By General Motors Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the newly expanded myChevrolet mobile app, redesigned with new capabilities to provide the ideal vehicle ownership experience. The app now includes the added benefit of connectivity for vehicles equipped with OnStar. Get the app to enjoy the full potential of your Chevrolet.
You’ll need your onstar.com or my.chevrolet.com username and password to login.
Features available for Chevrolet vehicles equipped with OnStar
- Remote start and stop (requires factory-installed remote start)
- Remote door lock and unlock (requires power locks)
- Remote horn and lights to help locate your Chevrolet
- View fuel level and efficiency, oil life, tire pressure and odometer readings
- For Electric Vehicle models, battery charge level and charging status, change charge modes
Check for Recall
- Search and send destination to vehicle’s navigation system (if equipped)
- Search and send destination to OnStar for Turn-By-Turn routing assistance
- Find your vehicle’s approximate location on a map
Wi-Fi® Hotspot support:
- Toggle the Wi-Fi Hotspot ON or OFF
- View and/or edit the SSID (network name) and password for the vehicle’s Wi-Fi hotspot
- View current data plan and remaining or consumed data, or purchase more data
- Provides Subscribers savings and offers for dining, retail and fuel along their route
View important information about your OnStar account including:
- OnStar account details
Features available for all Chevrolet vehicles
Interactive Owner Manual:
- Quickly access the complete manual for your Chevrolet [for 2011 model year vehicles and later]
- Set a parking reminder with pin drop, take a photo, make a note, and set a timer
- OnStar Advisor
- Electric Vehicle Advisor
- Chevrolet Roadside Assistance
- Locate and set a preferred dealer
- Search for dealers by ZIP Code, proximity, or by City/State
- Request service appointments at the dealer of your choice
- Request help from Chevrolet Roadside Assistance
- Edit the app's home screen and configure myChevrolet to meet your needs
Acceptance of OnStar terms of service are required. The application is free, but a smartphone with a data connection is required to use certain online features. An active OnStar account is required for some features; other features require paid service plan. Features vary by vehicle, location and conditions. For a list of supported vehicles, please visit onstar.com/mobile.
What's New in Version 3.2.1
Bug fixes addressing spinner/updating states
Good, but a couple of small improvements could make it great
GM has done a good job creating an easy-to-use, cleanly designed iPhone app that nails all of the basics. However, with two small improvements, the myChevrolet app could be a lot better.
First, iPhones with TouchID have been on the market for several years now and are owned by tens of millions of people. Why can't I use TouchID instead of typing in my OnStar PIN every time I want to locate my car or precondition it?
Second, I would love to have a quick shortcut to preconditioning my car, either via a Notification Center widget or a 3D Touch menu.
Add these two things and the myChevrolet app will go from good to great and earn a five-star review from me!
Almost a great app...map functionality is lacking
Most things in the app work great. However, each time I try and push directions from a contacts saved address the app shuts down. Process: click on "Send to Vehicle", click "search", click "view contacts", select desired contact, click on the address and the app shuts down!
Need Apple Watch app
This is an ok app, although it's slow to respond to lock and unlock commands. It would be much better if I could leave my phone and my keys in my car when I'm working out and unlock the car using my Apple Watch. Since I have my music on my watch and Bluetooth headphones, I don't need my phone with me during workouts except to unlock my car.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Aug 23, 2016
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 67.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: General Motors
- © General Motors Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.