By Barnes & Noble
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the most incredible reading experience for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch®. Access over 3 million books—including 1 million FREE titles—plus magazines, newspapers, comics, and more. Sample NOOK books FREE and try any newspaper or magazine FREE for 14 days.*
Shop the NOOK Store and find titles tailored to your interests with ultra-personalized recommendations we know you'll love. Then, enjoy an amazing, highly optimized reading experience with your NOOK app™ wherever you go. Start reading on one device and continue on another.
NOOK - the top-rated app for readers.
“One of the best reading apps” – Gizmodo
• Massive selection of over 3 million books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and kids books - most $9.99 or less.
• Adjustable font sizes and styles, line spacing, margins, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Select Night Mode for easier bedtime reading.
• Syncs your last page, bookmarks, and notes so you can pick up where you left off.
• Read NOOK Books™ on your NOOK® HD, NOOK® HD+, NOOK Tablet™, NOOK Color™, NOOK Simple Touch™, NOOK Simple Touch™ with GlowLight™, PC, Mac, Android-based devices and Windows 8-based devices.
• Explore the App: Test drive the app even before you sign in, includes three free books and three free magazine issues
• My Stacks: Organize your library as you wish by creating stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files
• Sample Search: Search our eBook catalog and read free samples
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Customize background and text colors. Use themes or create your own.
• Read in portrait or landscape mode.
• Easily transfer EPUB and PDF files.
• Language support for British English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
• Shop for books, magazines & newspapers and manage your account by visiting the NOOK Store.
BESTSELLING BOOKS INCLUDE:
• Romance: The Search, Dream Eyes, The Duke is Mine, Rainshadow Road, Lover At Last
• Fiction: Private Berlin, Safe Haven, Gone Girl, The Racketeer, The Forgotten
• Mystery: Blindsighted, Kisscut, Notorious Nineteen, A Faint Cold Fear, To Have and To Kill
• Books for Teens: Beautiful Creatures, Reached, Divergent #1, The Fault in Our Stars, The Maze Runner
• Books for Young Readers: Beautiful Creatures series: Beautiful Darkness, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7 – The Third Wheel, Heroes of Olympus series, #3 – The Mark of Athena, I Funny: A Middle School Story
• Science-Fiction & Fantasy: The Hobbit, Ever After, A Game of Thrones, Chosen, A Memory of Light
BESTSELLING AUTHORS INCLUDE:
• James Patterson
• Gillian Flynn
• Janet Evanovich
• Nicholas Sparks
• Nora Roberts
BESTSELLING MAGAZINES INCLUDE:
• OK! Magazine, Star
• Us Weekly
• National Geographic
• Food Network Magazine
• Weight Watchers Magazine
BESTSELLING NEWSPAPERS INCLUDE:
• USA Today
• The Washington Post
• The Onion
• New York Daily News
• Los Angeles Times
BESTSELLING NOOK COMICS INCLUDE:
• DC: Batman, Superman, Sandman, Watchmen
• Image: The Walking Dead, Chew, Invincible
• Marvel: Invincible Iron Man, World War Hulk, Astonishing X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man
• Dark Horse Comics: Hellboy, B.P.R.D., Conan, Frank Miller’s Sin City, Star Wars
• Archie Comics: Life With Archie, Betty & Veronica, Kevin Keller
• Dynamite Entertainment: Vampirella, Dean Koontz’s Frankenstein, Green Hornet
• IDW: Locke & Key, The Rocketeer, G.I. Joe, Doctor Who
• Top Shelf: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Owly
• VIZ Media: Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece
• Yen Press: Twilight, Maximum Ride, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Selection shown above for U.S. users only; selection and price of e-books and e-periodicals may vary by country
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
What's New in Version 4.0.0
- Added support for iOS 8, iPhone 6 and 6+, iPad mini 3 and iPad Air 2: Use Apple's latest and greatest
- Explore the App: Test drive the app before you sign in, includes three free books and three free magazine issues
- My Stacks: Organize your library as you wish by creating stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files
- Sample Search: Search our eBook catalog and read free samples
- Enhanced library UI and faster performance
- Full screen magazines and PDF
- Refresh: Pull down to synchronize your library
- Notifications: Get informed when new books and magazines arrive
- Shake to send feedback: Shake your device from any screen to automatically take a screenshot and open a feedback form
- Log out on launch: iOS setting that enables you to start the app fresh without uninstalling
- Bug fixes
Not for iPhone 4
I used two versions of the book reader before transferring to my iPhone4 and have regretted the move. The books, lighting, text size and color are still great. But. On this device, IMHO, the nook app needs major reworking: the screen rotate lock also locks the nook page turning, so I can't read while laying down without my head crinkled to follow horizontal text. Also, if I go afk and come back, nook auto rotates the text between twice and four times trying to find the prior configuration that often hasn't changed. Finally, getting new books actually onto this device requires me to shop, on a separate device, online, add a title to my wish list, re-logging in, paying with card, adding to 'my device' from that other device, returning to the iPhone, convincing the app to look on the internet library instead of the internal storage, downloading the book and finally resetting that individual books' reading format. I know that was a long read, and it is. It's probably just my experience, but I haven't bought a second new nook book since going to the iPhone. So be wary and give us more Ender.
Keeps getting better but...
I've been a Nook app user for a long time as well used an actual Nook. All-in-all I've been happy with the app and Nook and that's why I gave 4 stars. I deducted 1 star because I wish I could control my experience a bit more with folders or categories that I can set. I like that books can group together finally but not all of them do. For example you have 10 books in a collection and for some reason 2 of them show up separately. ??? Must be some type of flaw. And you can't drag them into the collection. Why not? If I want them there, I should be able to make it happen. In the past I could easily reorganize my collection by dragging the books and move them around, I haven't figured out how to do it yet on this update. I believe I'm being pretty fair by not deducting another star for still no in App purchasing capabilities. What's up with that? Seems a tad outdated when I can do that from iBooks. Keep it up Nook and B&N, I have faith you'll get there. I'm still a big fan. :)
Long Time Nook Lover!!
I've had and loved the Nook since its first edition and have continuously upgraded till I finally had the Nook Tablet. However when I finally purchased apple products (first the iPod touch 4th gen. then the iPhone 5) I couldn't not download the Nook app so I could carry all my book with me without having to carry extra devices and charger cords for them. This app is perfect. I finally had to upgrade to 128GB iPhone 6+ so I could download all my books an have them at hand whenever I want with out running out of space on my phone. I LOVE this app! It's awesome. It keeps track of your bookmarks, it lets you lookup words in the middle of reading should you need to and it groups your books by series so their easy to find and its really just a great app. No complaints abt it. If you have a Nook, this app is a must for you to have easy access to your books on your mobile device.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Dec 16, 2014
- Version: 4.0.0
- Size: 30.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- Copyright © 2010-2015 barnesandnoble.com llc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.