Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Share your favorite music with your favorite social networking sites - Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and Last.fm. As well as via email, with more to come.
Control your music with the swipe of a finger or the onscreen controls. Change your music without looking at the screen, perfect for when you're out on a run or off to pick up the kids/pizza.
But what if you don't know what to listen to? Well, you can create a random playlist of 50 songs with a single gesture.
Customizable UI that includes:
- 3 UI themes
- 9 Album Artwork themes
- 10 Backgrounds (including choosing your own)
- 4 types of notification systems
Totally customizable gesture system (can all be changed):
- Two Finger Tap to play/pause, but can be changed to a double tap in settings
- Three Finger Tap to auto-send a tweet, scrobble a song or create a Random Playlist
- Swipe left/right to change tracks
- Swipe up/down to change the volume
- Double tap on the controls area to access the shuffle controls
- LongPress to change background/settings
Share even more than just your songs:
- Add links to iTunes, Last.fm or YouTube
- Customizable hashtags
* There is a known bug with Facebook
NowPlayer also has a built in Music Library and support for last.fm/scrobbling
Retina ready, so still looks good on whatever device you have.
Please rate and review NowPlayer. Your support will allow us to continue to add cool new features. Also feel free to contact us via the About Section with any feature requests or bugs you find.
Follow us on twitter @SuperFancyApps or @misecia
What's New in Version 1.0.5
- New Classic UI
- New CD Case (Clear) & Rounded Themes
- New Accounts section in Settings
- Long Press to change custom wallpaper
- Support for posting to Tumblr
- Random Playlist Generator
- Search YouTube from Compose screen
- Updates for Last.fm (fixed login screen, background scrobbling)
- New wallpapers
- UI, Icon & Theme Updates
- Bug fixes
This app is intuitive and well-designed. There are plenty of options to keep settings fanatics like me occupied, and this music app is very well integrated into iOS. I would like to be able to change the up/down swipe gestures to something else other than volume, and would also like the settings to be easier to use. Don't let these small issues stop you from getting this app! It's worth it!
Great! But Needs 1 Change PLEASE!
I love this music player app but there is one thing that bothers me and keeps me from giving it 5 stars is that I would really appreciate it if the music timer would count backwards instead of forwards. This way it would be easier to know how much longer the song or podcast is left. Counting up makes no sense whatsoever. Please if you update this app soon please change this so that I might change my rating of this great music player.
Vast Improvements...It's Good to Be Back!
UPDATE TO JUNE 2011 REVIEW:
A few months after a poor review left by yours truly and some less-than-friendly email exchanges with the developer, I decided to revisit this app to see what's new. And boy, have things changed.
This app is fantastic. It looks incredible, it is easy to use, and it is obvious the dev knows that beauty is in the details (e.g. the perfectly placed drawer to reveal additional controls).
I am back to NowPlayer, hopefully this time for good. Thanks for listening to your users, making improvements, and delivering a great app. Kudos.
(4 stars because some swipes still go unregistered, though this could be user error)