By Eric Lambert
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
New Scientist is the world's most-read weekly popular science and technology magazine. Offering the latest science news, ideas and opinions, the New Scientist app allows you to read each weekly issue on your iPad and iPhone. Download the app today and enjoy free sample issues, buy individual issues or buy a subscription.
Keep science at your fingertips with the New Scientist app.
Details on subscription terms and conditions:
- Length: Subscriptions are available for a 3 month term or 1 year term. Delivery is weekly.
- Price: Subscriptions are available for $21.99 USD for 3 months or $84.99 USD for 1 year. The same pricing applies to subscription renewals. Prices are subject to change.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
- Subscriptions via iTunes do not include unlimited access to newscientist.com.
If you already have a subscription, please contact our Customer Service team to include app access as part of your subscription before logging in to the app. The Customer Service team’s details can be found here: http://www.newscientist.com/iosappfaq
Having trouble? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
This version includes major updates to the app interface as well as new features.
Ugh a new UI
The app still has all the great content from new scientist.
The new UI has so many problems I can't list them all off the top of my head. Here are a few examples:
1. The method of deleting old issues is a convoluted and nonsensical series of steps (about as bad as it was before... but new!).
2. Returning to the last issue you were reading is now more difficult and slow.
3. The new menu is the upper-right has its commands centered (!) In the menu instead of left-justified. It looks like someone just slapped it together blindfolded.
4. The display settings are inconveniently hidden away from the articles to ensure that it's impossible to know the effect of changing the font size, etc.
I don't mind updating UIs, especially when it has problems, but please please get a designer to do it rather than some random app developer or the marketing department. This app was clearly not redesigned by a trained UX designer. Ugh.
If you want to skip hiring a designer please go copy a good app directly instead of attempting to make one from scratch.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 12, 2016
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 16.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Eric Lambert
- © Reed Business Information Ltd, England
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 3 Month Auto-Renewable Subscription$21.99
- 12 Month Auto-Renewable Subscription$84.99
- July 16 2016$1.99
- October 04 2014$1.99
- May 17 2014$1.99
- December 13 2014$1.99
- August 30 2014$1.99
- May 03 2014$1.99
- August 02 2014$1.99
- Collection 01$9.99