At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam, and know if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And get notifications on your iPhone, iPad.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. Forgot to set the alarm? Nest notices and will send you a Remind Me alert. And everyone at home can get notifications and control the Nest products they need with their own Nest Account – no more sharing passwords.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Change the temperature from the subway or the sofa using your phone.
- See how much energy you used and why.
- View and edit your schedule or boost your domestic hot water.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Know who is coming and going with Family Accounts and event history.
- Receive a Remind Me alert if you left home and forgot to set the alarm.
- Invite guests from the app, sending them an email invitation with unique passcodes with set visiting hours.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm- either a door or window opened or someone entered a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide (CO).(Requires Wi-Fi and working internet connection)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence.(Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in 24/7 with crisp 1080p HD (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts (or familiar / unfamiliar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Know who’s knocking.
- Never miss a moment with 24/7 video streaming.
- Designed to show you everything at your doorstep – people head to toe or packages on the ground.
- Nest Hello can tell the difference between a person and a thing.
- Get notified about a visitor even if they don’t ring the bell.
- HD Talk and Listen enables you to naturally talk with someone at your door.
- When you can’t answer the door, quick responses let you reply to visitors with pre recorded audio messages.
Nest x Yale Lock
The lock for a more secure Nest home.
- Set up Family Accounts so everyone can unlock the door with the Nest app.
- Instead of keys, assign a passcode to people you trust in the Nest app.
- When someone locks or unlocks the door, the Nest app can send an alert.
- Turn on Home/Away Assist and Auto-Lock, your door can lock itself when you leave.
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
Bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
I’m sure there’s some crazy way to manipulate the app to make it “hold” the temp, but I can’t figure out how. I understand some people have 9-5 jobs and the learning is a great feature for them. However, we have nothing even close to a 9-5 jobs so this learning our schedule is a joke. I bought it to adjust the temp from my phone. Not for it to think it can figure out my crazy schedule. Why can’t you just Hold the stupid temp?? That’s what I want. And if it changes the temp of our baby’s room one more time, I’m going to scream. I have NEVER changed it to anything other than 72 during the day and 70 at night. That’s it. Then I look at the app and it says it’s 67 degrees in her room. This is completely stupid and would never recommend this product to anyone
No distinguishing doorbell sound
We have the doorbell, outdoor camera and thermostat and are would give Nest an excellent review if it weren’t for the fact that there is no distinguishing notification sound for when the doorbell actually rings. There should be a way to have a separate chime or sound for the doorbell ringing and be able to adjust its volume so it gets your attention from across the room from your phone. Right now I get the same notification of leaves blow by the front door as if someone rings the doorbell. This needs to be fixed ASAP as the doorbell feature is one of the main reasons we got the product.
Nest is one of the best
I have Nest cameras surrounding my home, indoors to monitor our dog when away, the doorbell and the thermostat. Love them. I’ve used Ring, Reolink and other remote camera apps.. Nest has the best user interface for playback. To be able to swipe and see video at the same time is clutch. I’d give it a 5 star if there was an option to pause playback. The home/away settings are great, motion zones.. great. Maybe add the WiFi strength per camera like Ring does...
- Nest Labs, Inc
- 399.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-18 Nest Labs, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.