Do you want to learn a foreign language quickly? A unique program for memorizing words will help you to do it.
The main success of learning a foreign language consists in the most rapid vocabulary replenishment: you should repeat words time and again. For this purpose people often use the notepads, what is not always convenient.
New app "My Dictionary: polyglot" combines several functions and advantages:
• 90 kinds of dictionaries (English, German, French, Spanish, etc.);
• 8 types of training: word search, writing the words, searching for a translation, comparison of the studied words and its translation;
• Automatic translation of an adding word;
• Evaluation of learning the words;
• Completely learned words can be hidden or deleted from the main list of study;
• Short statistics, that shows the dynamics of learning;
• Pronunciation of a word;
• Quick search of words and translations in the dictionary;
• Tags for words, search by tags, training by tags;
• Transcription for words and usage examples;
• Image editor for words;
This app allows you to expand your vocabulary fast enough. Its main advantage is the availability of 8 different trainings for learning. 90 kinds of dictionaries include the most popular world languages, such as English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese. As a result, it is possible to learn sequentially or simultaneously speaking several languages.
The app provides a unique opportunity to learn multiple words per day and it is the fastest way to learn the language because vocabulary is the basis of a quick study. The more new words you learn, the better you will understand your interlocutor, and the easier you will communicate with him. Of course, the grammar is also necessary, but we recommend to learn it after learning vocabulary, at least the basic words. Otherwise learning a foreign language will be much harder, longer and more boring.
This app will be especially useful for those who read foreign literature, visit foreign forums and sites. Finding a new unknown word in the text, the user can simply add it to his dictionary, see the translation, and then learn with the help of training. Usually without a dictionary people forget a new word soon, and seeing it again they have to look for it once more.
During the app’s development the complexity of "manual" search of translation and the psychological aspects of learning of words, including the lack of free time, were taken into account. So: Having met in the text an unknown word, just go to the app, enter a new word in the dictionary and see the translation. If it’s necessary, add it to the list of studied words. During studying the program shows the level of mastering the words (in percent). When the word is learned, it is enough to tick "Studied" on the appropriate word and it ceases to appear in training. Learned words do not appear in the list for training, but remain in the dictionary that allows you to find them quickly when it’s needed. Thus, the application “My Dictionary: polyglot” is an invaluable aid in learning a foreign language.
Supported dictionaries in the application: Russian, English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijan, Afrikaans, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Bosnian, Welsh, Vietnamese, Hungarian, Haitian (Creole), Galician, Dutch, Greek, Georgian, Danish, Yiddish, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Icelandic, Spanish, Kazakh, Catalan, Kyrgyz, Chinese, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malagasy, Malay, Maltese, Macedonian, Mongolian, German, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Serbian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Swahili, Tajik, Thai, Tagalog, Tatar, Turkish, Uzbek, Ukrainian, Finish, French, Croatian, Czech, Swedish, Estonian, Japanese.
- Add new words from other applications, via text sharing (Share function).
- Ability to add pictures to words.
- Image editor.
- Add pictures from the gallery, through the camera or from other applications (browser, gallery, etc.) by sharing function (Share).
- Adding a day / night button in the trainings.
- Fixed some minor application errors.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for expanding vocabulary
I got this app to help me learn new words as I read books and articles. I'm learning Croatian, and I find the standard vocabulary packs are too restricted to the same topics. This allows me to read subjects I'm interested in, typing up words and their translation as I come across them, then do the word quiz exercises until I remember them. It's a fun way to learn. I like the ability to set the exercises to show your worst scoring words first, so new words repeat more often, and older ones just enough to keep them in mind.
The only downside of this app is the lack of a native speaker for the pronunciation. I really don't need to know how a plummy English speaker says Croatian words!
I really love this app. Great place to store Italian words I want to learn. I have a few complaints about the program. There is no way to put items in alphabetical order. There is no way to import or export data. Also no way to backup data.
Very good for memorizing vocabularies.
- Pavel Kataykin
- 23.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 PE Pavel Kataykin
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.