By Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With NAVIGON you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a fully functional mobile navigation system. Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, the app fits in seamlessly with the iOS operating concept.
*** Range of functions ***
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Can be used in portrait and landscape format
- Precise spoken announcements
- Intelligent address entry
- Lane Assistant Pro
- Real Road Sign
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- NAVIGON MyRoutes
- Day and night modes for map display (automatic switching)
- 2D and 3D map display (bird’s-eye view)
- Route planning function
- Text-to-Speech (voice playback of street names)
- Extended Pedestrian Navigation using the iPhone’s internal compass
- Local Search
- Reality Scanner for POI searches with Augmented Reality
- Coordinate entry
- SOS Emergency Help
The latest HERE maps (fomerly Navteq) map material with coverage for:
Albania, Andorra, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Gibraltar, Greece, United Kingdom, Iceland, Ireland , Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Moldavia, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Hungary, Vatican
Latest Map Guarantee:
Guarantees you the most up-date maps at all times! After installing the app, you will automatically have access to the latest maps from the market leaders HERE maps (formerly Navteq) .
NAVIGON FreshMaps XL (InApp):
Always have the latest maps with NAVIGON FreshMaps XL! Update your device each quarter with the latest map updates from the experts. Your device will be kept right up to date and will not only include changes and additions to the road network, but also a whole load of new special destinations. This increases safety, reduces stress and saves time!
NAVIGON MyMaps allows you to carry only the country maps you currently need. Meaning you have more memory space for photos, music and other apps.
Please note the following:
Positioning your iPhone correctly in the vehicle is very important to ensure optimal GPS reception! We recommend that you use the NAVIGON Design Car Kit for the iPhone, which includes both a designer suction pad holder and a car charger, enabling you to charge your iPhone during the journey. Available from specialist retailers or from the NAVIGON shop directly at www.navigon.com!
Should you experience GPS reception problems with your iPhone, please refer to the FAQ on our website:www.navigon.com.
Allowing GPS to run in the background for extended periods can lead to a significant reduction in battery life.
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
What's New in Version 2.10.1
Hotfix: Resolves an issue which caused a crash after updating the app under iOS 7.
- Extended display of traffic signs: Warning of sharp turns, overtaking bans, accident risk, and more
- Today Screen Widget: Fast navigation to your home address or up to three favorites, as well as information on distance and the expected travel time
- Improvement of Traffic Live (In App Purchase): Detailed congestion information at a glance, including a new quick way to route around traffic jams manually
New In App purchase options:
- Mobile Alert Live Premium: Warning of mobile speed controls across Europe, including level of reliability, time since last report and the number of reporters travelling in your direction
- Alternative Fuel: Database including CNG, LPG, Biodiesel and E-Charging stations
- General bug fixes and stability improvements
WELL worth the money!
I downloaded this app before my driving trip to Italy and, even though the price originally deterred me, it was well worth the money. We lovingly named our app Fiona. Fiona helped us throughout our Tuscan trip. She has excellent timing of directions. She gives advanced warning of an exit or turn but she also announces it again at the point you should take it, which is nice on confusing roadways. She has pictures of what the exit looks like with guiding arrows. She says "beware" if you're speeding. And best of all, she does NOT require a data plan. This was WELL worth the money!
Accurate, excellent tool for a driving holiday
We relied on this app downloaded onto our iPad mini 3 for our 14 day trip in Italy. It has safely directed us through the Tuscan countryside effortlessly. I purchased this on an Easter special and I must say it's worth every cent! Did not require data!
100% dissatisfied with this product. First, GPS has difficulty finding satellites and constantly drops coverage when driving. Second, the accuracy is terrible; 212m is the closest I have seen to my location. Third, I find the product very basic and not very intuitive. I owned a Navigon GPS eight years ago and it was a better product than this 2015 App. Not happy with the money I spent for a GPS that barely works. I do not recommend this app.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 25, 2015
- Version: 2.10.1
- Size: 74.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
- © 2015 Garmin Würzburg GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Panorama View 3D$10.99
- NAVIGON Traffic Live$21.99
- Urban Guidance$4.99
- Fresh Maps XL EU 44$33.99
- Mobile Alert Live$8.99
- Mobile Alert Live Upgrade$10.99
- Michelin GreenGuide$18.99
- Michelin RedGuide$24.99
- Mobile Alert Live Premium$19.99