NOOK - Read Books, Magazines, Newspapers & Comics
By Barnes & Noble
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOOK free book reading app for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch! This free reader app has a library of over 4 million free best-selling eBooks, magazines, comics, and kids’ books in every genre including fiction, romance, business, sci-fi, mystery, and more - including 1 million FREE titles. . Sample NOOK books FREE and try any newspaper or magazine FREE for 14 days.*
Shop the NOOK Store and find titles tailored to your interests with ultra-personalized recommendations we know you'll love. Then, enjoy an amazing, highly optimized reading experience with your NOOK app™ wherever you go. Start reading on one device and continue on another.
NOOK - the top-rated app for readers
“One of the best reading apps” – Gizmodo
• Massive selection of over 4 million books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and kids books - most $9.99 or less.
• Adjustable font sizes and styles, line spacing, margins, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Select Night Mode for easier bedtime reading.
• Syncs your last page, bookmarks, and notes so you can pick up where you left off.
• Read NOOK Books™ on your NOOK® HD, NOOK® HD+, NOOK Tablet™, NOOK Color™, NOOK Simple Touch™, NOOK Simple Touch™ with GlowLight™, PC, Mac, Android-based devices and Windows 8-based devices.
• Explore the App: Test drive the app even before you sign in, includes three free books and three free magazine issues
• My Shelves: Organize your library as you wish by creating stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files
• Sample Search: Search our eBook catalog and read free samples.
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Customize background and text colors. Use themes or create your own.
• Read in portrait or landscape mode.
• Easily transfer EPUB and PDF files.
• Language support for British English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
• Shop for books, magazines & newspapers and manage your account by visiting the NOOK Store.
BESTSELLING BOOKS INCLUDE:
• Romance: Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey, Earth Bound, The Liar, A New Hope, Ever After
• Fiction: Go Set a Watchman, Truth or Die, The Rumor, In the Unlikely Event, Country, Gone Girl
• Mystery: Nemesis (FBI Series #19), 14th Deadly Sin, Dark Places, Wicked Charms, The Girl on the Train
• Books for Teens: Paper Towns, Divergent, Maze Runner, The Heir, Red Queen, Cinder
• Books for Young Readers: Wimpy Kid, Magnus Chase, Wings of Fire, Charlotte’s Web, Frozen, Magic Tree House
• Science-Fiction & Fantasy: The Martian, Queen of Fire, Armada, A Game of Thrones
BESTSELLING AUTHORS INCLUDE:
• James Patterson
• Gillian Flynn
• Janet Evanovich
• Harper Lee
• Kiera Cass
• Rick Riordan
• Nora Roberts
• Stephen King
BESTSELLING MAGAZINES INCLUDE:
• OK! Magazine, Star
• Us Weekly
• National Geographic
• Food Network Magazine
• Weight Watchers Magazine
BESTSELLING NEWSPAPERS INCLUDE:
• USA Today
• The Washington Post
• The Onion
• New York Daily News
• Los Angeles Times
• 200+ college newspapers
BESTSELLING NOOK COMICS INCLUDE:
• DC: Batman, Superman, Sandman, Watchmen
• Image: The Walking Dead, Chew, Invincible
• Marvel: Invincible Iron Man, World War Hulk, Astonishing X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man
• Dark Horse Comics: Hellboy, B.P.R.D., Conan, Frank Miller’s Sin City, Star Wars
• Archie Comics: Life With Archie, Betty & Veronica, Kevin Keller
• Dynamite Entertainment: Vampirella, Dean Koontz’s Frankenstein, Green Hornet
• IDW: Locke & Key, The Rocketeer, G.I. Joe, Doctor Who
• VIZ Media: Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece
• Yen Press: Twilight, Maximum Ride, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Selection shown above for U.S. users only; selection and price of content may vary by country
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
What's New in Version 4.1.0
• Create adult and child profiles so family members can each have their own customized library view and each book remembers the place where that family member last stopped reading
• Select a title and add it to any of your custom shelves using the “Assign to Shelves” menu item on the product details page
• Product details page displays more information including publisher, published date, file size and available storage
• Menu enhanced with new icons and a new messages item
• Open your Current Read from the navigation menu
• Overflow menu in the book reader simplifies the tool bar
• Access the iOS NOOK Settings in the settings menu to change auto-stacking, screenshot feedback, notification settings and more
• 64-bit support
• Bug fixes
Oranization and purchasing
I have love being able to get my books on any device and read them. The two issues i have with nook currently are:
1) I would love to be able to organize my books. I see that it will place some books of a given series in a grouping and then have a few of the books float on their own, not recognizing that they are apart of that series as well. I wish I could just click and drag and create my own groupings with titles. Maybe having a search feature that could pull up by name and be able to just click and open would be nice as well.
2) I would love to be able to have the power to purchase within the nook app itself. Not a separate app but all in one. Maybe having it customized to show a given genre with suggestions related to recent purchases or update on a new book to preorder for a series already in my nook. That would be nice. A wish list is a must with the feature. Oh a great idea! Being able to send and share the wish list with friends and family for gift ideas,either in email, fb, or printed form.
If these suggestion where to be added I would be a most satisfied customer. Thank you if you took the time to read my suggestions.
Nook/Barnes & Noble stealing magazine subscriptions back!
I've purchased over 450 books on my nook, I read a hell of a lot. But what I buy is mine. I would assume I own my purchases. I always enjoy looking back at old issues of National Geographic. I have paper issues as old as me, 64 years. B & N try to limit my library of Nat Geo to 12 issues. Anything older is moved off my nook to archives. Anytime I open my Nat Geo I have to re-download issues going back to 2011. If I need more room on my nook I will choose what I will archive. I've cancelled all but 2 subscriptions because of this issue. If I buy it & load it to my device don't let me catch you sneaking into my home and stealing what I've paid for! This is why I no longer use the nook device. I'd rather buy direct from iTunes and hope they can keep B & N from stealing my material. Thanks, Apple, for building an ap for the nook that's better to use than the Nook itself! Thomas Wasyluka
Really good app
I love my nook! I love this app that allows me to read on the fly with my phone. BUT. It would be nice if you could just do a search for the books you have downloaded and not have to go through your whole library (currently about 1000 books)! Please this would be nice to sort the books just by the ones you downloaded to that device. And like another reviewer commented that with this being a booksellers app you would think this feature would be a no brainer! Also like another reviewer commented that BN likes to archive books and magazines without you knowing. Would be nice if they left that up to US to determine when I want to archive.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jul 29, 2015
- Version: 4.1.0
- Size: 47.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- Copyright © 2010-2015 barnesandnoble.com llc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.