Nest - Your home in your hand
By Nest Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. Same goes for our newly redesigned Nest app.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Protect, Nest Cam and Dropcam all in one place. And get alerts on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest Learning Thermostat
The thermostat that programs itself to help you save energy.
- Adjust the temperature on your way home. Or from the couch.
- See how much energy you used and why. The more you know, the more you can save.
- View and edit your thermostat schedule.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your pipes freeze or your pet overheats.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks, and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide. Or if the batteries are low. (Requires Wi-Fi and working Internet connection)
- Hush an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once – without using a ladder. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam & Dropcam
The Wi-Fi video camera that lets you see your home on your phone.
- Set it up on your phone. It should only take a minute. Literally.
- Stream securely day or night. And see your home in super clear 1080p HD (Nest Cam only).
- Get alerts when there’s motion or sound while you’re away.
- Talk and listen through the Nest app. Hear the baby cry. Or tell your dog to get off the couch.
- Rewind to see what you missed when you subscribe to Nest Aware with Video History.
Some features require a working Internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
To learn more about our products, go to nest.com
What's New in Version 5.4.0
- Improvements to Nest Cam & Nest Protect stability
- Improvements to Home/Away Assist usability
- Expanded VoiceOver coverage to improve accessibility for the visually impaired
- General bug fixes & enhancements
Having troubles with your Nest? Get help at http://nest.com/help. Unfortunately we cannot respond directly to App Store reviews.
I added the Nest Cam to our baby registry and received it. I was so excited until the app took forever to start. Also, it kept on trying to connect and finally connected after major delay. This is a horrible camera for a baby monitor since it has up to a 30 second delay. It's a problem if I can hear my baby crating before I even get notified by the App then wait for it to connect. Nest should be SUED if camera doesn't work or have delays. Why is something happened to my baby but I wouldn't be able to find out until way later. Really wanted this product to work but it's garbage. The only way I would try it again is if they send me a new camera and do. Their software. What are you all doing in mountain view, getting paid for a sub par parodist? You all should be fired.
Significant loss of functionality vs DropCam app
And somehow Nest have managed to make the app worse. This latest update further regresses viewing past events. In the DropCam app you could drag on a timeline, and in the Nest app you could only select specific events and view full screen. And now you can only view in a small thumbnail window. At this rate I'll going to be cancelling my subscription.
** ORIGINAL REVIEW**
With the new NestCams, I though I would add another camera, to my existing 2-DropCam Pro installation.
Little did I know I'd be forced into using the Nest App, as NestCams are now supported in the (excellent) DropCam app.
Many key features are missing from the Nest App, and the absence of Timeline scrolling in particular makes for a terribly hard to use NestApp.
The nest timeline view in the NestApp only allows me to see "events" it does not allow me to easily scroll through my timeline, nor does it easily allow me to rewind or fast forward easily, to before and after events. It assumes the motion detection is always perfect for detecting events (which it's not).
Bring timelone scrolling back please, the Nest app interface is terrible. Or support Nest cams in the DropCam app.
New Update is Horrible
Not quite sure what these people are thinking. This app was just ok before now it's almost unusable for video viewing. I use my nest cam and dropcam for outdoor security cameras with dropcases. Latest update makes you preview history in a little window first then move it over to the bigger window if you select the continue button. Lame! What this means is they have sever issues and this was their way of patching it. Your subscription service costs a boatload, fix your servers aren't you guys part of Google now?
Can you make it so I can move my cameras into my dropcam app and use that one again as that app actually works good.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Apr 21, 2016
- Version: 5.4.0
- Size: 61.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, Spanish
- Seller: Nest Labs, Inc
- © 2011-16 Nest Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.