MY ASICS Run Training
By ASICS Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Start training with MY ASICS. Create personalized running training plans for full marathons, half marathons, 10K, 5K, 10 mile and 5 mile distances. MY ASICS training plans adapt to your goals and abilities as you run, and automatically adjust your schedule if you miss a run day. You can also track your running route, total time, lap times, distance, and average pace in real time. Try it now and see why 2 out of 3 MY ASICS runners beat their goals.
DESIGNED FOR ALL RUNNERS
Whether you are just starting out on your first 5K, or you are preparing for your tenth marathon, MY ASICS is designed for you. MY ASICS training plans range in length from 12 to 33 weeks and 2 and 4 day training schedules per week. You can personalize the intensity and frequency of your training plan to match your current running ability and fitness. MY ASICS has all the features you need to maximize your training:
* Get your personalized run training plan in seconds
* View your position and running route on a real-time GPS-based map
* Track your run route, total time, lap times, distance, and average pace
* Adjust your pace to maximize performance
* Look ahead at your schedule, phases and upcoming runs
* Save your routes and sync your runs with online logbook
* Log runs manually, if you prefer to run without your phone
* Share your runs and achievements with friends
* Track the mileage on your shoes and other gear
MY ASICS was developed over 7 years of running performance research by the ASICS Institute of Sport Science in Kobe, Japan. MY ASICS uses a proprietary algorithm to build up your anaerobic threshold to improve endurance and maximize performance.
MY ASICS WORKS WITH YOUR FAVORITE DEVICES
* Apple Watch - control your run and track your progress from your wrist
* SONY Smart B-Trainer — get the wearable headset that allows you to playback music at the right tempo to keep you on-pace for your MY ASICS run
* Seiko ASICS WATCH AP02 — connects directly to your MY ASICS account via the Mac and Windows desktop app
* Import data from Garmin, Polar, Suunto, TomTom and other wearable devices
* Integrate with Runkeeper —sync your account with other health and fitness apps through the web platform
Download MY ASICS and create a free, personalized plan on the "plan" tab— then lace up and start running. If you already have a MY ASICS account, simply log in to sync your current plan and recent runs to the app.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
FEEDBACK & SUPPORT
We would like to know what you think of the app. To send feedback or get support, click on the Feedback button in the Settings section of the app. Get out there and have a great run!
ASICS is a trusted and respected world leader in running, and MY ASICS was created to bring our sport science to every runner who wants to achieve their running goals.
What's New in Version 2.7.2
Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Limited to outdoor tracking
I love the idea of having a marathon training calendar programmed for me, but I'm frustrated that it doesn't register treadmill runs. Yes, you can enter them manually, and yes, I know the accuracy of treadmill tracking can lack at times, but that's my main negative comment. The other is that it doesn't link the runs to My Fitness Pal, my long-term tracking app. I've been using Nike +, but was looking for a marathon training app, so I'll see how these work together.
Updating this. Developer doesn't seem to be updating anything. I agree that you should be able to customize your schedule (e.g., switch days for a long and short run), note when you ran on a test day or rested on a run day. Also, how about being able to record a cross-training workout? Finally, how about a way to just make notes about how it went, what conditions were like, etc. Oh, another thing, I DON'T need to post every run to Facebook or twitter. Take that function out and add something the rest of us have suggested please.
⭐️⭐️I would love to be able to shift the days I run/rest. It would be wonderful if the overall plan would shift and make adjustments based on added logged days of rest (for those days when I'm just exhausted from work or have something come up last minute and can't get my run in but want to stay on track with my overall goal.
⭐️Also, the notification option within the app for run reminders is lacking majorly - it will NOT save my reminder options. I have tried every time and it remains at 10:00 am. More frustrating than that - when I close the app, it turns the notification setting OFF all together. I've checked and re-checked my phones notification options as well. Seems to be a fault within the app.
Fix these and I would joyously give a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating.
Ok, but needs some adjustments
Overall this app is fine. The training programs selected for you seem to fit with your current level and goals. I have 2 main issues. The first is that the app goes to sleep while using it. If I have my phone in my armband while running, I can’t easily glance down to see my mileage or pace, I have to unlock my phone (which is difficult to do in an armband while running). The second is that you are not able to adjust run days on the plan. For example, if it chooses a Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday plan, you can not adjust the days you did the planned run if you completed on other days. You can log it manually, but this is a pain. If those two features were changed, I’d give 5 stars.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 09, 2017
- Version: 2.7.2
- Size: 71.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: ASICS Corporation
- © ASICS Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.