NAVIGON North America
By Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
With NAVIGON you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a fully functional mobile navigation system. Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, the app fits in seamlessly with the iOS operating concept.
"All told, Navigon is a solid app that's worth its price, even next to free apps like Google Maps, our Editors' Choice for free iPhone navigation apps, thanks to Navigon's more extensive feature set, innovative optional plug-ins, and more informative display while driving." (PC Mag, Winner of the Editor's Choice Award)
"NAVIGON is currently the best turn-by-turn navigation app for
iPhone for anyone who needs world-wide options and offline support." (iMore)
"If you really want to step up your navigational game…then you should download Navigon." (CNN)
*** Range of functions ***
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Can be used in portrait and landscape format
- Precise spoken announcements
- Intelligent address entry
- Lane Assistant Pro
- Real Road Sign
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- NAVIGON MyRoutes - Day and night modes for map display (automatic switching)
- 2D and 3D map display (bird’s-eye view)
- Route planning function
- Text-to-Speech (voice playback of street names)
- Extended Pedestrian Navigation using the iPhone’s internal compass
- Local Search
- Reality Scanner for POI searches with Augmented Reality
- Coordinate entry
- SOS Emergency Help
The latest HERE maps (formerly Navteq) map material with coverage for:
USA (incl. Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands), Canada
Furthermore it's now also possible to receive regular, quarterly map updates through Fresh Maps XL.
Latest Map Guarantee:
NAVIGON’s new Latest Map Guarantee provides customers the latest HERE maps (formerly Navteq) map available when purchasing NAVIGON 2.0 for iPhone.
NAVIGON FreshMaps XL:
The latest maps at all times with NAVIGON FreshMaps XL! For a single payment you will receive map updates from experts up to four times a year for a period of two years.
The app is then always up to date and contains not only changes or additions to the road network but also plenty of new POIs. Giving you extra safety, reducing stress and saving time!
NAVIGON MyMaps allows you to carry only the country maps you currently need. Meaning you have more memory space for photos, music and other apps.
Please note the following:
Positioning your iPhone correctly in the vehicle is very important to ensure optimal GPS reception! We recommend that you use the NAVIGON Design Car Kit for the iPhone, which includes both a designer suction pad holder and a car charger, enabling you to charge your iPhone during the journey. Available from specialist retailers or from the NAVIGON shop directly at www.navigon.com!
Should you experience GPS reception problems with your iPhone, please refer to the FAQ on our website:www.navigon.com.
Allowing GPS to run in the background for extended periods can lead to a significant reduction in battery life.
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
What's New in Version 3.0
• The navigation view has been optimised from ground up for better clarity and legibility. A simple swipe to the left or to the right provides access to the main menu or to other functions while on the go.
• Regarding the maps not only the colors have been optimised fundamentally, but also the representation of map elements.
• Trip logs can now be shared as photos with friends or on social networks.
• And last but not least the app has been optimised for the new iPhone X.
Flawed Screen Design and Terrible Screen Setup
I paid so far for this navigation app close to $100 and feel the designers of this app are not getting the picture about how to make it user friendly. Vital information that should be on the screen are absent. For example, the heading on top should show any upcoming major intersection and the anticipated exit that a person need and the expected miles until the exit is reached. I wish the designers of this app had followed the nice design format used in Garmin U.S.A. unfortunately Garmin U.S.A. is no longer updated as far as I know. The bottom line here is add user friendliness to this navigation app and it will be a winner. I hope someone is listening.
Good For Offline Driving Maps
When I drive across international borders this app becomes my best friend. Aside from that, there’s not much you can do to customize. Public transit feature is kind of a joke (can’t have it all though). Traffic feature is a hit or miss and only works well if everyone uses the app. Maybe just offer the traffic feature as a free upgrade so more people will use it and improve traffic reports? Still waiting for custom voice option, not a fan of that lady’s voice (sorry lady). I’ve been using this app since 2008 and still I can only offer this app 3 stars.
New Update is Awesome!!!
I like the new update, especially with the new brighter, clear and focused Street direction on the top.
I have been using NAVIGON for over 10 years. I have never gotten lost. When someone would give me their address I would say I would find them with my GPS navigation. A lot of people said most people‘s GPS does not get them there. However, with NAVIGON I have always arrived at the correct address/location.
Keep up the good work everyone at NAVIGON!!!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 03, 2017
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 176 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
- © 2017 Garmin Würzburg GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- NAVIGON Traffic Live$19.99
- Panorama View 3D$9.99
- USA Speedcams$4.99
- FreshMaps XL NorthAmerica$19.99
- Urban Guidance$4.99