WEWS News 5 Cleveland delivers relevant local, community and national news, including up-to-the minute weather information, breaking news, and alerts throughout the day.
When you open our app, you’ll know what’s going on right now and what’s important to your local area.
We've improved the experience with an intuitive layout and simplified navigation. News, weather and video are just a tap away.
Our favorite feature is the weather section. Not only do we deliver hourly and daily forecasts, we give you the most updated severe weather information in an instant.
• Breaking news alerts and stories
• Brand new weather section, with hourly and daily forecasts
• Live streaming video
• Fast and easy to use
• We are excited to offer a Premium ad-free experience for purchase within the app for $1.99/month or $10.99/year. The subscription removes all in-app ads, including pre-roll video. Linked content displayed in a web-view is not included. Thanks for supporting local journalism!
• Also included in your Premium subscription: receive notifications for Closings and Delays of multiple favorite organizations.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
We're committed to continually improving our user experience, so please let us know how we're doing by leaving a review in the App Store.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• We fixed a bug that caused Twitter embeds in stories to not load correctly.
• Additional bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
About a week ago this app would shut down when I opened an article. I tried restarting my phone but it still happened. I just deleted the app and will now reinstall it. Hope this fixes the problem.
Only the commercials work!!!
This app is useless. I wanted the weather report re: a winter storm warning and after enduring two commercials which streamed flawlessly, the weather report on the storm wouldn’t stream. This is a repeated problem. So, out of sheer frustration I deleted the app. Channel 5 News is an online joke. When they decide to enter the 21st century for real I might come back because I do like their TV news. But their online app is pure crap and not worth it.
Like to keep up with local news
I am currently out of town, so getting the news from home is easy on this app... The only thing I have missed is a live feed. I assume I just haven't found it yet, but please review it for that ability. Make it easy to find.
- E.W. Scripps Company
- 64.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © The E.W. Scripps Company
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription - Monthly $1.99
- Premium Subscription - Annual $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.