By Pirate's Moon, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
IMPORTANT: THIS APPLICATION REQUIRES the Apple Pencil and the iPad Pro 12.9 (large screen). Some of the tools in this application are smaller than would normally respond to a finger touch, but perfect for the precision of the Apple Pencil.
MyArtTools offers a large number of features that make it valuable as both an artistic tool, and a business tool. The app was developed to emulate real-life artistic media, including pastels, brushes, pencil, conte, and other mediums. The tools respond perfectly to the precision capabilities of the Apple Pencil/iPad Pro combination, which work together with MyArtTools to create a serious artist's tool.
MyArtTools developer Richard Hoeper grew up along the water's edge in Florida, exposed to a naturally beautiful environment which included expansive vistas of water, tropical sunrises and sunsets, and tropical foliage. His college studies earned him both a Bachelor of Fine Arts and a Bachelor of Information Science, and his work experience took him into writing code, allowing him to bring a unique approach to the development of his drawing app. Says he, ”As a traditional artist with years of experience, I wanted to bring to the tablet screen the equivalent of my drawing pad with virtual tools that suited me, including pastels, brushes, conte and other media."
As an artistic tool, the app offers:
• 16 Drawing, sketching and painting tools
• Multiple drawing layers
• Ability to import images from the iPad Photos Album
• Ability to capture images with the iPad's built-in cameras
• Share creations via Email, Text Messages, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Weibo
Business users will appreciate the following features:
• The ability to create multi-layered presentations
• Presentations shared wirelessly to Apple TV via AirPlay
• Rapidly prototype designs
• Extensive help files included
"I'm proud of the results of my work, the application's tools look quite similar to what can be found on canvas or paper in any artist's studio," continues Richard. "The app had humble beginnings as a Flash app, and has finally come into its own with the availability of the big-screen iPad Pro and it's Apple Pencil accessory. It has taken over a year to create the app in Swift, and to refine it down to the artistic tool that the app offers."
What's New in Version 1.1.3
• Pencil tool smoothing is improved
• Pencil tool offers velocity control (see help files for full description)
• Minor bug fixes for the Tool Properties panel
• Image Panel correctly adds portrait-oriented front-camera zoomed-images
• Image Panel correctly adds portrait-oriented rear-camera zoomed-images
• Image Panel canvas added-image-placement now mirrors editing placement
• Revised and simplified combining visible layers in the Layers Panel
• Overview how-to video is available at http://mats.piratesmoon.com
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jul 16, 2017
- Version: 1.1.3
- Size: 31.9 MB
- Languages: English, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Pirate's Moon, Inc.
- © 2017 Pirate's Moon, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.