Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** NightCap Pro is also available! It’s NightCap with video recording, iPad support, light booster, noise reduction and ultra long exposure modes. **
NightCap is the original real long exposure camera for iPhone, boosting light by up to 15x for brighter, clearer photos in low light. Since launching over 2 years ago it's been hugely popular even with professional photographers.
It’s a simple one-touch camera that gives dramatically better results - brighter shots, less graininess. It’s finely balanced, easy to use combined with high performance.
Easy one-touch functions:
• Night Mode puts the camera into a special mode, giving the best possible low light performance
• Quick, separate locking of Exposure (EXP), Focus (FOC) and White Balance (WB)
• Zoom control (camera-style for easy, smooth zoom)
NightCap includes a full set of pro tools too:
• Manual exposure
• Optional high quality JPEG or perfect quality TIFF photos
• Live shutter speed and ISO display
• On-screen grid to aid composition
• Adjustable self-timer
• Adjustable automatic burst mode
• Full resolution photo output on all devices
• Long exposure photos in Night Mode (to the maximum your device supports, between 1/3s and 1s)
• Hold Steady for a blur-free shot. Tuck your elbows into your ribs and hold your device in both hands for a steady grip, or rest your device on a solid surface.
• The darker it gets, the slower it goes. To increase brightness, NightCap slows the camera down (especially in Night Mode), giving it more time to absorb more light, but it also slows down focusing and makes it easier to blur the photo by moving the camera.
• No camera works in complete darkness! NightCap needs some light to work its magic.
Tips and support on the web: www.nightcapcamera.com
• Requires iOS 7
• Compatible with iPhone 4 and later
• Zoom requires iPhone 4S or later
What's New in Version 5.0
** NightCap Pro is now available with 50% discount until 30/04/2014 so NightCap customers have a chance to upgrade at a discount. **
It’s NightCap with video recording, iPad support, light booster, noise reduction and ultra long exposure modes.
NightCap Pro is available now on the App Store for iPhone4S and higher and all iPads.
** Important: NightCap requires permission to use the microphone **
It doesn't use the microphone at all and no sound is ever recorded, but because it uses a new camera mode that can be used for video, your iPhone will request access. Without microphone access the app can't connect to the camera. Sorry for any inconvenience - if you have any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New in NightCap:
1. Instant Shutter - photo taking is now instant at all times
2. Night Mode control:
• On: Best in low light. Good with a tripod
• Off: Balanced performance. Good in low light, fast and responsive. OK for hand held use
• High ISO mode is enabled automatically with Night Mode (iPhone5 only, no other devices have this hardware feature)
3. Zoom control (camera-style for easy, smooth zoom)
4. Many more fixes and improvements
Please note: NightCap requires iOS7.
If you like NightCap please help spread the word - leave a review!
Love love love
Current 1-star review:
DO NOT download the update. It REQUIRES that you give the program access to your microphone when it starts. Without the access, the program won't work even for photos. I get that you "need" audio for video - though in many places, that's illegal. But now I can't even use the camera without giving access to my microphone. What a disappointment. To make matters worse, it also mentioned geofencing. I turned that off on my phone but am now concerned that the program overrides my iPhone settings.
If that isn't fixed soon, I'll be deleting the app and most certainly not paying to upgrade. I don't need other things draining my battery and spying on me.
Original 4-star review:
I love this app. It takes amazing pics in the dark. The only thing that's a little challenging is time - having to hit several buttons to "lock" the focus and light before taking a pic and also just the load time. But I put up with it because the pics are so much better than the standard camera!!
Great App, but disappointed that the maximum exposure time on the 5S is only ½ second
Although this app (and other apps that take time exposure pics) can take 1 second exposures with many iPhones, it can NOT take a 1 second exposure with Apple’s flagship iPhone 5S. On the 5S the maximum exposure time is only ½ second. This 50% loss of exposure time forces the app to ramp up the ASA and creates more graininess. This is not the developer’s fault. I hope Apple loosens its grip on the API for this functionality and lets the developer increase the exposure time on the 5S to a full one-second.
Better than expected
It really does take impressive pictures at night.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 16, 2014
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 2.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Chris Wood
- © 2014 Interealtime
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.