Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This universal iOS application controls all devices through the local network or 3G! It is a generic remote controller for your iPhone/iPad/Android which simply sends and reads strings over a network socket. You can easily communicate with micro controllers connected to your LAN (for example AVR-Board, Arduino Board, reembox, raspberry pi, self made hardware) or with other computers.
Control your RFM12 power outlets, infrared devices or read sensor data like temperature.. there are endless possibilities!
Build your own remote control with the online editor on my website without knowing how to create iOS applications and reuse your config in other apps like an OSX Dashboard Widget (also available on my website).
- generic view rendering (button, slider, label, switch) with many customisation options
- sending, receiving data over sockets
- use calculations to display raw sensor data
- change colours and images during runtime
- use custom icons with iTunes FileSharing
- reconnect after connection errors
- support for multiple receivers
- supports low level TCP socket, UDP, HTTP and HTTPS connections
- send requests continuously while holding down a button
- send impulses with a specified delay
- sync configurations with online UI-Designer
- display responses on labels every X miliseconds (interval updates)
- scrollable pages
- support for all orientations (ipad)
- utf-8 support
Important: This application needs some hardware or software to connect to. Without such a thing nothing will happen! Please contact me if you have any problems!
The configuration file 'default.json' will be available in the iTunes Filesharing after the first start.
More information and configuration instructions are available at www.davideickhoff.de. There is also a demo video, which shows a working scenario where you can control IR devices and some power connectors.
(Demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWm2Q_TL4HY )
If there are any problems please write a mail!
What's New in Version 2.0
It's time for an update! Thanks again for your feedback - it makes the NetIO app even more awesome!
- redesigned for iOS 7 and more customisation options
- now supports HTTPS and Basic Auth for HTTP and HTTPS connections
- supports UDP connections
- event-based global response listening, set multiple items with one response
- improved connection handling by adding a configurable command termination character for responses
- Calculations, transform incoming data into valuable numbers (check documentation)
- advanced runtime formatting possibilities (setting colours, images and icons)
- Slider: adding step and reset attributes
- several bugfixes
Powerful App for an Arduino
If you own an Arduino that has an ethernet connection than this is a must have app!! Completely customizable, from buttons to backgrounds. This app flawlessly transfers data from iphone to arduino and back. I have used to read and set a temperature from my iphone and remotely turn pins on and off. There is a little bit of a learning curve when getting started, but if you have any knowledge of programming than you will have no problem.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 10, 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: David Eickhoff und Björn Wagner
- © David Eickhoff
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.