By Barnes & Noble
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the most incredible reading experience for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch®. Access over 3 million books—including 1 million FREE titles—plus magazines, newspapers, comics, and more. Sample NOOK books FREE and try any newspaper or magazine FREE for 14 days.*
Shop the NOOK Store and find titles tailored to your interests with ultra-personalized recommendations we know you'll love. Then, enjoy an amazing, highly optimized reading experience with your NOOK app™ wherever you go. Start reading on one device and continue on another.
NOOK Everywhere - the top-rated app for readers.
“One of the best reading apps” – Gizmodo
• Massive selection of over 3 million books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and kids books - most $9.99 or less.
• Sample NOOK books FREE. Explore the best of fiction, sci-fi, mystery, romance and more.
• Choose from over 1,000 magazines and newspapers. Try any title FREE for 14 days.
• Adjustable font sizes and styles, line spacing, margins, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Select Night Mode for easier bedtime reading.
• Syncs your last page, bookmarks, and notes so you can pick up where you left off.
• Read NOOK Books™ on your NOOK® HD, NOOK® HD+, NOOK Tablet™, NOOK Color™, NOOK Simple Touch™, NOOK Simple Touch™ with GlowLight™, PC, Mac, Android-based devices and Windows 8-based devices.
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Customize background and text colors. Use themes or create your own.
• Read in portrait or landscape mode.
• Easily transfer EPUB and PDF files.
• Language support for British English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
• Shop for books, magazines & newspapers and manage your account by visiting the NOOK Store.
BESTSELLING BOOKS INCLUDE:
• Romance: The Search, Dream Eyes, The Duke is Mine, Rainshadow Road, Lover At Last
• Fiction: Private Berlin, Safe Haven, Gone Girl, The Racketeer, The Forgotten
• Mystery: Blindsighted, Kisscut, Notorious Nineteen, A Faint Cold Fear, To Have and To Kill
• Books for Teens: Beautiful Creatures, Reached, Divergent #1, The Fault in Our Stars, The Maze Runner
• Books for Young Readers: Beautiful Creatures series: Beautiful Darkness, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7 – The Third Wheel, Heroes of Olympus series, #3 – The Mark of Athena, I Funny: A Middle School Story, The Lightning Thief
• Science-Fiction & Fantasy: The Hobbit, Ever After, A Game of Thrones, Chosen, A Memory of Light
BESTSELLING AUTHORS INCLUDE:
• James Patterson
• Gillian Flynn
• Janet Evanovich
• Nicholas Sparks
• Nora Roberts
BESTSELLING MAGAZINES INCLUDE:
• OK! Magazine, Star
• Us Weekly
• National Geographic
• Food Network Magazine
• Weight Watchers Magazine
BESTSELLING NEWSPAPERS INCLUDE:
• USA Today
• The Washington Post
• The Onion
• New York Daily News
• Los Angeles Times
BESTSELLING NOOK COMICS INCLUDE:
• DC: Batman, Superman, Sandman, Watchmen
• Image: The Walking Dead, Chew, Invincible
• Marvel: Invincible Iron Man, World War Hulk, Astonishing X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man
• Dark Horse Comics: Hellboy, B.P.R.D., Conan, Frank Miller’s Sin City, Star Wars
• Archie Comics: Life With Archie, Betty & Veronica, Kevin Keller
• Dynamite Entertainment: Vampirella, Dean Koontz’s Frankenstein, Green Hornet
• IDW: Locke & Key, The Rocketeer, G.I. Joe, Doctor Who
• Top Shelf: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Owly
• VIZ Media: Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece
• Yen Press: Twilight, Maximum Ride, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Selection shown above for U.S. users only; selection and price of e-books and e-periodicals may vary by country
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
What's New in Version 3.4.5
Get 4 FREE magazines and a sneak peek at 4 upcoming books when you install the NOOK app and register with a new NOOK account. These pre-selected titles will automatically appear in your library when you sign in for the first time. †
† Selected promotional content available for a limited time only to new U.S. NOOK customers only. Promotion subject to change and may be modified or ended at any time. No cash value.
• Fixed crash while reading after resuming app
• Fixed white line issue on iOS 5 & 6 devices
• Additional bug fixes
Just a bit of advice!
I originally had the Nook. What I miss that this doesn't have is Bookshelves! ANYONE who reads books, reads series. With this app we have no way of seeing our series properly, quickly, & IN CORRECT READING ORDER! To do that I have to go to another app or go on the web.
THIS HAS TO BE FIXED!! IT'S EMBARRASSING!
Also please fix the problems I & everyone else suffer from....if u do that & add the Bookshelves you'll have a proper functioning app.
-Force close of books.
-Having to repeatedly sync.
-Promoting to a page older than the current one your on.
-Not cataloging all the books in the series.
-Having to download repeatedly.
Your not spending enough time w/your apps for nook, & if you don't START spending more time on them & putting more man power, money into fixing the problems, your going to lose A LOT MORE money from people being sick & tired of these issues & leaving.
TRANSLATION: NO LONGER BUYING TONS OF E-BOOKS!! GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!
(Just a bit of advice. Business person to business person.)
Great. Always room for improvement
I read all my books on the nook app for ipad. I rarely use my nook itself anymore. One feature on the nook I would love to have transferred over is setting up your own bookshelves.
I really appreciate the update with organizing books into series groupings. Often though the first book is left off of the grouping - maybe the author/ publisher didn't connect so the nook app doesn't know to link them. It would be great if there was a way for users to link or group books themselves.
I own three B&N devices. As they get older I am having issues with them such as freezing and poor charging. I read where B&N is selling the devices to a third party and keeping the name on them. I think that will lead to more B&N members switching to apps for accessing their B&N accounts. The apps operate differently but make reading the ebooks enjoyable whether the books come from B&N or libraries.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jan 29, 2014
- Version: 3.4.5
- Size: 25.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- © 2010-13 barnesandnoble.com llc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.