MyCalmBeat is a Brain Exercise by MyBrainSolutions.com that helps improve your ability to manage stress through slow breathing. Slow breathing allows you to increase the variability of your heart rate to decrease stress, improve focus and build resilience.
How does it work? Your breathing rate affects your heart rate patterns, which affects how your brain deals with stress. And all these processes are tightly interconnected. While it’s difficult to directly control your heart rate, or your brain function, you can control your breathing rate. By regularly slowing your breathing down, you can improve your heart rate variability, which will allow your brain to more effectively deal with the stressful situations you encounter.
MyBrainSolutions.com is an interactive self improvement website that offers brain insight and training to help you develop the positive habits that can maximize your personal performance. Premium MyBrainSolutions members receive:
• A scientifically validated brain assessment
• Over 30 brain exercises
• Videos and articles on brain health
• Tools to track your successes and positive changes
New links to MyBrainSolutions. Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
My favorite mindfulness app
I teach meditation and I rarely recommend apps. But I recommend this one. I was going to give it four stars in hopes that the creators would read the review and take my suggestions into account but it's such a good app that I'm giving it five stars and hoping this review gets read.
• The only changes I would suggest are, making the final tone in the series be different so a person knows when the sequences over without looking.
• It would also be great if this could work while the phone is locked. These are suggestions so people could use the app in the background without having to look.
• Also, I wish there were some suggestion in the app of how many times to use it per day. Much like the 10,000 steps rule that has become so popular, it would be great to have a simple goal of three or five times through the process per day.
• One added feature that is not essential but could be an improvement would be to have an optional sound that tells you where you are in the breath process, like the sound of a bottle of water filling up, you can tell how full it is by listening.
Great for pain & migraines
My pain psychologist uses this app with her patients while hooked up to a biofeedback program on her computer. My results were good. She suggested using this while waiting in long lines, etc. before you reach your highest level of stress, anxiety or pain. I have to use it 3x a day at 5 minute intervals. These specific instructions aren't to diagnose any specific problems because they came from my therapist. Everyone is going 2 be different.
Probably the best breathing app I've found. It's simple to use and tracks my progress. I like that it has audio and visual cues because I like to close my eyes when I breathe. I'd love to see more sound options for the audio cue. I'd also like to see an audio setting to signal the end of the timer rather than it just stopping abruptly. A little "ding" or chime to signal the end of the timer would be nice. Otherwise a great app! I've told many people about it!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.