By Xelaton Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
"Myary" is an easy to use diary-style writing-application with powerful under the hood- and export-features.
Features of Myary
Saving your entries
Every single entry will be stored in a separate file and you can freely choose where to save your entries. Myary automatically creates a clean folder hierarchy where you can find your entries fast, even outside of Myary. Additionally all entries will be saved in the open txt-file-format so you can open your entries in many text-editors without problems. You keep full control over your entries.
Alternatively you can also save your entries in the open Textbundle-package-format, which collects all data of a single entry into one file. With a single click in the preferences of Myary you're set up. More infos about the the Textbundle-format can be found at www.textbundle.org.
Creating multiple diaries
Myary allows you to create multiple diaries, so you can diverse your entries by topics and projects.
Special editor and fullscreen-modes
The editor of Myary offers a lot of features to make writing more efficient and spare you using the mouse, like automatic list-creation (* and - signs) or moving of text-passages with keyboard-shortcuts. Further Myary has an inbuilt Tab-Action-Manager where you can define texts which will be inserted into your entries by using a self-defined keyword and the Tab-key.
Additionally you can set the look of the editor to your preferences: Colors of text and background, font-size and -type, text-margins and more.
Also, Myary offers the well known fullscreen-mode (OSX 10.7 or higher) and a distraction-free mode where you can concentrate on your text wholefully.
Collecting external files
You can add to each entry files which will be stored in a separate folder. Myary offers options to view these files in Myary itself or to open the files with an external application. Please Note: Files can't be added directly within the text, however you can use Markup to add images to your text.
Myary supports following markup-languages: Markdown, MultiMarkdown, Textile, BBCode, Wikitext, HTML und Smark. Next to shortcuts for bold- and inverse-type and headlines. Further you can use markup while exporting your entries. Further Myary offers an integrated preview-mode to preview your formatted entries.
To write a note without starting a new entry quickly, you can use the notes-feature of Myary. Using notes allows you to collect notes, annotations or outline-ideas for your entries. To add notes in Myary, there are several options available. Next to writing a note within the application itself, you can also use the status-bar feature to write a note or use the Myary-bookmarklet from xelaton.com to send selected text from most web-browsers to Myary with a single mouse-click.
Myary offers it's own export-manager to export your entries to different text-formats. As formats available are plain text, RTF(text only), RTFD, HTML, Doc(text only), ODT(text only), Textbundle, Textpack and PDF. Next to choosing an export-format, you can also choose to export your entries into single files or to one file, which collects all selected entries.
Additionally there is the option to export your selected entries as an ePub-eBook-file, so you can read your diary on an eBook-reader.
What's New in Version 1.6.0
- now each day multiple entries can be written, which will be saved in separate files
- use the button next to the entry-title to add a new entry to the selected day or to choose another already written entry of the current day
- those entries can be individually labeled with a color-label
- those entries will be displayed within the search as individual entries
- those entries will be considered when exporting diaries
- when changing a month, no longer the first day of a month will be selected, but the currently selected day-number
- the available years has been increased to 1-4000. Additionally, you can also type in the year-number instead of selecting it from the popup-menu
- adjustments to the appearance of the Tab-Action-table
- date of results within the search-table will be displayed localized now
- when searching for entries, titles of entries are considered too
- when displaying search-results, the title of an entry will be displayed too
- smaller improvements when writing meta-data of textbundle-files
- more efficient processing of diaries during export
- smaller adjustments to the user-interface
- solves an issue when exporting a diary into a single file
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 07, 2016
- Version: 1.6.0
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Alexander Sasse
- © Xelaton Software - Alexander Sasse
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor