Network Ping Lite
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Network Ping is a software test tool for maintaining and debugging network problems on a local area network (LAN). Get an easy view for a full subnet on a single screen. Look at the screen to the left displaying the status for devices 192.168.2.0 - 192.168.2.255. Green and the device is working, yellow, there is a problem, and red, the device is not any longer on the LAN.
Need telnet access to a router, no problem, a Telnet console application is also included.
Compared to the Lite version the full version has:
- Up to 400 entries can be saved in the device list, the lite version is limited to 4
- Telnet to any port
- Subnet ping is not interrupted after 255 ping request.
- Ping a single IP address
- Ping a subnet to give an overview for 253 IP addresses
- Traceroute, to determine the route taken by packets across an IP network
- Telnet console, for simple access to a router or UNIX Server
- Display the iPhone IP address
What's New in Version 1.3
- bug fixing
Pretty useful app. I downloaded it just to test ping times over wifi when I had high latency on my laptop (found out it was because of the Bluetooth adapter) and now I think I'll keep it.
Great set of tools for checking network status when you are out of the office/not near a computer. Recommended!
This APP would be truly awesome if it only included the extended ping commands so you could use it for troubleshooting things like path MTU problems. All the network engineers would pay for it.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Sep 24, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jan Frydendal
- © MochaSoft Aps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.