By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Multitasking with Notability enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture, on select iPads.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s makes it faster than ever to create, preview, and open notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open recent notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen.
- Notability has been fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Highlight typed text.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
- Import Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides as PDFs.
- Import webpages from the browser with the Share Extension.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 6.5.3
*** What’s New in 6.5.3 ***
* Updates for the new iPad Pro 10.5" screen size
* If a device is offline for a while, Auto-backup now runs as soon as the device reconnects to the internet
* Bug fix: The 'Paste' button no longer fails to appear in certain cases
* Bug fix: Importing a file to Notability no longer disables Auto-backup
* Bug fix: Exporting .note files from the Google Drive app to Notability no longer causes an error
* Bug fix: Notability now remembers which dividers were open and closed when the app was last used
* Bug fix: Notability now shows paper tray options when printing to a printer with multiple trays
* Bug fix: Notability now updates the order of notes in a subject immediately after a note is edited
* Bug fix: Notability now snaps straight lines to horizontal page lines more accurately to prevent a small offset
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
So many improvements to be made UPDATE: THANKYOU
THANK YOU NOTABILITY FOR LISTENING!!!
Definitely a 5 star app now. There is still work to be do but the fact that you are listening to us means a lot. Thank you first need foremost for adding apple pencil support and the one finger scrolling!! Hopefully you can keep implementing the other desired features, some of which are listed below.
1. Add native apple pencil support
2. Let users create nested folders. Or make the subjects a folder that contains all the stuff within the subjects another folder inside the subject folder
3. When you are on any given writing tool, show the top three, or default, colors/options, on the top bar. (just like one note). Please add this. Changing color now takes three clicks. With this, you would need 1 click.
4. Add the option to erase whatever you touch, not the entire stroke.
5. Add an option on the eraser that once you let go from erasing, it automatically switches back to the previous tool. Lots of times I need to make a quick erase, and takes reaching up twice to switch twice. Most of the time I. Only need one stroke from the eraser.
6. Add split screen for ios9
7. Again..... This is a note taking app.... Add support for the apple pencil.....it was literally made for this.
Good notes and other competitors are updating their app constantly with all new iOS features. Please keep up or like my others, I will be forced to switch.
Notability is everything.
As I'm sure a lot of other students have echoed on here, this app has become by far the most used and useful one on my iPad for taking notes, doing homework, and oftentimes recording lectures all at the same time. The more I use it the more invaluable it becomes, as it has now turned into a de facto library of my various classes over time; the ability to import documents from Dropbox, and export files, makes it even more essential. The few times I've had issues with exporting files, the developers were responsive and helped me resolve the issue (which I'm pretty sure had more to do with my mail client than Notability itself). Oh, and with iCloud sync, it's even better.
So, yeah. You've seen it said elsewhere, but, for students using the iPad Pro + Pencil, this app is the one of the best there is.
The quintessential iPad Pro note-taking app
It seemed so simple. I was looking for an app where I could take notes on an iPad Pro with either the Apple Pencil or keyboard. And it had to be easy and elegant. In other words, I wanted the ‘killer app’ that makes the iPad Pro…well, Pro.
I was also looking for it to work/sync with iCloud (rather than Dropbox). Also, I wanted an easy way to switch from a pen to a highlighter. And I wanted a continuous scrolling of the page. Finally, I didn't want the icons to be on the bottom of the page (where they were hard to access).
Working in the Apple Notes app was clunky and didn't make for easy scrolling (separate pages — ugh). And the icons are on the bottom.
This is the only app that I have found that does all of the above. Plus it does much more. I now no longer use the Acrobat app for highlighting PDFs. The scrolling is so much better than Apple notes. And the Apple Pencil integration is superb. In fact, I’d go so far to say that Notability makes the iPad Pro/Apple Pencil worth the upgrade.
Finally, it keeps track of both of the date created and the date modified (something I wish Apple notes would do). And it synchronizes well with the Mac app so I can easily get files on/off my iPad.
This is a no-brainer. Well done.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 14, 2017
- Version: 6.5.3
- Size: 123 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack$3.99