By Eric Lambert
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
New Scientist is the world’s most-read weekly popular science and technology magazine. Every week, New Scientist offers:
- Accurate, easy-to-understand coverage of the latest discoveries – and what they will mean for your life.
- A fresh, rational perspective on international news, from healthcare to energy.
- In-depth features that explore the big questions about life, the universe and what it means to be human.
The New Scientist app allows you to read each weekly issue on your iPad and iPhone, including in-depth articles, videos and links to references. Download the New Scientist app read sample issues for free, buy individual issues or buy a subscription.
If you already have a subscription, please contact customer services to include app access as part of your subscription before logging in to the app. Customer services details can be found here: http://www.newscientist.com/info/in428?full=true
Details on subscription terms and conditions:
- Length: Subscriptions are available for a 3 month term (12 issues) or 1 year term (51 issues). Delivery is weekly.
- Price: Subscriptions are available for $21.99 USD for 3 months ($1.83 per issue) or $84.99 for 1 year ($1.67 per issue).
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Renewals are similarly available for $21.99 USD for 3 months ($1.83 per issue) or $84.99 for 1 year ($1.67 per issue).
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
- Subscriptions via iTunes do not include unlimited access to newscientist.com.
Having trouble? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
If someone in the world has a good idea, you’ll read about it in New Scientist.
What's New in Version 1.0.5
General improvements and bug fixes.
Must have magazine for the science enthusiast
Great depth and scope of articles, up to date news, and explained in terms a novice in any field could understand. Great for staying up to date with the scientific community.
Needs better UI/UX
I love the content, it's great. My problem is with the app, not the quality of the articles. The app is functional, but needs UI improvements and iPhone 6/6 Plus support.
Great magazine, terrible distributor
I've been reading New Scientist for over a decade. Digital distribution through Zinio was bad, the Reed Publications dedicated app is far worse. The app kept forgetting I was a subscriber, renewals shorted my subscription by a few weeks shy of a year repeatedly. My subscription expiration was confused with a gift subscription I gave, The app finbaly refused to allow me to register (the day I renewed), as did the website.
Reed Publications tech support promised to extend my subscription by a few weeks to make up to me the hours of frustration,dozens of hours on hold and numerous conversations having to explain my situation from scratch- instead they set the end date for my subscription a year short. You can't make this stuff up.
It took several days of phone calls to finally iron it out, but the jig is up for this awful company.
A magazine this good doesn't deserve to be distributed by an organization this bad.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 06, 2015
- Version: 1.0.5
- Size: 5.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Eric Lambert
- © Reed Business Information Ltd, England
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- 3 Month Auto-Renewable Subscription$21.99
- 12 Month Auto-Renewable Subscription$84.99
- October 04 2014$1.99
- March 14 2015$1.99
- Collection 06$9.99
- March 21 2015$1.99
- August 30 2014$1.99
- May 17 2014$1.99
- August 02 2014$1.99
- December 13 2014$1.99