N26 is The Mobile Bank, Europe’s first completely mobile bank, trusted by more than 2,500,000 customers in 24 markets. N26 gives you complete control of your financial life on your phone. Download the N26 app and open an account in minutes. Get a Mastercard, activate Apple Pay and enjoy personal banking features like sub-accounts for organizing your finances and MoneyBeam for instant cash transfers between contacts. Add any number of financial products like overdraft and personal credit. N26 is banking made simple, modern, and enjoyable.
N26 features include (those features can vary by country):
- Spaces—create sub-accounts for all your goals and keep them all together under one login. Spaces makes it easier to save and gives you control over your spending.
- MoneyBeam––instant cash transfers using only a contact’s email address o r phone number
- TransferWise—international money transfers into 19 different currencies
- Apple Pay—make quick and easy payments using your Apple devices in stores, online, and in apps (available in United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Ireland and Finland)
- Real-time account activity push notifications
- In-app card control to lock or reorder your card, enable payments abroad, enable online payments, and set withdrawal and payment limits
- Automatic spending categorization
- Up to 5 free ATM withdrawals per month from any ATM, based on a Fair Use policy
N26 products include:
- N26 Black—premium account and Mastercard with comprehensive insurance coverage
- N26 Business—account and Mastercard for freelancers and self-employed customers with 0.1% cashback on all purchases
- N26 Business Black—our premium account for freelancers with comprehensive insurance coverage and free withdrawals abroad.
- N26 Metal—our exclusive card for the digital generation. Featured in 3 stunning colors: charcoal black, quartz rose, and slate grey.
- N26 Overdraft—overdraft up to €1.000 with 8,9% interest rate approved within minutes, and up to €10.000 for existing customers (available in Germany and Austria)
- CASH26––use a QR code to get unlimited free account withdrawals and deposit up to €100 cash for free per month at over 11.150 participating stores. (Available in Germany and Austria.)
- N26 Credit—paperless personal credit loan between €1.000 and €25.000 (available in Germany, Austria and France)
- N26 Savings––fixed term savings account with high interest rates up to 1,48% (available in Germany and Austria)
- N26 Insurance––digital insurance dashboard to manage all your policies in one place (available in Germany)
Safety & Security
- Your money is protected by the German Deposit Protection Fund up to €100.000
- Your data is secured according to German data protection requirements
- Your transactions are 3D Secure for additional authentication and fraud protection using Mastercard SecureCode
N26 has been featured internationally by publications like TechCrunch, WIRED, The Financial Times, Forbes, Die Zeit, Süddeutsche Zeitung, Spiegel, BILD, FAZ and many more. N26 has more than 80.000 five-star reviews worldwide.
We've fixed some bugs to make your banking experience even smoother. Happy upgrading!
Ratings and Reviews
Worst rip off you can ever get!
Ive applied to N26 Metal to use the facilties they have such as the Lounge access. After waiting a month until the card arrives and logging on to their stupid inefficient login process, it turns out to be that the lounge access it not even FREE. Every single bank that advertises a LoungeKey access provides them for Free and that is the whole point of it. If I wanted to pay then I wouldve gotten a regular lounge membership from somewhere else. What is the point of paying a hefty monthly fee when this bank doesnt provide anything special and doesnt even have a proper support! There is no telephone to call, their live chat is not working and plus their emails reply days after.
I requested my account to be cancelled or changed to the free one and they simply didnt! They said that your 30days has been finished and you need to pay for the whole year. This is terrible! It took 2 weeks for the card to arrive and since then I’ve been trying to reset my account password which never worked! NEVER EVER go to them. They provide false advertising, unreliable support and simply no point of it as a bank account! Its just the looks of that stupid metal card.
I would need proper support from N26 to contact me and get this account sorted as I will not pay £15 per month regardless of the 30days passing by when there is nothing for it!
Developer Response ,
Hey, we´re very sorry about your experience with your Metal card so far. Here is some information on what it includes: https://n26.com/en-gb/metal . Additionally, we´re always trying to add new partnerships and features to bring more value to the membership so you can take advantage of the offers. Thank you for your observations, we're really sorry that you were put in such discomfort. We'll forward your feedback to the corresponding departments and we hope you can give us another chance. 🙌
Easy and fun to set up
Took me a total of 30 minutes to set up in the comfort of my home while enjoying a cup of coffee and another 5 hours to get activated. What a much better experience than having to set up an appointment at the bank after calling two or three times, be interviewed for 1 hour, wait two weeks to get activated. Got my debit card in less than a week in the
Mail (didn’t need to go to a branch), could set my own pin (didn’t need to wait for a separate envelope to arrive later with bank chosen pin) and as soon as I activate the card, I can add it to Apple Pay. Still haven’t been able to do that with my old bank for last 2 years! I look forward to using this for all my payments!
Horrible customer service App crash Payment crash
It is hard even to describe how reluctant they are in means of fixing existing issues - more likely customer service agents could not care more about your issues. I got a spit in a face - the you are the one from a very few with this issue - somebody will look into that.
It is Very likely for the app to fail to recognize iPhone X face recognition, I already got used to login with password. Second huge bombshell is a inability to process wire payments via their badly integrated TransferWise protocol - which has been long ago failing and even more recently stopped working at all - it will crash app now - once a international wire is being initiated it stuck as a pending payment forever in your log. The issue has not been fixed since the September.
USELESS CHAT HELP
In addition N26 called off the telephone support which was very handy and left a chat based support that is literally useless. Agents does nothing to help you at least enough.
In order to connect with chat agent you now have to provide the passport ID and other sensitive date every time you seek a chat help.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry you experienced this. We've fixed the FaceID and TransferWise issues in the more recent app versions.
We're constantly working on improving our service levels and quality, including on our chat tool and the app's overall security.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.