myGuru is a multi-platform app designed for phone and tablet devices that makes it easy to read and interact with Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
What makes myGuru unique?
myGuru is an all-in-one solution for reading SGGS at home and the Gurdwara. Read Shabads on your phone. Maintain a list of tags for keertan programs. Project Shabads directly to a Projector or TV with the power of Apple TV (iPad and iPad Mini only). It's all possible using myGuru.
- Read Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in its entirety
- Search for shabads by first letter (or first letter anywhere) in Gurmukhi or English
- Swipe side-to-side for smooth page turns
- View in Gurmukhi only or with English transliterations and translations
- Portrait and landscape views supported
- Auto-scroll to the line of the Shabad from search results
- Comprehensive tagging system
- Day/Night mode
- Toggle between Shabad View and Page View
- Take Hukam
- Scroll to top and/or bottom with one tap
- Projector Mode (for iPhone 6+ Plus, iPad, and iPad Mini)
- Dr. Sant Singh Khalsa (English translations)
- Dr. Kulbir Singh Thind (Gurbani Akhar font)
myGuru 2.5 is now compatible with iOS 11. It also includes a few enhancements. It gets rid of accidental left/right scrolling while you are trying to scroll up/down. It gets rid of accidental tagging by requiring you to tap and hold a line of Gurbani to tag it.
Ratings and Reviews
Please update for speed and compatibility
This needs updating to cope with speed & compatibity.
The app does not utilize the power of software. It is for simple reading. There is no word search! You cannot search for a word like prasad or arjan, etc. (by now we should have had 'forgiving spelling' searches! Let alone simple word searches!) You can search a shabad via the first letter search though which is nice but standard in all apps now.
There is no dictionary or alternate translations or context sensitive links to encyclopedias like mahan kosh, etc. Or any other way of exploring .... Like show me shabads of baba Farid, show me shabads on poetic form chhant, etc. i would have expected this next attempt to bring SGGSji on to iPad to be more evolved than what it is.
Sorry for sounding harsh, but it didnt meet my expectations.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.