NewsBar RSS reader
By Andras Porffy
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Rock your Desktop with NewsBar - the top selling iCloud newsreader since 2011!
News Reading Crafted to Perfection! NewsBar is built with a fresh concept: news feeds delivered with a smooth animation, right to your desktop with automatic iCloud sync across all macOS and iOS Apple devices. Converts any RSS and Twitter feeds into a realtime live news stream with categories, keyword watching and notification alerts even on the go with NewsBar iOS.
All of your favourite RSS and Twitter feeds continuously appear on the selected side of your display or in a regular window. NewsBar is like having your own, personal news agency. You don't have to waste your time checking webpages: NewsBar will show you what's going on - right now.
No delays, no waiting: stories appear right on your display, just as they are published. You can easily organize, read, follow, mark, filter and search news from your favorite feeds. Stories are read directly from RSS and Twitter sources without delay. NewsBar is probably the fastest RSS reader in the world.
There is no need to register any account or login into any service, news reading with NewsBar is simple, safe and private.
"If you’re looking for something a bit different in your RSS reader, I really recommend giving NewsBar a try, it’s a surprisingly powerful and enjoyable little app." - Mac Appstorm
Important: NewsBar is NOT a Twitter client. It's just an additional feature wich allows to read selected Twitter feeds from sources where RSS not available. Twitter feeds should be added manually.
◦ News without delay
◦ High speed, efficient RSS engine
◦ iCloud sync of feeds, statuses and starred across all Apple devices
◦ Smooth animation on news arrival
◦ Mac desktop integration with adjustable opacity
◦ Add new feeds and feed icons with Drag and Drop
◦ Organize feeds into user defined folders
◦ Single click opens RSS content in a popup window
◦ Double click opens news in your browser
◦ Auto hide read items
◦ Mark & share news
◦ macOS Notification Center support
◦ Star news for later reading
◦ News can be highlighted and filtered by keywords
◦ Keyword detection alerts using audible and visible cues
◦ Customizable interface (colors, fonts, size, gradient, opacity)
◦ Assign custom icon for each feed
◦ Twitter @user and #hashtag news feed reading
◦ Feedly Sync
◦ RSS 2.0, ATOM support
◦ Send news to Pocket
◦ Customizable individual feed settings
◦ Import feed list from Google Reader takeout
◦ OPML export and import
◦ Quick text search in all feeds
◦ Multiple display/desktop and Spaces support
◦ Menubar mode (App icon can be removed from dock)
◦ Very low CPU and memory usage
◦ Different refresh time can be set on Battery power
◦ Runs on all macOS versions from 10.6 and later
• Minimize to Dock
• Quick Text Search
• Add new Feed
• Show only Starred News
• Auto hide read items
• Show only Keyword filtered News
• Open Preferences
What's New in Version 3.8.3
- improved GUI response under macOS Sierra
- better look with adjustable line spacing using different fonts
- OMPL export / import issue fixed
Convenient With Good Service & Updates
I’ve been using this app for years and love it! Very convenient and the developer offers good customer service and keeps the product updated. NewsBar is my desktop UI for RSS feeds and Twitter. It keeps me updated on the technology and business subjects relevent to my work.
A Few Features and it Would be Perfect
It would be really helpful to be able to push read notifications out of the feed.
Great App and Great Support
Had an issue with the app crashing after the upgrade to 3.8.3 on OSX 10.6.8. Contacted the developer, who was very responsive, and the problem was fixed the next day. Great App and Great Support.