NOOK - Read Books, Magazines, Newspapers & Comics
By Barnes & Noble
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the most incredible reading experience for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch®. Access over 3 million books—including 1 million FREE titles—plus magazines, newspapers, comics, and more. Sample NOOK books FREE and try any newspaper or magazine FREE for 14 days.*
Shop the NOOK Store and find titles tailored to your interests with ultra-personalized recommendations we know you'll love. Then, enjoy an amazing, highly optimized reading experience with your NOOK app™ wherever you go. Start reading on one device and continue on another.
NOOK - the top-rated app for readers.
“One of the best reading apps” – Gizmodo
• Massive selection of over 3 million books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and kids books - most $9.99 or less.
• Adjustable font sizes and styles, line spacing, margins, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Select Night Mode for easier bedtime reading.
• Syncs your last page, bookmarks, and notes so you can pick up where you left off.
• Read NOOK Books™ on your NOOK® HD, NOOK® HD+, NOOK Tablet™, NOOK Color™, NOOK Simple Touch™, NOOK Simple Touch™ with GlowLight™, PC, Mac, Android-based devices and Windows 8-based devices.
• Explore the App: Test drive the app even before you sign in, includes three free books and three free magazine issues
• My Shelves: Organize your library as you wish by creating stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files
• Sample Search: Search our eBook catalog and read free samples.
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Customize background and text colors. Use themes or create your own.
• Read in portrait or landscape mode.
• Easily transfer EPUB and PDF files.
• Language support for British English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
• Shop for books, magazines & newspapers and manage your account by visiting the NOOK Store.
BESTSELLING BOOKS INCLUDE:
• Romance: Fifty Shades of Grey, The Liar, Captivated by You, Hitched
• Fiction: Private Berlin, Safe Haven, Gone Girl, The Racketeer, The Forgotten
• Mystery: The Girl on the Train, Blindsighted, Kisscut, Notorious Nineteen
• Books for Teens: Beautiful Creatures, Reached, Divergent #1, The Fault in Our Stars, The Maze Runner, Insurgent #1
• Books for Young Readers: Beautiful Creatures series: Beautiful Darkness, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7 – The Third Wheel, Heroes of Olympus series, #3 – The Mark of Athena, I Funny: A Middle School Story
• Science-Fiction & Fantasy: The Hobbit, Ever After, A Game of Thrones, Chosen, A Memory of Light
BESTSELLING AUTHORS INCLUDE:
• James Patterson
• Gillian Flynn
• Janet Evanovich
• Nicholas Sparks
• Nora Roberts
• Stephen King
BESTSELLING MAGAZINES INCLUDE:
• OK! Magazine, Star
• Us Weekly
• National Geographic
• Food Network Magazine
• Weight Watchers Magazine
BESTSELLING NEWSPAPERS INCLUDE:
• USA Today
• The Washington Post
• The Onion
• New York Daily News
• Los Angeles Times
• 200+ college newspapers
BESTSELLING NOOK COMICS INCLUDE:
• DC: Batman, Superman, Sandman, Watchmen
• Image: The Walking Dead, Chew, Invincible
• Marvel: Invincible Iron Man, World War Hulk, Astonishing X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man
• Dark Horse Comics: Hellboy, B.P.R.D., Conan, Frank Miller’s Sin City, Star Wars
• Archie Comics: Life With Archie, Betty & Veronica, Kevin Keller
• Dynamite Entertainment: Vampirella, Dean Koontz’s Frankenstein, Green Hornet
• IDW: Locke & Key, The Rocketeer, G.I. Joe, Doctor Who
• Top Shelf: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Owly
• VIZ Media: Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece
• Yen Press: Twilight, Maximum Ride, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Selection shown above for U.S. users only; selection and price of content may vary by country
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
What's New in Version 4.0.1
• Product details for samples can be viewed by tapping the cover image in search results
• Renamed "My Stacks" to "My Shelves" to make it more clear you can create shelves
• Improvements to My Shelves
• Updates to series stacks: Defaults on for library and off for My Shelves. Ability to change the defaults in the iOS Settings screen
• Usability improvements throughout the app
• Many bug fixes to improve stability and reliability
Great Interaction with Your Library
I really love how the App has been improved throughout the last three years. I came from using a Nook Color to the iPad and with the Nook, there was a lot of interactions (obviously because it was created by Barnes & Nobles for the use with their eBooks), but this App has come a long way since then to match the features. The ability to create shelves, the pairing together books that are within the same series, once you have purchased them.
I would say that to complete my wish list, I would love for the App to tell you when there is another book or books attached to the book you are viewing under a books "Information" and also allow you to purchase it from the App. Also would love for the App to give you under a different section, a list of other books by that author and a list of books from other authors that are similar to the type of book the one you are viewing under "Information" is.
Otherwise, I give thanks to the developers for how far they brought this App and I can't wait for what they do with it in the future.
To sync your library seamlessly across multiple devices here's a tip. When finished reading exit to the my library page and pull down on the screen to sync the library. This will add your notes and highlights and last page to every device as long as they are also connected to the Internet. Takes maybe 3 extra seconds but works flawlessly.
I would like better options for changing the text and page color. It's a great function but difficult to pick exactly the colors you want. Along with this, maybe have a selection for page texture. It's too blank currently. iBooks seems to have a page grain like real paper which makes it more pleasurable to read
Please, fix tapping.
Great app but since last update one cannot highlight text or get the definition of a word without tapping on the text a dozen times before it responds.
This is very frustrating for readers who first language it's not English and need to check the definition of some words constantly.
Any way you can add the "Oxford dictionary" to the dictionary list? Students of English would be grateful if they can access a dictionary with the international phonetic system instead of the awkward system used in the current dictionary on this app. ( iBooks does offer this option).
Please continue the good work and become the best app in the market.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Mar 24, 2015
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 30.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- Copyright © 2010-2015 barnesandnoble.com llc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.