover a veritable plethora of secret doorways that transport you into classic gaming worlds of the past.
Looks like some pesky gremlins sneaked into the last update! Gremlins squashed!
Fixed: Some devices were crashing after the game intro.
Fixed: Some devices were crashing when starting new levels.
Fixed: Leader board entries for some levels were not posting to Game Center.
Ratings and Reviews
WOOHOO!!! Thank you for the VERY quick fix for the issues that came up in the last update. This is a FANTASTIC platformer - and for those who are saying that it's unfair that you have to buy more levels and listing off prices for the game - it was LAUNCHED AT 99 CENTS - then went FREE about 2 months later - then back to 99 CENTS for another month. It's gone FREE at least one more time since then... it didn't go up to $9 until a FULL YEAR after it was released. You still have the FULL game if you don't buy the new levels - because they were never included in the original game that you played when you were 'a kid'. Just because you played a game in the past and have an iPhone now doesn't mean you're entitled to free anything.
This has to be the best platformer in the App Store. I'm a huge fan of platformers, and the App Store does have some good ones, but this has to be my favorite. I was initially drawn to the game because of the retro style but I kept coming back for the gameplay. The levels range from easy in the beginning level to brutally difficult if you are able to fully complete the game and reach the cga levels. If you are looking to waste hours of your life in a frustrated rage, I could not recommend a better game.
I will echo my old TA acquaintance (SumoSplash here) syntheticvoid's sentiment, in that this is a top shelf precision platformer, worth whatever the asking price is at any given time. The game is so good that waiting two years for it to be fixed is a transgression already forgiven.
Premium app with an IAP unlock for extra levels--EXACTLY what the AppStore needs more of...in mass quantities.
A request... The d-pad and the buttons are very hard to reach on an iPad Air 2. It would be great if the player could customize their location. Thanks.
- Atooi LLC
- 37.3 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Atooi LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Ghost Levels $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.