NOOK - Read Books, Magazines, Newspapers & Comics
By Barnes & Noble
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the FREE NOOK Reading App for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch to start enjoying Barnes & Noble’s award-winning eBook discovery and digital reading experience. Access our vast online library of over 4 million eBooks, graphic novels, comics, and magazines; plus, enjoy recommendations just for you curated by our expert booksellers. Customize your experience with multiple font and page styles and powerful organization and social sharing tools.
Put down your reading and pick up where you left off—even as you jump from one screen to another.
Barnes & Noble at Your Fingertips
• Browse Bookstore for the latest new releases, bestsellers, and expert recommendations just for you! The more you use NOOK, the better our suggestions.
• Purchases completed on Barnes & Noble’s website will automatically appear on your device.
• Over 1 million FREE titles! Try a new author or start a new series risk-free. Download free eBooks directly from Bookstore.
• Download free book samples and add favorites to your Wishlist.
• Try any newspaper or magazine free for 14 days.*
Rich, Customizable Reading
• Adjustable font styles, line spacing, margins, page animations, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Use our Day, Night, and Evening themes or create your own background and text color combinations.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Organize your Library with custom stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files.
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Additional language support for British English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
Create Your Own Quote Cards
• Found an inspiring or beautiful sentence in your book? Highlight and tap on ‘Share’ to launch the quote editor and create a custom Quote Card.
• Choose your favorite background and share with friends on social networks, email, and text message.
Discovery Delivered Daily
• Visit B&N Readouts for daily streams of free book excerpts, magazine articles, and all kinds of bookish news—including reviews from our community. Share on social, email, and other apps.
• Join the thousands of NOOK readers on Serial Reads, Barnes & Noble’s latest free reading program. Enjoy a book every month, delivered FREE in daily chapters directly to your device. Titles are hand-picked by B&N editors across genres.
• Enjoy our Free Fridays eBook selection every week.
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
What's New in Version 4.7.0
• Introducing Bookstore: Browse new releases, bestsellers, and so much more. Explore recommendations just for you.
• Wishlist your favorites. View your NOOK Wishlists on Barnes & Noble’s website.
• Create custom Quote Cards from your favorite highlights. Choose your background and share with friends on social media, email, and text message.
• View editorial and customer reviews from Product Detail Pages.
• Optimization for iOS 10 compatibility.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Of course I love the ease of reading on a tablet of some sort plus, being able to pick which author I want to read without having to lug around my books (which I love to have at home, too).
One of the major issues of this app, is distinguishing the names of books. The entire name is not shown with/under the book cover, and the cover is too tiny to read any long names.
E.g., I'm reading a series and have to double check which book I'm on by a laborious process of going to the table of contents, count down to whatever book I'm reading to find the next in line, then go out to Barnes and Noble website, not inside Nook, to find which book I want to read next in the series.
I then have to look at the cover to then go back to purchase it by recognizing the cover, then buy on B&N or in Nook.
I've learned not to buy the whole series because if it is in My Library, the name is truncated and if I don't know what the cover looks like (I'm on a 14 book series right now and would be unable to remember), and I have to go through the whole process again.
My suggestion, if room on the screen is the issue, since you can't read the tiny print of the name of the book cover anyway, make the cover smaller, then write the entire name of the book on the screen, in both Library and My Library.
Great reading app. Started with nook when it first came out and tried the kindle later. I like the interaction capability (notes, shelving, etc.) with the nook the best. I'm using it with my iPad mini and my samsung note phone and still use my nook HD. There are problems using it with my iPad. I have no such problems with my Microsoft nor Samsung products. Evidently I can't purchase from B&N when on an Apple product. But that is more of an apple issue.
Why add a feature called bookstore if you can't use it to buy books? I'm a browser when it comes to buying books. I don't always know what book I want when I shop. I was so glad to hear they added a bookstore feature but was pretty upset to find you couldn't actually buy a book with it. The website is also terrible for browsing. I used nook because I wanted to support a bookstore that actually still had stores but have been so frustrated with their terrible app and there terrible tablets I think I am done with nook.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Nov 21, 2016
- Version: 4.7.0
- Size: 76.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- Copyright © 2010-2016 barnesandnoble.com llc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.