NewsTap Lite (Usenet Newsreader)
By Alexander Clauss
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NewsTap Lite is a Usenet Newsreader for the iPhone, iPad and the iPod Touch.
"NewsTap Lite" is the free version of the "NewsTap" App. "NewsTap Lite" is a fully functional Usenet Newsreader, but it does not support all features of the "NewsTap" App. The Lite version only supports one server and can only subscribe to two group.
Features of NewsTap Lite:
- Optimized for offline usage. Download and send out articles in one go and then you can read and write articles completely offline.
- Supports binary groups with photos and other files.
- Supports filters to mark articles as read or mark them with a certain color.
- Hyperlinks are automatically detected and can be opened in a web browser.
- Optimized article layout for the small iPhone display. The original article layout is also available.
- A „tree view“ of a whole discussion makes is super easy to follow even large discussions.
- Highly customizable.
- Post new articles or send follow-ups.
- Build-in help.
For more screenshots please look at the developers web site.
Please check out the full version if you want to read more than 2 groups, need newsrc syncing and if you do not want to see iAds.
What's New in Version 5.1
- On the iPad there's a new setting "2-column navigation" available. When enabled the navigation within the threads and articles will no longer use three columns (groups, threads, articles) but instead two (groups, and another where either the thread or the articles are shown). Especially when using the iPad in portrait orientation, this makes sure that the columns won't get too narrow.
- There are a few new filter options available. It is now possible to create a filter that marks all articles written by the user, and there's a new filter type available which marks all replies to the articles of the user (including replies to these replies - which means the whole subthread)
- ROT13 is now also available when writing a new article. This option is available in the "quotes" menu after selecting some text within the article editor window.
- Articles where the line breaks are encoded in the wrong way where not formatted correctly.
- Bugfix: when creating new articles on the iPad using the icon at the left, the articles were never sent.
- Bugfix: navigating across thread boundaries did not always work with certain sort orders.
- Bugfix: automatically deleting read articles while connecting to the server could also close the currently displayed article.
- Bugfix: if a new server was added by importing a newsrc file, the grups list for this server could be loded more than once
- Bugfix: several smaller fixes in the user interface
- Bugfix: better handling of "unusual" server responses
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 15, 2015
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Alexander Clauss
- © 2015 Alexander Clauss
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.