*** FREE 30 DAY SUBSCRIPTION TRIAL – READ OUR LATEST ISSUE FREE TODAY ***
Join thousands of others and download our free app now!
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on 1 month and 1 year terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. You can cancel your subscription at any point.
Individual issues are priced at:
Single issue £6.99 / $6.99 / €7.99
With subscription prices at:
1 month £3.99 / $4.99 / €4.99
1 year £44.99 / $59.99 / €59.99
Prices subject to change - please check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition. ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
• We've rebranded the app with our new logo and updated the messaging system.
• Bookmarking bug fix. Some users reported that bookmarks were flickering which has now been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
So I love .net in print, every issue is an experience... And the designers love their tiny type and creative layouts, so it can't be easy to translate that to an app on a 10" screen. And I sincerely appreciate that each issue is less than half of the in store price!
But setting the excellent content aside for a moment, the app is almost painful to use. All the things that make the print mag great like the multi page spreads and frequent inserts hamper the digital experience badly. I find myself zooming way in to be able to read the text comfortably, and then quickly loosing the flow of the content. It's ironic how much all these and other issues (in a magizine on online design) exemplify difficulties in translating from one medium to the other.
And just because I can only be objective for so long: Acceleromiter support? Really??? YOU CAN'T EVEN CLICK ON A URL TO OPEN IT IN THE BROWSER!!! Nor can you copy and paste it! And they add acceleromiter support... Thanks.
I expected more from a web design magazine. None of the features of the iPad are utilized to make the reading experience unique and enjoyable. Expect nothing more than a scanned version of the print edition. The text is so small when viewed on the ipad that you constantly need to zoom in on to read the content. Lazy development all around. The developers are so lazy that touching a plain hyperlink in the text won't open your browser and take you to the linked article. At the table of contents you can't click an article you want to read. Instead, you need to scroll through each article and advertisement to get to what you want to read. What an embarrassment to release this digital edition in its present form. I expected much better and would have gotten the print edition had I known the digital edition would be so terrible. The only redeeming aspect is that some of the articles are interesting.
Great in print, poor attempt at digital!
I've had a subscription to your printed .net magazine and I've bought it off the shelf at book stores. This digital copy is far less expensive than buying it off a bookseller's shelf (usually around $15 USD) and as a print subscription ($125 USD for 13 issues), which I appreciate.
However, the actual iPhone/iPad app leaves a lot to be desired. The UI is terrible. There is no integration with Safari, to easily navigate to a web link. The advertisement space is annoying in the mobile environment and takes up way too much real estate.
Finally, had I known there would not be any way to get the disks, included with the printed edition and that I would not have access to the web site, as I do with a print subscription, I never would have subscribed to it via the App Store. I can tell you this much, I will not renew, until these options are made available.
- Future Publishing Ltd.
- 33.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Future Publishing Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription $4.99
- 1 Year Subscription $59.99
- 3 Month Subscription $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.