NewsTap (Usenet Newsreader)
By Alexander Clauss
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NewsTap is a powerful Usenet Newsreader for the iPad, iPhone and the iPod Touch.
- Optimized for offline usage, so you can read and write news articles without an internet connection
- It's easy and simple to subscribe, manage and read news groups.
- Filters (also known as "Killfile") can automatically mark articles as read or mark them with a certain color.
- The application fully supports the portrait and landscape mode.
- Support for binary groups (photos and other files). Photos and pictures can be displayed directly. It's possible to add photos into the photo album or open them in other Apps.
- Quotes are displayed in different colors. Colors are also used to distinguish between read and unread articles, filtered articles.
- Hyperlinks are automatically detected and can be opened in a web browser.
- Optimized article layout for the small iPhone display. The original article layout is also available.
- Navigate within the articles from within the thread view or simply by flipping to the next/previous article with your finger.
- A graphical „tree view“ visualizes a complete discussion and makes it super-easy to follow and participate discussions.
- It's possible to hide articles that are already read and to hide quotes.
- Sync the read/unread states of the articles using a „newsrc“ file with other usenet client. The sync can be done via SFTP, WebDAV, Dropbox and iCloud.
- Post new articles or send followups.
- Build-in help, which explains all the application features.
For more screenshots please look at the developers web site.
What's New in Version 5.2.2
- Fixes an issue with the attachments of articles which use a certain Chinese text encodings.
- Supports a lot of old DOS text encodings as well, in order to read articles from old Usenet archives.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 05, 2017
- Version: 5.2.2
- Size: 5.2 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Alexander Clauss
- © 2017 Alexander Clauss
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.