My First Calendar is an interactive educational app that helps your children learn their days, months, seasons and holidays in English, French and Arabic – in various dialects!
Children can customize their daily calendars in any of the languages, as well as listen to and learn different pronunciations. Colorful illustrations, interactive drag-and-drop icons and additional special features make it fun to learn and easy to use.
- High-quality, colorful and child-friendly.
- Interactive drag-and-drop icons with an auto-correct option.
- 3 languages to choose from and a live speaker for optimized learning and pronunciation.
- Easy-to-use doodle board.
- Screen-capture option lets children save and review their calendars, doodles and more. (Saves to Photos)
- Icons for special occasions and activities to customize and personalize calendars.
- Choose a season and watch the app theme change with it!
- Cuckoo-clock to practice and enhance time-reading capabilities.
- Simple interface and menu
- Switch between languages with one easy touch. Tap on the appropriate flag to choose your desired language, and if you care to learn another language, simply tap on another flag.
Bug fixes and iOS 8 support.
Ratings and Reviews
Very cute for calendar time
I really like the look and feel of this app for calendar time. Encouraging my daughter to doodle is also a bonus. Two things bother me about it, though. The calendars always start in January and have no relationship to days of the week. So,to get to the right month you have to click through to, say, August, and then it is a page of numbers with no relationship to a traditional calendar format except in appearance. I'm confused by it and I imagine most children would be as well
Second, the images of the calendar suggest that the app has sticker type images for various activities, but it doesn't. While this isn't a deal breaker, it makes it more difficult to ask her to mark her dance days because a) I don't have dance pictures handy and b) she can't find her dance days by day of the week like she knows them.
Not exactly what it says it is
On the surface this appears to be a great app. Colorful and well designed. But once you get inside there are a few issues that make it very impractical for educational use.
1. The calendar does not have the days of the week listed and it starts with 1 in the Sunday position for every month. It's interesting the screen shots don't show this part of the app.
2. On the My day section students have to arbitrarily figure out what the date is without a any reference to a "real calendar".
3. The activity option is a nice feature on.y it has a very few limited activity choices and nothing of the generic kind such as extra-curricular or sports etc... It would be nice to have a generic badge that you could type in an activity along with the special stickers.
4. It would be helpful to have stickers for the calendar too for things like birthdays and holidays along with the option to add your own photo. Of course for this to be effective the calendar has to have the days of hHe week and the dates in the correct places.
Really wish this had been a better app but as is I can't use it.
Does not work
I downloaded this app thinking it would help my son with recognizing days, months, etc. on the calendar, but the app does not work. As soon as you turn on the app it stops working at the load screen. This happens to developers with system updates so I sent them an email in the middle of October. It is November and I have not received a reply about the problem or acknowledgement that they received my email.
The app is not that old and the developer does not seem to care about his work.
Don't waste your money.
- Mercury Content Group Inc
- 52.7 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Mercury Content Group Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.