Nest - Your home in your hand
By Nest Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. The newly redesigned Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, see your home with Nest Cam and Dropcam, and know if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And get notifications on your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, like turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. And everyone at home can get notifications and control the Nest products they need with their own Nest Account – no more sharing passwords.
Nest Learning Thermostat
The thermostat that programs itself to help you save energy.
- Adjust the temperature from the train or the sofa using your phone or Apple Watch.
- See how much energy you used and why. The more you know, the more you can save.
- View and edit your thermostat schedule or boost your domestic hot water.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide (CO). Or if the batteries are low. (Requires Wi-Fi and working internet connection)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once – without using a chair or ladder. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor and Dropcam
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Set up your camera on your phone. Just plug it in and download the app to get started.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in on home 24/7 in super clear 1080p HD (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
What's New in Version 5.10.1
Bug fixes and enhancements
App has one big flaw with notification alerts and several minor problems
The big problem is for users who want their Nest Cam recording 24x7 but only want notifications when Away from home. The app only shuts off notifications if you have home/away assist turned on which shuts the camera off when you're not Home. This is a problem. The camera is meant to be turned on and recording at all times. But is annoying to get notifications of activity in your living room when you are sitting in the actual living room and its you making the movement. Nest needs to update the app to app low turning notifications on and off based on home and away status of connected phones while allowing the camera to be on and recording 24x7 regardless of location of connect phones. Without this feature the camera is much less useful. Hopefully this can be updated in the next software release! Please!!!!
Also the app needs to allow for setting and modification of zones instead of having to go to a computer and using the website.
Lastly, the notifications can be triggered by simple changes in light or shadows. This is especially problematic for rooms like big windows or for all outdoor cameras. This really needs to be fixed. I get several notifications a day with no motion other than changes in shadows and light in the frame.
Dropcam app is much better. Reason I had to start using nest app is because I purchased a third camera and dropcam doesn't allow adding a third cam and requests you to use nest app. Nest app is constantly freezing on you and doesn't capture as many movement as it should. You try to rewind to see a portion of the video footage and it skips over the portion that it should have captured (in my case my rabbit jumping over the baracade i set up). I wouldn't have know she done that if my boyfriend hadn't seen it himself. Also, you try to rewind and a lot of the times it doesn't play footage where you rewinded too. It freezes! Apparently, Nest bought out dropcam and that is why they have not been updating dropcam app which I liked. Granted it did have some issues but the issues compared to this app is not comparable. Please make your app better.. I spent so much money for 3 cameras and cannot view the footage as well as the previous dropcam app. This is BS!!!!!!!
UPDATE: App is still horrible! I paid for a years worth video recording for 3 cams and it it gives me the spinning circle all day today. Nest! Please fix your app!
Great hardware, awful app
We only use the nest thermostat, so no comment on camera systems. The app interface is simple but not intuitive, so expect to spend some time trying to figure out how to perform basic functions. Scheduling your thermostat temperatures is a disastrously difficult process. You have to set each individual day - no copy and paste feature - and the schedule will randomly disappear every now and again, leaving us very toasty at night. When scheduling, you are forced to use landscape mode, which is a minor inconvenience, but the real headache is the way the numbers on the temperature sliders are positioned. You can't see what temp you're selecting because the numbers appear right underneath your fingertip. I use the iPhone 7 plus, so screen real estate really shouldn't be an issue.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Feb 27, 2017
- Version: 5.10.1
- Size: 99.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Nest Labs, Inc
- © 2011-15 Nest Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes