By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Multitasking with Notability enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture, on select iPads.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s makes it faster than ever to create, preview, and open notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open recent notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen.
- Notability has been fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Highlight typed text.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
- Import Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides as PDFs.
- Import webpages from the browser with the Share Extension.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 6.5.3
*** What’s New in 6.5.3 ***
* Updates for the new iPad Pro 10.5" screen size
* If a device is offline for a while, Auto-backup now runs as soon as the device reconnects to the internet
* Bug fix: The 'Paste' button no longer fails to appear in certain cases
* Bug fix: Importing a file to Notability no longer disables Auto-backup
* Bug fix: Exporting .note files from the Google Drive app to Notability no longer causes an error
* Bug fix: Notability now remembers which dividers were open and closed when the app was last used
* Bug fix: Notability now shows paper tray options when printing to a printer with multiple trays
* Bug fix: Notability now updates the order of notes in a subject immediately after a note is edited
* Bug fix: Notability now snaps straight lines to horizontal page lines more accurately to prevent a small offset
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
Great note taking app except...
It lags a bit when using the zoom box feature in handwriting mode. The app allows you to adjust the field where once your stylus touches, it automatically shifts over for you to continue your writing. Which sounds great but it lags a second delay where you have to wait for the shift (and adjust if needed because most of the time, it shifts to the wrong area). It would be better if it was possible to move this area to the front where it would shift along with you as you write your word. GoodNotes has the field in the front of the box and it's truly faster to get your thoughts out.
Another thing is, it would be great to have limitless space in writing and the option to zoom out on the page as a whole. It's so annoying when taking notes in classes like organic chemistry or calculus where you have to make sure your equations or reactions fit on the page. If there was a limitless space potion (like in ZoomNotes), the process of mind mapping or brainstorming would be better. Note to mention more pleasant to look at. After looking back at my notes from lecture, I thought it looked ridiculous how each formula filled a page. The zoom box feature in handwriting would not be able to do the job of mind mapping because it primarily requires you to write large font in order for the feature to work the way it's supposed to.
If those two things were fixed, this app would be dominant compared to the other apps out there on the market.
This app is life changing!
I can't remember now if it was MPU or Upgrade, Connected or The Talk show... but I head a story about a guy that used this app for his business developing fonts. And how he immediately went out and bought iPads Pro for his entire company once he saw what this app was capable of doing. There are so many thoughtful and helpful features that I love. The 2 features I can't live without now, are the lines that snap straight... and the ability to import PDF pages to existing documents.
I work in commercial construction, and I need to draw basic shop drawings all the time. This is now exclusively what I use in the field. It's so easy to use, that I often don't even need to clean up the drawings before I send them out to someone for fabrication. Then I can go into another app, and import a PDF into (or part of a document) directly into my note for backup of the situation. If I have a larger project, I use a tripod from Grafiti Nootle, and set up a mobile iPad workstation. This is life changing!
Btw, once I used this for a couple days on my iPad mini, I immediately wanted to buy an iPad Pro to take advantage real advantage of this app. Thankfully the Apple keynote was announced 2 days before I started using this app. So, I only had to wait a couple weeks, and I bought a new 10.5 iPad Pro because of this app!
So many improvements to be made UPDATE: THANKYOU
THANK YOU NOTABILITY FOR LISTENING!!!
Definitely a 5 star app now. There is still work to be do but the fact that you are listening to us means a lot. Thank you first need foremost for adding apple pencil support and the one finger scrolling!! Hopefully you can keep implementing the other desired features, some of which are listed below.
1. Add native apple pencil support
2. Let users create nested folders. Or make the subjects a folder that contains all the stuff within the subjects another folder inside the subject folder
3. When you are on any given writing tool, show the top three, or default, colors/options, on the top bar. (just like one note). Please add this. Changing color now takes three clicks. With this, you would need 1 click.
4. Add the option to erase whatever you touch, not the entire stroke.
5. Add an option on the eraser that once you let go from erasing, it automatically switches back to the previous tool. Lots of times I need to make a quick erase, and takes reaching up twice to switch twice. Most of the time I. Only need one stroke from the eraser.
6. Add split screen for ios9
7. Again..... This is a note taking app.... Add support for the apple pencil.....it was literally made for this.
Good notes and other competitors are updating their app constantly with all new iOS features. Please keep up or like my others, I will be forced to switch.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 14, 2017
- Version: 6.5.3
- Size: 123 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack$3.99