NAVIGON North America
By Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With NAVIGON you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a fully functional mobile navigation system. Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, the app fits in seamlessly with the iOS operating concept.
"All told, Navigon is a solid app that's worth its price, even next to free apps like Google Maps, our Editors' Choice for free iPhone navigation apps, thanks to Navigon's more extensive feature set, innovative optional plug-ins, and more informative display while driving." (PC Mag, Winner of the Editor's Choice Award)
"NAVIGON is currently the best turn-by-turn navigation app for
iPhone for anyone who needs world-wide options and offline support." (iMore)
"If you really want to step up your navigational game…then you should download Navigon." (CNN)
*** Range of functions ***
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Can be used in portrait and landscape format
- Precise spoken announcements
- Intelligent address entry
- Lane Assistant Pro
- Real Road Sign
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- NAVIGON MyRoutes - Day and night modes for map display (automatic switching)
- 2D and 3D map display (bird’s-eye view)
- Route planning function
- Text-to-Speech (voice playback of street names)
- Extended Pedestrian Navigation using the iPhone’s internal compass
- Local Search
- Reality Scanner for POI searches with Augmented Reality
- Coordinate entry
- SOS Emergency Help
The latest HERE maps (formerly Navteq) map material with coverage for:
USA (incl. Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands), Canada
Furthermore it's now also possible to receive regular, quarterly map updates through Fresh Maps XL.
Latest Map Guarantee:
NAVIGON’s new Latest Map Guarantee provides customers the latest HERE maps (formerly Navteq) map available when purchasing NAVIGON 2.0 for iPhone.
NAVIGON FreshMaps XL:
The latest maps at all times with NAVIGON FreshMaps XL! For a single payment you will receive map updates from experts up to four times a year for a period of two years.
The app is then always up to date and contains not only changes or additions to the road network but also plenty of new POIs. Giving you extra safety, reducing stress and saving time!
NAVIGON MyMaps allows you to carry only the country maps you currently need. Meaning you have more memory space for photos, music and other apps.
Please note the following:
Positioning your iPhone correctly in the vehicle is very important to ensure optimal GPS reception! We recommend that you use the NAVIGON Design Car Kit for the iPhone, which includes both a designer suction pad holder and a car charger, enabling you to charge your iPhone during the journey. Available from specialist retailers or from the NAVIGON shop directly at www.navigon.com!
Should you experience GPS reception problems with your iPhone, please refer to the FAQ on our website:www.navigon.com.
Allowing GPS to run in the background for extended periods can lead to a significant reduction in battery life.
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
What's New in Version 2.13
- NAVIGON on Apple Watch now displays turn advices and alerts when over-speeding or approaching speed cameras* or traffic jams** incl. haptic feedback (requires watchOS 2).
- Turn advices and alerts when over-speeding or approaching traffic jams** are now also available on Garmin Connect IQ devices.
- Supports 3D Touch on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus: Just press the app icon and start your navigation home or to up to three favorite destinations super quick!
* Requires In App Purchase „Mobile Alert Live“ (available with 33% discount until Oct 25)
** Requires In App Purchase „Traffic Live“ (available with 33% discount until Oct 25)
My car should have this app
My car came w/ a Garmin navigator, but I wish I had a Navigon navigator instead. Back in summer 2009, I read a Wall St. Journal article that gave loads of accolades about the Navigon app. Based on that article, I bought an iPhone instead of a Blackberry, just to use this app and thereby saving money on GPS units at airport car rental booths. It paid for itself on my first business trip after purchase. Like any software, this has had glitches. But, Navigon eliminated them ASAP. And I wish it had a trip odometer, a handy bicycle touring feature. However, I consider this app has been well worth the purchase.
There's a bug
When I have this giving directions over Bluetooth after every driving command it says "call ended". When this happened in my car the car's screen would show that I was on a call. Then later when I was in a work truck using a earpiece it did the same thing. When I turned off Bluetooth it gave directions normally. Then when I turned on Bluetooth it would always end every direction command like it was on a phone call and say "call ended".
I Googled this problem and others reported the same problem. They said it started after a update. Other GPS apps don't have this problem.
Watch interface FAIL
The Apple Watch interface that was "enhanced" in this version is a big FAIL.
Each time I have used the feature, it will offer the first and second turns, then directions no longer work on the watch.
The 4 destinations offered on the watch or using 6s 3D Touch are the TOP listed favorites saved in the iPhone Navigon app. Favorites can be moved in the list after selecting "edit" on top right of screen.
Navigon still refuses to offer a user guide for their feature filled app. As a consequence, many users will never access or understand many of the hidden features in the app (even after they get the features to work correctly).
Navigon app is a great navigation app. The watch interface is a FAIL and Navigon is a FAIL for refusing to offer a user guide.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 15, 2015
- Version: 2.13
- Size: 85.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
- © 2015 Garmin Würzburg GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- NAVIGON Traffic Live$19.99
- Panorama View 3D$9.99
- USA Speedcams$4.99
- FreshMaps XL NorthAmerica$19.99
- Urban Guidance$4.99