By Barnes & Noble
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the most incredible reading experience for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch®. Access over 3 million books—including 1 million FREE titles—plus magazines, newspapers, comics, and more. Sample NOOK books FREE and try any newspaper or magazine FREE for 14 days.*
Shop the NOOK Store and find titles tailored to your interests with ultra-personalized recommendations we know you'll love. Then, enjoy an amazing, highly optimized reading experience with your NOOK app™ wherever you go. Start reading on one device and continue on another.
NOOK Everywhere - the top-rated app for readers.
“One of the best reading apps” – Gizmodo
• Massive selection of over 3 million books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and kids books - most $9.99 or less.
• Sample NOOK books FREE. Explore the best of fiction, sci-fi, mystery, romance and more.
• Choose from over 1,000 magazines and newspapers. Try any title FREE for 14 days.
• Adjustable font sizes and styles, line spacing, margins, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Select Night Mode for easier bedtime reading.
• Syncs your last page, bookmarks, and notes so you can pick up where you left off.
• Read NOOK Books™ on your NOOK® HD, NOOK® HD+, NOOK Tablet™, NOOK Color™, NOOK Simple Touch™, NOOK Simple Touch™ with GlowLight™, PC, Mac, Android-based devices and Windows 8-based devices.
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Customize background and text colors. Use themes or create your own.
• Read in portrait or landscape mode.
• Easily transfer EPUB and PDF files.
• Language support for British English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
• Shop for books, magazines & newspapers and manage your account by visiting the NOOK Store.
BESTSELLING BOOKS INCLUDE:
• Romance: The Search, Dream Eyes, The Duke is Mine, Rainshadow Road, Lover At Last
• Fiction: Private Berlin, Safe Haven, Gone Girl, The Racketeer, The Forgotten
• Mystery: Blindsighted, Kisscut, Notorious Nineteen, A Faint Cold Fear, To Have and To Kill
• Books for Teens: Beautiful Creatures, Reached, Divergent #1, The Fault in Our Stars, The Maze Runner
• Books for Young Readers: Beautiful Creatures series: Beautiful Darkness, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7 – The Third Wheel, Heroes of Olympus series, #3 – The Mark of Athena, I Funny: A Middle School Story, The Lightning Thief
• Science-Fiction & Fantasy: The Hobbit, Ever After, A Game of Thrones, Chosen, A Memory of Light
BESTSELLING AUTHORS INCLUDE:
• James Patterson
• Gillian Flynn
• Janet Evanovich
• Nicholas Sparks
• Nora Roberts
BESTSELLING MAGAZINES INCLUDE:
• OK! Magazine, Star
• Us Weekly
• National Geographic
• Food Network Magazine
• Weight Watchers Magazine
BESTSELLING NEWSPAPERS INCLUDE:
• USA Today
• The Washington Post
• The Onion
• New York Daily News
• Los Angeles Times
BESTSELLING NOOK COMICS INCLUDE:
• DC: Batman, Superman, Sandman, Watchmen
• Image: The Walking Dead, Chew, Invincible
• Marvel: Invincible Iron Man, World War Hulk, Astonishing X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man
• Dark Horse Comics: Hellboy, B.P.R.D., Conan, Frank Miller’s Sin City, Star Wars
• Archie Comics: Life With Archie, Betty & Veronica, Kevin Keller
• Dynamite Entertainment: Vampirella, Dean Koontz’s Frankenstein, Green Hornet
• IDW: Locke & Key, The Rocketeer, G.I. Joe, Doctor Who
• Top Shelf: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Owly
• VIZ Media: Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece
• Yen Press: Twilight, Maximum Ride, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Selection shown above for U.S. users only; selection and price of e-books and e-periodicals may vary by country
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
What's New in Version 3.4.5
Get 4 FREE magazines and a sneak peek at 4 upcoming books when you install the NOOK app and register with a new NOOK account. These pre-selected titles will automatically appear in your library when you sign in for the first time. †
† Selected promotional content available for a limited time only to new U.S. NOOK customers only. Promotion subject to change and may be modified or ended at any time. No cash value.
• Fixed crash while reading after resuming app
• Fixed white line issue on iOS 5 & 6 devices
• Additional bug fixes
Hooked on the Nook
Being a lifelong bookworm I loved the feel of "real" hard copy books in my hand. I swore that I would buy only "real" books - ever. Was I wrong ! When I realized that "real" books were starting to take over the house - I gingerly stepped into the electronic new age via Nook. Now I'm hooked ! What an amazing reading experience ! The buys and downloads are fast, the font sizes selection and color background choices are good - except for the deletion of sepia. Please bring sepia back. Ability to access additional info when key words are highlighted, the ability to highlight key words and passages plus make notes - features that work flawlessly. All in all, a seamless reading experience. Now 99% of my books are read via Nook, either on my iPad or Nook Glow Light. The remaining 1% hard copy are the few books that would have some lasting value for me, or books intended for gifts. Now I can read anywhere, having an inexhaustible library at hand. And (big plus ! ) I can read late into the night without using the bedside light that so annoyed my spouse (: and my arm doesn't get heavy trying to hold up a book while reclining ! What's not to love ? !
Just a bit of advice!
I originally had the Nook. What I miss that this doesn't have is Bookshelves! ANYONE who reads books, reads series. With this app we have no way of seeing our series properly, quickly, & IN CORRECT READING ORDER! To do that I have to go to another app or go on the web.
THIS HAS TO BE FIXED!! IT'S EMBARRASSING!
Also please fix the problems I & everyone else suffer from....if u do that & add the Bookshelves you'll have a proper functioning app.
-Force close of books.
-Having to repeatedly sync.
-Promoting to a page older than the current one your on.
-Not cataloging all the books in the series.
-Having to download repeatedly.
Your not spending enough time w/your apps for nook, & if you don't START spending more time on them & putting more man power, money into fixing the problems, your going to lose A LOT MORE money from people being sick & tired of these issues & leaving.
TRANSLATION: NO LONGER BUYING TONS OF E-BOOKS!! GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!
(Just a bit of advice. Business person to business person.)
My nook experience
Nook is fantastic, the color, the many apps, you can switch from magazines to. Books to movies to music to internet browsing, the possibilities are endless and I have not used them all yet. Mainly I read and watch movies. I have 2 complaints: it has crashed several times and many times when you gat a book sample and later buy the book, it continues showing just the sample for some time until finally it updates itself to the whole book.
All things considered I love my nook and will continue enjoying it 100%
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jan 29, 2014
- Version: 3.4.5
- Size: 25.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- © 2010-13 barnesandnoble.com llc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.