MyScript Smart Note - Handwriting notes
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover the ease and flexibility of handwritten note-taking on iPad® with MyScript® Smart Note. This powerful and user friendly application provides the freedom and flexibility to write, draw, add equations, annotate, and insert pictures and sounds into your notes.
MyScript Smart Note is the only note-taking application that turns handwritten words and math formulas into interactive text, making it easy to edit, search, and take action on your notes. Words and sentences can be quickly moved, split, joined, and erased by simple gestures. Searching for a word or sentences across pages of notes or even notebooks is simple, allowing handwritten notes to be managed with the same ease as any digital document. You can easily interact with words you have written (i.e. see the word definition, search in a dictionary, Wikipedia®, or Google®; send a page or notebook to a contact name in your address book).
The FREE application includes one notebook (10 pages). Premium features allow users to create unlimited pages and notebooks and share with the most popular cloud applications such as social media, email clients, iTunes®, Dropbox®, and Evernote®.
• Enjoy handwritten note taking with robust tools to write, draw, erase and select.
• Edit notes quickly with simple gestures.
• Interact with words you have written (i.e. see the word definition in a dictionary, search in Wikipedia®, or Google®).
• Search your handwritten text across pages or notebooks.
• Copy/paste or export converted text to any other text application (i.e. iWork®, Pages®, Keynote® and Numbers®).
• Send a page or notebook to a contact name in your address book.
• Add and edit math equations on a note page.
• Create and insert sketches into your notes.
• Insert, resize and rotate images easily.
• Add voice recordings to your notes.
• Supports handwriting recognition in 63 languages *
Premium Features (Available in app purchase)
• UNLIMITED notebooks and pages
• Advanced, UNLIMITED import and export capabilities
- Import MyScript and PDF files from iTunes, Dropbox® and Evernote®
- Export entire notebooks or pages as PDF, LaTeX or MyScript files to e-mail, Facebook®, Twitter®, iTunes, Dropbox, and Evernote
- Print your pages and notebooks with AirPrint support
• Annotate PDF documents
• Backup your notes in iTunes and restore them in Smart Note
Support website: https://support.myscript.com/
Langages: Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azeri, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional (Hong Kong), Chinese Traditional (Taiwan), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch (Belgium), Dutch (Netherlands), English (Canada), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Estonian, Farsi, Finnish, French (Canada), French (France), Galician (Spain), Georgian, German (Austria), German (Germany), Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish (Mexico), Spanish (Spain), Swedish, Tatar, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese.
What's New in Version 1.5.1
iOS 9 support
After using this app off and on for two years I have decided to abandon it.
It is clear this app is meant to demonstrate a technology not to serve as a functional note taking app.
The technology in the background is excellent. The app is useless.
1. It lacks true cloud integration. You can export to some cloud services but not all. Even if you export in the MyScript format, upon importing the file it still has to go through a conversion process. It is slow. It doesn't allow you to work in your notebook on your device and save/store to a cloud service like other cloud integrated apps.
2. It doesn't sync across devices and lacks a reader for other devices. So you can't search or read your notes on your phone or desktop. Your notes are trapped on the device you took them on.
3. Believe it or not it has a backup feature for creating a backup file that can be moved to a desktop vi iTunes file sharing. Is this the 90's? This leads me to believe that the app data, i.e., your notebooks don't get backed up to iCloud. If you lose your device or it crashes all of your data is lost unless you moved this backup file to another device via iTunes.
4. You can't manage your notebooks. You can't sort. You can't change views to a list view or thumbnail view.
5. You can't annotate pdf's that are in landscape. They get resized to fit on a portrait page.
My recommendation is look for a different note taking app.
Smoothest handwriting app, but a few adjustments could be made to make it 5 stars.
I absolutely love the way my handwriting looks using this app. I use my IPad for handwriting notes for class, and this app makes it so easy to do so. I also love the option of zooming into one section while writing, and the screen automatically moves over when your finished writing in that section. The only major complaint I have about this app is how when you import pictures, you can't zoom in on it without it becoming extremely blurry. This is a problem because I like to practice labeling diagrams for tests. OneNote has the advantage over this app in that aspect. I also like that OneNote lets you highlight and make other marks, but this app is so much better for handwriting. If the picture importing problem was corrected, I would definitely choose this app over OneNote.
I'm in Love
This is, without a doubt, one of the best apps on my iPad. I swear that my handwriting looks BETTER on these virtual notebooks than on real paper. This is the first time that I absolutely couldn't wait to spend my money on the full version of an app.
BTW, this review is for the paid version since it has expanded features, (obviously, lol).
- Unlimited notebooks with as many pages as you need.
- A good number of options in regards to changing the cover of your virtual notebooks.
- You have complete control of the color of the ink.
- Adding photos could not be easier.
- Your writing becomes searchable.
- Gives you the option to magnify a small portion of your work so that you have more control of your handwriting. (My favorite feature, btw).
- Stellar customer service response.
- If there's a way to sort your notebooks in a particular order, I haven't found it. I'd like to keep the notebook I use the most to stay at the front.
- I really wish there was an option allowing me to protect certain journals with a password.
All in all, this has become one of those "can't live without it" apps for me.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 24, 2015
- Version: 1.5.1
- Size: 60.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: MyScript
- © MyScript
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock Premium Features$1.99