By General Motors Company
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Introducing the newly expanded myChevrolet mobile app, redesigned with new capabilities to provide the ideal vehicle ownership experience. The app now includes the added benefit of connectivity for vehicles equipped with OnStar. Get the app to enjoy the full potential of your Chevrolet.
You’ll need your onstar.com or my.chevrolet.com username and password to login.
Features available for Chevrolet vehicles equipped with OnStar
- Remote start and stop (requires factory-installed remote start)
- Remote door lock and unlock (requires power locks)
- Remote horn and lights to help locate your Chevrolet
- View fuel level and efficiency, oil life, tire pressure and odometer readings
- For Electric Vehicle models, battery charge level and charging status, change charge modes
Check for Recall
- Search and send destination to vehicle’s navigation system (if equipped)
- Search and send destination to OnStar for Turn-By-Turn routing assistance
- Find your vehicle’s approximate location on a map
Wi-Fi® Hotspot support:
- Toggle the Wi-Fi Hotspot ON or OFF
- View and/or edit the SSID (network name) and password for the vehicle’s Wi-Fi hotspot
- View current data plan and remaining or consumed data, or purchase more data
- Provides Subscribers savings and offers for dining, retail and fuel along their route
View important information about your OnStar account including:
- OnStar account details
Features available for all Chevrolet vehicles
Interactive Owner Manual:
- Quickly access the owner manual (in brief) for your Chevrolet [for 2011 model year vehicles and later]
- Set a parking reminder with pin drop, take a photo, make a note, and set a timer
- OnStar Advisor
- Electric Vehicle Advisor
- Chevrolet Roadside Assistance
- Locate and set a preferred dealer
- Search for dealers by ZIP Code, proximity, or by City/State
- Request service appointments at the dealer of your choice
- Request help from Chevrolet Roadside Assistance
- Edit the app's home screen and configure myChevrolet to meet your needs
Acceptance of OnStar terms of service are required. The application is free, but a smartphone with a data connection is required to use certain online features. An active OnStar account is required for some features; other features require paid service plan. Features vary by vehicle, location and conditions. For a list of supported vehicles, please visit onstar.com/mobile.
What's New in Version 3.8.0
We update our app regularly to add new features and improve performance. We've added the following features in this release:
OnStar AtYourService will now present location-based promotions and offers within the myChevrolet app
Parked Location now links to Apple Maps to provide walking directions to your vehicle’s approximate location
Monitor and edit existing, scheduled service appointments for your vehicle
Chevrolet Bolt EV owners can now forecast range to a given destination, and schedule charging stops along the way
Chevrolet Bolt EV owners can now use KeyPass to update charge management settings
Bug fixes and minor enhancements
Mixed feelings. I REALLY like the app. It is listed as a Chevrolet app and not an OnStar app. When I found out by the dealer it is run by OnStar I asked specifically if the service/Vehicle status would still work if I didn't keep OnStar (since I paid for extended SERVICE warranty), I was told it would continue. When the OnStar representative called me when I got my vehicle home I asked the same question of them. Same answer. My OnStar subscription ran out and the vehicle status on the "Chevrolet" app no longer works. What OnStar wants is not going to happen with the budget I allow. So, miscommunication or lie? I will be nice and say miscommunication but the app needs listed as an OnStar reliant feature. I paid a lot of $$ for a vehicle that had a lot of great perks. But the one perk I asked specifically about I do think I was misled to get a sale. Then told what I wanted to hear? Or miscommunication? OnStar told me the same thing.
I did call and received a promo rate that will fit my budget (for now), but this doesn't change the facts of the situation and it doesn't change that I DO like the app.
Lots of potential here
Number 1: There's an app for my car! How cool is that? It doesn't really do anything yet. I just got a Bolt, and there is no correlation between what the app says and real life. In fact, I was traveling, thought "hey, it would be really cool to check on my car back home". The app told me that the car was dead, and offered to help me call roadside service. I was pretty concerned, I called OnStar and they told me I had probably left the lights on. I mentioned that a 60 kWh battery probably would be ok with the lights on for a day or two, but he said, "you'd be surprised", that it probably was indeed dead, and there was nothing that they could check to verify. When I got home it was fine, fully charged, just as I had left it. I'd really rather they didn't have features that are so blatantly misleading, but there must be some sort of intention to get it to work. This could be really cool someday.
The app by and large does what it says. However, if you turn off location services, the app brings up modal dialogs complaining about this fact, several times, every time you try to do anything in it. It renders it borderline unusable. I’ve got to imagine this is against some Apple terms of app development, as no other app I’ve ever used has been nearly so obnoxious if a setting is disabled.
If the developers would fix this, check for the missing location services data only when the user asks for a feature that needs it, and checks only once every time the feature is requested, I think you’ll have a much more usable app.
I’m not even getting started on the questionable decision to try include advertisements in this app. I bought a compatible car, so from that angle I spent an off a lot of money for this app already. Increasingly I have to tell people that I bought the car *in spite of* OnStar.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Oct 18, 2017
- Version: 3.8.0
- Size: 107 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, Korean, Spanish
- Seller: General Motors
- © General Motors Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.