Topps® NHL SKATE™ 2018: Hockey Card Trader is the officially-licensed digital trading card app of the National Hockey League (NHL®), National Hockey League Players' Association (NHLPA), and National Hockey League Alumni Association (NHLAA).
FRESH AND ENGAGING CONTENT
• Retired NHL stars hit digital card sheet: For the first time in Topps NHL SKATE history, we have retired hockey legends appearing in packs and sets.
• New cards every day: Literally, 365 days per year, you can get new digital hockey cards.
• With all 31 NHL® teams, a 310-player base set, and seemingly endless amounts of content, this is the foremost spot for digital hockey collecting in the world. Yes, there are 31 teams now, so don’t forget to collect your Vegas inserts for the first time during their expansion season.
• Dynamic consumer products: New series, artwork, and editions of cards appear multiple times per day in our virtual hobby shop.
REAL-TIME ACTION, REAL-TIME SCORING
• Watch hockey, play Topps NHL Skate: Each of the 310 players in our Series 1 base set is featured on five color parallels scoring in fantasy-based contests at a higher multiplier than the last. Track your favorite players with their Topps cards in real-time, by starting the cards in a digital lineup and watching the points flow.
• Recurring Fantasy Contests: Join a weekly user contest and earn points in order to finish atop the leaderboard and collect your prizes. Check back frequently for new contests, especially around exciting premium hockey events that exist throughout the NHL® season.
JOIN A PASSIONATE COMMUNITY
• Talk, trade, be one with the community: Topps has the best community of hockey card collectors in the world. Chat with app users in the fan feed and propose trades with up to 18 cards.
• Level up and earn experience points: Start “leveling up” today as winning contests, completing sets, and pulling cards from packs, gets you experience points based on our “level scoring system”. You can compete with fellow collectors to have the best experience possible.
*For the best experience, we recommend devices be updated to iOS 11.0.0 or later. *
• Follow @ToppsDigitalOfficial on Instagram
• Join on Facebook: Facebook.com/ToppsNHLSKATE
• Follow @ToppsNHL on Twitter
• Follow Topps Digital on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ToppsDigitalApps
Ratings and Reviews
Fun to start , sad overall
After a year + of playing I am thinking of giving this up. I love hockey I love and breath hockey. However, when I save 500 k of coins waiting for one card or one team card to come out then 95% of the time don’t get it.... it starts to get frustrating. You rarely get cards you want , even if you save up. You can pay to get a better chance but it gets costly fast. Oh there are also diamond only packs (pay only) to get them.
I rather pay initially for this app and get to enjoy it more , or have a 5 dollar a month thing even to make it both affordable, fun, and still supports a company . You will feel like you get something to start form the game then it just stops. No more progression without real money and even then you may not get what you want.
After so much time invested until they allow you to expand your collection with a chance of getting things some more , then I will not be investing in this app anymore ... I am sorry I gave it over a year ...
Need more coins
Not going to lie I absolutely love this app and from the moment I downloaded I have been obsessed with it. But with the new update there isn’t any good offers to complete so it is near impossible to get more coins. Either there needs to be more offers that are able to be completed AND work or implement a rewards system for people that continuously go on the app daily instead of just 10,000 a day maybe more and more each day the user goes on the app. Overall it is a good app there just needs to be an option where users can get more coins.
Possibly the worst app of all-time.
More bugs than you can count! Unimaginative designs that looked rushed to make money quickly instead of being well thought out. Confusing 2 currency system that seems to favor only Topps bank account. To get the best cards you need to spend 100s or even 1000s and even then these cards aren’t worth it for a physical version, and yet these are just digital cards! Support requests often take weeks! Bugs that existed in the beginning still exist but instead of fixing them like everyone asks for, they redesign the look of the app. No rhyme or reason to card releases. They zig when everyone else is zagging, and not in the good way! To sum it all up, it’s just plain awful!
- The Topps Company, Inc.
- 400.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018, The Topps Company, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- SKATE 33 Offer! $9.99
- SKATE 11 Offer! $2.99
- SKATE 3 Offer! $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.