NewsBar RSS reader
By Andras Porffy
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Now 40% OFF - Spring Sale until 10th of March 2015!
Rock your Desktop with NewsBar, the fast-updating iCloud Newsreader!
NewsBar is built with a fresh concept: news feeds delivered with a smooth animation, right to your desktop with automatic iCloud sync across all Apple devices. Converts plain old RSS feeds and Twitter into a live news stream with keyword watching and alerts. Good replacement of Google Reader, sync with Feedly and Pocket.
All of your favourite RSS and Twitter feeds continuously appear on the selected side of your display or in a regular window. NewsBar is like having your own, personal news agency. You don't have to waste your time checking webpages: NewsBar will show you what's going on - right now.
No delays, no waiting: stories appear right on your display, just as they are published. You can easily organize, read, follow, mark, filter and search news from your favorite feeds. Stories are read directly from RSS and Twitter sources without delay. NewsBar is the fastest RSS reader in the world.
There is no need to register any account or login into any service, news reading with NewsBar is simple, safe and private.
"If you’re looking for something a bit different in your RSS reader, I really recommend giving NewsBar a try, it’s a surprisingly powerful and enjoyable little app." - Mac Appstorm
Important: NewsBar is NOT a Twitter client, it's just an additional feature wich allows to read selected Twitter feeds from sources where RSS not available. Twitter feeds should be added manually.
◦ News without delay
◦ High speed, efficient RSS engine
◦ iCloud sync of feeds, statuses and starred across all Apple devices
◦ Smooth animation on news arrival
◦ Intuitive user interface
◦ Mac desktop integration with adjustable opacity
◦ Add new feeds and feed icons with Drag and Drop
◦ Organize feeds into user defined folders
◦ Single click opens RSS content in a popup window
◦ Double click opens news in your browser
◦ Auto hide read items
◦ Mark & share news
◦ OS X Notification Center support
◦ Star news for later reading
◦ News can be highlighted and filtered by keywords
◦ Keyword detection alerts using audible and visible cues
◦ Customizable interface (colors, fonts, size, gradient, opacity)
◦ Assign custom icon for each feed
◦ Twitter @user and #hashtag news feed reading
◦ RSS 2.0, ATOM support
◦ Sync with Feedly (optional)
◦ Send Starred news items to Pocket
◦ Customizable individual feed settings
◦ Import feed list from Google Reader takeout
◦ OPML export and import
◦ Quick text search in all feeds
◦ Multiple display/desktop and Spaces support
◦ Menubar mode (App icon can be removed from dock)
◦ Very low CPU and memory usage
◦ Different refresh time on Battery power
◦ Runs on all Mac OS X version from 10.6 and later
• Minimize to Dock
• Quick Text Search
• Add new Feed
• Show only Starred News
• Auto hide read items
• Show only Keyword filtered News
• Open Preferences
What's New in Version 3.7.1
CPU usage issues and Twitter OPML import/export fixed
Way to go Andreas!
This review is for version 3.7.1
I don’t typically review apps other than leaving ratings, but this is exceptional. I have been using NewBar for a few years and this is one of the most important apps that i use on a daily basis. There is way too much news and information out there and NewsBar helps me to manage and consume all that news- in an unintrusive and convenient way. I reached out ot Andras a couple of weeks ago to report a bug (around CPU utilization when using Twitter feeds) and that was quickly fixed in this release. Andras was very professional and timely in his responses. This is the best RSS/news aggregator app for OS X available today (Mar 2015). Give it a try, you won’t regret it!