Myary is an easy-to-use app for creating diaries, project documentations, blog entries, and any other text that should be saved in conjunction with a date.
### Extensive Markup Support
Despite its ease of use, Myary offers many features and customization options to make writing as comfortable as possible. In addition, Myary is specifically designed to assist authors who use markup languages (Markdown, MultiMarkdown, MarkdownExtra, Textile, Wikitext, HTML, BBCode, Smark) to compose their texts. In addition to various convenience functions for writing (automatic lists, assistance in creating MultiMarkdown-tables, keyboard shortcuts, and much more), Myary also offers an integrated preview to check the formatting.
### Open Storage System
One of the most remarkable features of Myary is the way the entries are stored. Instead of saving entries into an inaccessible database or in a proprietary file format, all entries are stored in plain text-files that can be read by virtually any text program. Each entry gets its own file and is stored neatly and orderly in a place on your computer that you decide yourself. For example, you could choose your Dropbox- or iCloud-directory to save your entries and keep access to your entries from any of your devices.
### Other features of Myary:
- You can add any kind of files as attachments to each of your entries
- Extensive export manager (exports into the following formats are possible: TXT, RTF, RTFD, DOC, ODT, HTML, PDF, epub eBook, Textbundle, Textpack)
- Tab-actions: Define keywords that use the Tab-key as a trigger to insert self-defined text-snippets
- Edit entries in external text-apps or send them to other apps
- Comfortable distraction-free mode, hide everything in order to be able to concentrate completely on the text
- Automatic saving of entries: If you take a short break while typing, Myary automatically saves the written text
- Textbundle-Format: instead of of saving your texts in normal text-files, you can also save your texts in the Textbundle-format (more information on Textbundle can be found on www.textbundle.org)
- In addition to the actual entries, you can also write or collect small notes, ideas, things to keep in mind
- Extensive settings for the text editor: In addition to font, size and color, you can also customize the background color, line spacing, indents for new paragraphs and much more to your personal needs
- Color labels: you can assign to each of your entries a color label, which appears as a small star in the calendar sheet. In this case, the standard color labels of the file system are used. Using the standard system color labels makes those labels visible in other apps like the Finder
- Integrated search: if you want to search for a specific entry or search for a specific term within entries, the integrated search function will help you by listing all entries in chronological order which contain the search-term
Of course, Myary also offer the known features full-screen mode, send menu, in-text search / replace, spell check and text replacement.
For more information on Note-C, visit Xelaton.com. There you can also in case of problems or questions via the contact form send me a message!
Updated System Requirements: macOS 10.10 or later
- MarkdownExtra as new language option added
- MultiMarkdown-Terminal-Tool can be used instead of the Perl script. To use the Terminal-Tool perform the necessary steps in the preferences of Myary under the item "MultiMarkdown"
- added CriticMarkup support, must be activated explicitly via the preferences under the item "CriticMarkup"
- modernized user interface
- switching between bright / dark user interface via the menu Point View > Bright / Dark User Interface. A restart of Myary is no longer required
- show / hide the title bar accessible via the menu item View > Show / Hide Titlebar
- preferences option: thin line numbering (to be found under the item Editor)
- Markup commands are now Collected under the menu item "Markup" including various new actions for formatting text including corresponding keyboard shortcuts
- Icons for diaries new options in the preferences for diaries
- Images can be added by drag'n drop to the icon field
- Emojis and Symbols can be added by drag'n drop to the icon field
- Any non-image file can be added by drag'm drop to the icon field, in this case the file-own symbol icon, for apps the app icon is used
- New icons for the integrated icon collection, and internally improved the iconbrowser
- Added icon reset option in the diaries icon presets
- Menu items and Keyboard shortcuts for text / preview view switch and expand / collapse attachment bar added (under the main menu item View)
- context-action for calendar-sheet "Move entry to" added
- context-action for calendar-sheet "Duplicate entry to" added
- Menu item "Duplicate entry to" added (under the main menu item File)
- Color labels can now also be set via the right-click menu of the entry list
- Myary is now also localized in French
- text editor: remove markup menu action renewed
- Smark-, BBCode abd Textile-Parser updated
- new icons for the interface
- help completely revised
- optimizations to the Textbundle and Textpack creation
- improved display of the selected entry in the entry list
- improved display of the notes list
- dark mode-look updated to the current macOS version
- QuickExport internal improvements
- unnecessary elements in the interface of the export manager removed
- internal improvements in the export manager
- minor improvements for sorting the file list
- improvements in the status bar popover window
- user interface updated
- text-field uses the same font and color as the main editor
- when opening the status bar popover window the diary selected in the main window will be preselected in the popover window
- behavior, color and appearance of the icon adjusted in the status bar
- improvements when exporting as an ePub file: only attachments used in the eBook text are included in the final file
- attachments of the currently selected entry which are added or renamed outside Myary, will be recognized and reloaded whenMyary becomes active
- the deletion of individual entries via the delete command can be revoked
- organization and management of diaries in the preferences reorganized and simplified
- Preferences: diverse items of the user interface reorganized
- several bug-fixes
The full, unabridged list of release notes can be found at Xelaton.com.
If you like Myary, please rate it - or leave a review! Reviews are a great help for us indie developers! Many Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
This developer “gets it”!
Open standards. Open formats. Keep It Simple Sam. I have every one of this developers’ products and couldn’t be happier.
I sync all my notes on my Synology DiskStation. I don’t use “the cloud”. Everything works flawlessly. Plus, I have the peace of mind knowing that all my data is in an easy to migrate format (markdown usually) and not housed in some proprietary database “locking me in” to a specific Company or software package.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! (Danke schön!)
Shows a lot of promise
This app shows a lot of promise. I like that the notes are saved as text files in structured folders, and I like that it saves attachments in the same structure. It seems that each day has a main text file, but you can also create notes throughout the day that show up in the "Notes" section -- not sure how to edit those or how they are saved.
Still Not Working
Sorry man Love the concept and the Idea is nice but using Mark down plane text change the name of the entry and it reloads flashes on the screen changes date to the 31’s removes the title and sets new entry and wipes the content.. still not working.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.