By General Motors Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the newly expanded myChevrolet mobile app, redesigned with new capabilities to provide the ideal vehicle ownership experience. The app now includes the added benefit of connectivity for vehicles equipped with OnStar. Get the app to enjoy the full potential of your Chevrolet.
You’ll need your onstar.com or my.chevrolet.com username and password to login.
Features available for Chevrolet vehicles equipped with OnStar
- Remote start and stop (requires factory-installed remote start)
- Remote door lock and unlock (requires power locks)
- Remote horn and lights to help locate your Chevrolet
- View fuel level and efficiency, oil life, tire pressure and odometer readings
- For Electric Vehicle models, battery charge level and charging status, change charge modes
Check for Recall
- Search and send destination to vehicle’s navigation system (if equipped)
- Search and send destination to OnStar for Turn-By-Turn routing assistance
- Find your vehicle’s approximate location on a map
Wi-Fi® Hotspot support:
- Toggle the Wi-Fi Hotspot ON or OFF
- View and/or edit the SSID (network name) and password for the vehicle’s Wi-Fi hotspot
- View current data plan and remaining or consumed data, or purchase more data
- Provides Subscribers savings and offers for dining, retail and fuel along their route
View important information about your OnStar account including:
- OnStar account details
Features available for all Chevrolet vehicles
Interactive Owner Manual:
- Quickly access the complete manual for your Chevrolet [for 2011 model year vehicles and later]
- Set a parking reminder with pin drop, take a photo, make a note, and set a timer
- OnStar Advisor
- Electric Vehicle Advisor
- Chevrolet Roadside Assistance
- Locate and set a preferred dealer
- Search for dealers by ZIP Code, proximity, or by City/State
- Request service appointments at the dealer of your choice
- Request help from Chevrolet Roadside Assistance
- Edit the app's home screen and configure myChevrolet to meet your needs
Acceptance of OnStar terms of service are required. The application is free, but a smartphone with a data connection is required to use certain online features. An active OnStar account is required for some features; other features require paid service plan. Features vary by vehicle, location and conditions. For a list of supported vehicles, please visit onstar.com/mobile.
What's New in Version 3.1.0
Introducing the newly expanded myChevrolet mobile app, redesigned with new capabilities to provide the ideal vehicle ownership experience. The app now includes the added benefit of connectivity for vehicles equipped with OnStar. Get the app to enjoy the full potential of your Chevrolet. You’ll need your onstar.com or my.chevrolet.com username and password to login.
I know the big question for a lot of us is if this app is replacing the Onstar app. This update is great though! After downloading it, none of the Onstar services worked. I keep getting an error message telling me to go drive then retry. After driving a few miles the app started to work. One thing I would say add is Touch ID and notifications. Since it can take a good amount of time for your car to lock/unlock or remote start, send us an alert that states it's preformed that specific action. Also, adding in auto fill for the VIN would be greatly, greatly appreciated! And lastly, maybe add an app on the Apple Watch to preform the lock/ unlock, horn, or remote start capabilities form the watch.
Much better than previous version
The buggy, outdated app that was MyChevrolet has been replaced by an app that looks like it was created this year. Also they have added much needed OnStar integration. You can ditch the OnStar remotelink app, MyChevrolet can handle all of the same tasks, plus the vehicle location has been merged with the parking feature, which is actually pretty helpful if you are parking in the city or some other metered parking.
Where's the new features?
The manual is a joke. Give us the ENTIRE owners manual, not a couple things you think are important which aren't as important as the entire owners manual!!
Needs to have the option for new iPhone's that have push sensitivity so we can push on the app icon and select to remote start without having to select multiple times OR/AND make a Notification Center widget so we can remote start from there!!
Should be able to use Touch ID instead of typing the pin.
Also we need the ability to EASILY click the location of our car on the map and have that open up Apple Maps with directions back to our car. Example when in a parking garage late at night needing directions to go back there I found myself walking the wrong directions for miles before ending up manually typing in the directions to the car.
Overall love the app, just needs improvements before I update my review.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: May 09, 2016
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 43.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: General Motors
- © General Motors Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.