NetAdmin Pro - network scanner for network manager
By Aribada Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
NetAdmin Pro is a fully automated powerful monitoring tool which continuously provides diverse information on the *local network* you are connected.
** NetAdmin for iOS (iPhone/iPad) was also released. Please check it out. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/netadmin-pro-network-scanner/id675649574?mt=12
NetAdmin Pro is an advanced version of NetAdmin.
- supports multiple connected network interfaces
- bonjour scanning
- automatic snmp information gathering
- more informative network structure
- enhanced chart with beauty.
- intuitive grid based on/off status and IP allocation monitor of hosts.
- and more...
In your offices and homes, many devices would have been connected to the local network. Some may be strictly controlled, and some may not. And some may consist of general computers and printers, and some may consist of wi-fi networks where mobile devices are connected to.
NetAdmin Pro lets you find all the devices connected to your local networks automatically without a separate monitoring collection server in any environment. This tool also collects information, and manages and monitors the connection history and information continuously.
Main features of NetAdmin Pro are:
- Stand-alone automatic data collection in your Mac.
- Fully automated operations
- Easy UI that provides various information required for local network management
- Host status charts within various given period (90 min. to 1 year)
- Network and host status reporting (PDF, print), exporting via CSV
- Additional features such as MIB Browser (SNMP v1/v2, keyword searching, exporting via text/CSV)
- Configurable icon and name for each device
- Wake On LAN
Main information provided by NetAdmin Pro is:
- Up/Down status of each host (with chart)
- Ping response time (with chart)
- NetBIOS, Bonjour, MDNS, UPNP, SNMP information
- Port scan and launch application with opened port
- NIC Vendor country/company (with OUI DB update feature)
- Public IP allocation history
- IP allocation history on each host
- Connected networks history for each host
- Wi-Fi information for connected network
- SNMP walk information on the network
- Host type analysis: Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OSX, Mobile device, Network printer, VOIP phone
* for the performance reason, the number of hosts in one subnet is limited by 1022, but you can change it from Preferences.
** Link aggregated interfaces are not supported yet.
** NetAdmin Pro do not support network traffic monitoring and remote host (including VPN), please consider it before you buy.
What's New in Version 2.0.6
- empty host bug was fixed.
Application is ok, support isn't
Application is ok, support isn't. I mailed on September 10. September 23. And today I reminded them for the 3rd time. No answer whatsoever. Very frustrating.
So yes, you see the devices in the network and it can tell you a lot of information about them. What it cannot do (or at least, I can't find it and my questions go unanswered) is:
- No possibility to see what device is using how much bandwidth.
- You can add graphs to a menu bar foldout menu, but they are unnamed. Completely useless.
- Elements here and there that look like you can click on them but don't seem to do a thing (like a cog behind a name; I would expect that clicking it would then open a menu or something; instead it's a complete mystery why there is a cog).
- Devices appear multiple times if they got a different IP address over time (which is just obviously going to happen with a DHCP network). And oh yes, the double entry gets a generic name. So my house is slowly filling itself with "Apple" devices, which are just old entries of our iPhones having connected.
There are other small bugs but they are more annoyances than big things. My main complaint is just the UTTER LACK OF SUPPORT. So if you guys are reading this: can you answer my mails? There are 3 of them by now.
A little expensive, but worth it IMO
Not many Mac OS network management tools out there that actually work. This one allows you to monitor your network, albeit just one subnet, but provides decent tools to monitor network health. I wish you could launch the management tools for network devices the tool discovers like IP Scanner Pro, but the reporting, mapping, monitoring tools are far superior. The two products combined together would be a great tool. For $30 more, this is a better product than IP Scanner Pro, but likely more expensive than most home networking users will want to pay.
Great features, but buggy.
I ran the basic Netadmin for quite some time, and found it worked very well. I assumed that the “Pro” version would be better. In terms of features it is, but it is very frustrating to use. It likes to “beachball” and hang regularly. I tried deleting and re-installing it. No luck. I’ve gone back to the basic Netadmin. It doesn’t have all the features, but at least it doesn’t hang and beachball like this “Pro” version does. I’m running 10.9.4 on a MacBook Pro 15” Retina (Late 2013). If it wasn’t so buggy and unstable, I’d give it four stars.