*Minimum system requirement: iOS 7 and above
Quickly and easily view your live Cloud Camera feeds and manage your Cloud Routers from anywhere using a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection. Whether you're at the office, having an evening out, or away on vacation, the mydlink Lite app gives you access to your Cloud Cameras, Cloud Routers and NVR even when you’re on-the-go.
You can also check your Cloud Router’s current upload/download bandwidth, or manage your wireless network security and status. Parental controls let you see what sites your children have visited when you were away, and you can even block or unblock network access for individual devices.
For more information, go to mydlink.com or dlink.com
- View live video from your Cloud Camera, including a full-screen view. iPad users may purchase the mydlink+ app for multiple camera viewing.
- Supports H.264 video streaming for smooth high-quality video (specific models only.)
- Listen to audio from your camera’s microphone (audio-enabled models only)
- Save snapshots of your camera’s video to your iPhone or iPod Touch
- View the online status of your Cloud Cameras and Cloud Routers
- Remotely monitor and configure your Cloud Routers
- Access and view your camera's video feed (without audio) through your NVR.
- Support remote viewing period of five minutes in relay mode. Helpful 60 second left countdown timer.
- Touch and drag to move your view around for non-PT cameras. Pinch to zoom in/out.
- Toggle camera's view modes between Night mode, Day mode, and Automatic mode.
- After initial settings on the mydlink website, you can enable/disable motion/sound detection from the app for supported cameras.
- You can talk back with 2-way audio support (for DCS-942L, DCS-5211L, DCS-5222L, DCS-2132L, DCS-2310L, DCS-7010L, DCS-6010L), and cameras will mute their microphones to avoid feedback during two-way audio communication.
- SD Card Playback (for DCS-942L, DCS-5211L, DCS-5222L)
- Camera Firmware upgrade feature
- Support push notifications: Tap to select which device you want to receive push notifications from.
- Support local mode: Allow users to explore and access nearby cameras that are connected to the same LAN network with your phone.
- Online setup: Users can follow the online setup feature to configure new cameras. This app will lead you to configure your camera from A to Z.
- White light light-emitting diode feature of DCS-2136L
- Chat mode selection (OFF to mute camera's microphone) for DCS-942L two-way audio feature
This app is compatible with the following models:
- Cloud Cameras: DCS-930L,DCS-932L,DCS-933L,DCS-931L,DCS-942L,DCS-5211L,DCS-5222L,DCS-2332L,DCS-6010L,DCS-2132L,DCS-2310L,DCS-7010L,DCS-5020L,DCS-5010L,DCS-2136L,DCS-5222LB1,DCS-2330L,DCS-6004L
- Cloud Routers: DAP-1160L,DAP-1360L,DIR-140L,DIR-505L,DIR-600L,DIR-600LW,DIR-602L,DIR-605L,DIR-605LW,DIR-619L,DIR-626L,DIR-636L,DIR-640L,DIR-645L,DIR-810L,DIR-820L,DIR-820LW,DIR-826L,DIR-836L,DIR-840L,DIR-845L,DIR-850L,DIR-855L,DIR-860L,DIR-865L,DIR-868L,DIR-880L,DIR-900L,DIR-905L,DSL-2770L,DSL-2870B,DSL-2890AL,DSL-2900AL,DSL-3590L
- NVR: DNR-322L
Note: For Cloud Storage support, please download the mydlink Access-NAS app.
* The mydlink Lite app is linked to the FFmpeg shared video decoding library, which is compiled to contain LGPL decoders and splitters only. The repository can be cloned from git://github.com/dlinker/mydlink-Lite.git using the git clone command.
* HD H264 feature doesn't work for DCS-931L,DCS-933L,DCS-5010L,DCS-5020L, DCS-5009L, DCS-6045L so far.
Miscellaneous bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Does what it’s supposed to do - perfectly!
Set it up for motion activation, noise activation or both. Set up notification prefs on your phone - my Notification shows on my phone immediately and when I click on it, it opens the camera immediately. Click on the camera icon to take stills that go automatically to your photos area...or hit the red button to record video on se card (if you’ve put one in the unit). Custom set the camera to the view you want to set it to monitor and how sensitive you want it to be to noise or motion.
We plug it in when we go out/want it monitoring and unplug it if we don’t want monitoring. If there’s a shut off button I don’t know where it is but it’s not a big deal.
You only have to enter the password on setup and if you logged out. If I had a 32 digit password I’d just set it to a 30 letter password for this app.
What’s important to me is that it’s very reliable, good camera quality. Ours is a baby monitor. Does what it says it will. Great peace of mind.
I am using the app to try and view dlink cam on local network. When I click on the camera in the app to connect to it, sometimes the app will connect and sometimes it won't. No error message or anything; the app simply stops trying. Considering that connecting to the camera to view the video feed is this app's primary purpose, this is extremely disappointing. Also most settings cannot be accessed or changed using this app. Why? Dlink can and should do better.
I also tried the remote feature, which is equally hit and miss.
Configuring the camera via a web browser (the only way to access the majority of the camera’s settings) and setting it to “HTTPS only” will break the remote portion of the mobile app because the mobile app doesn’t support this setting, but the app won’t tell you that, it will just fail. The My D-link website live view will also fail and not tell you why. I will never buy another DLink camera because the software is a broken mess.
Sheer stupid oversight within app
Just received my 2-pack of the new DCS-8000LH cameras to review. From the unboxing to getting them ready to use, they seem really nice. Too bad I can’t use them due to an oversight in the app. Coming from a company that makes routers, this particular oversight is inexcusable.
When I go to set the cameras up using the app on my Wi-Fi network, it will not take my 32-character password. It’s limited to accepting 30 characters. Really? I entered my password 5 different times and encountered a “connection timeout” error each time. Then I realized upon the 6th try that when I typed the 31st character, it wouldn’t temporarily show the letter, indicating it wasn’t taking it.
I called tech support and they said “it sounded like a limitation with the app” and with this particular model, there are no other workarounds for setup outside the app. So, because of this, these cameras are nothing more than paperweights. And I’m not changing my Wi-Fi password to set these up. Garbage setup. 😡
- D-Link International PTE LTD
- 74.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 D-Link Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.