Neural for iPad
By Andrew Meyer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Launch clips in Ableton Live and Bitwig Studio for free.
- Quickly find and launch your clip or scene with Neural's drag and release interface. On-screen indication in your DAW show you a preview of what you're launching.
- Mute, solo, and stop tracks.
- Realtime feedback for clip colors, names, playing statuses, and more.
- Easy setup and configuration using network MIDI.
Clip and Scene Launching
- Neural has been designed to be a fast, easy to use clip and scene launching interface. Simply tap a button to fire. Or, press anywhere, drag to your desired clip or scene, and release to fire. Your DAW will show you a preview of your selection.
Stop, mute, and solo
- Each track has two additional buttons. One button stops a track's playing clip, and the other can be set to mute or solo the track. You can also stop all clips simultaneously and stop your DAW's playback.
Fire lots of clips for free
- Neural's interface has 8 tracks and 16 scenes, giving you a total of 128 clips that you can launch for free. If you want to swipe the screen for more tracks and scenes, or simply want to support the development of Neural, you can unlock scrolling as an in-app purchase. Your support is greatly appreciated.
What's New in Version 2.01
Fixed tutorial crash.
Clean and simple with room to grow
This app is a very simple and clean companion for your Live DAW. The setup is not painful and it works reasonably well. There are a few small bugs but the developer has confirmed that he is working on them. Quick response from the developer is a good sign.
It needs a little work before I can call it a solid app, but it is a really strong base for a DAW companion app. I’m going to keep an eye on this one.
Waste time waste money