By General Motors Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the newly expanded myChevrolet mobile app, redesigned with new capabilities to provide the ideal vehicle ownership experience. The app now includes the added benefit of connectivity for vehicles equipped with OnStar. Get the app to enjoy the full potential of your Chevrolet.
You’ll need your onstar.com or my.chevrolet.com username and password to login.
Features available for Chevrolet vehicles equipped with OnStar
- Remote start and stop (requires factory-installed remote start)
- Remote door lock and unlock (requires power locks)
- Remote horn and lights to help locate your Chevrolet
- View fuel level and efficiency, oil life, tire pressure and odometer readings
- For Electric Vehicle models, battery charge level and charging status, change charge modes
Check for Recall
- Search and send destination to vehicle’s navigation system (if equipped)
- Search and send destination to OnStar for Turn-By-Turn routing assistance
- Find your vehicle’s approximate location on a map
Wi-Fi® Hotspot support:
- Toggle the Wi-Fi Hotspot ON or OFF
- View and/or edit the SSID (network name) and password for the vehicle’s Wi-Fi hotspot
- View current data plan and remaining or consumed data, or purchase more data
- Provides Subscribers savings and offers for dining, retail and fuel along their route
View important information about your OnStar account including:
- OnStar account details
Features available for all Chevrolet vehicles
Interactive Owner Manual:
- Quickly access the owner manual (in brief) for your Chevrolet [for 2011 model year vehicles and later]
- Set a parking reminder with pin drop, take a photo, make a note, and set a timer
- OnStar Advisor
- Electric Vehicle Advisor
- Chevrolet Roadside Assistance
- Locate and set a preferred dealer
- Search for dealers by ZIP Code, proximity, or by City/State
- Request service appointments at the dealer of your choice
- Request help from Chevrolet Roadside Assistance
- Edit the app's home screen and configure myChevrolet to meet your needs
Acceptance of OnStar terms of service are required. The application is free, but a smartphone with a data connection is required to use certain online features. An active OnStar account is required for some features; other features require paid service plan. Features vary by vehicle, location and conditions. For a list of supported vehicles, please visit onstar.com/mobile.
What's New in Version 3.4.0
KeyPass™ support added for Chevrolet Bolt EV
Great potential, but a lot of BLOAT!
I was excited to trade in my '12 Camaro 2SS for a '17 Tahoe Z71 and the updated myChevy app. The app has great potential and function, but all the warning popups are obnoxious and unnecessary. What's the logic of having a PIN to use the virtual key fob? The app is cluttered and bloated with idiotic and useless steps. Lose the stupid PIN! Are the developers that shortsighted to not consider the fingerprint reader available on most iPhones? All the extra steps needed to start your car are ridiculous. The map needs a way to copy the map coordinates (lat, long) to use in other apps. Where the heck is Apple Watch functionality? The MyChevy app has potential to be more functional and robust than the SmartStart app from Directed/Viper Alarms, but not yet. I'm giving it two stars because the developers are just being freaking lazy and phoning it in.
Staying with Onstar App for now.
I always read these reviews and I've constantly just saw issues after issues, many of them lately has been the same issue. I'm just waiting for some of my these issues to be corrected first. My Onstar App works just fine with no hiccups. I guess at some point I'll have to change since it appears there aren't going to be anymore updates. I just hope that they listen to the people who are using these apps and making review comments. But the Onstar App still works great for me...still all the functionalities of the new Brand app. Plus since I own multiple GM brands, it makes it easier to still access them all in one place. I wish they would have just kept the Onstar App and just continued to make vast improvements.
Love it, buuut...
Why no Apple Watch integration to quickly check my charge status? Why no periodic background polling? When I need to check the car, it takes longer than my screen timeout. Why isn't that automatic if the data onscreen is far enough out of date? This is fine for free, but I don't know if it's going to be worth $35/month when my freebies run out and I become a paying customer.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jan 10, 2017
- Version: 3.4.0
- Size: 65.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: General Motors
- © General Motors Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.