This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
Start with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Tap to add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Touch and drag your finger to reorder columns and rows and to resize tables. Double-tap a cell to bring up the intelligent keyboard that helps you enter text, formulas, dates and times, or duration. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Double-tap a cell to access the intelligent keyboard to add text, formulas, dates and times, and more
• New action menu keeps most common tasks one tap away
• Reorder columns and rows, and resize tables, with a touch and a drag
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel and CSV files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on supported iPhones
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Update tables, charts, text, and images using beautiful preset styles
• Insert photos and video with the Media Browser
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get built-in help and sample formulas for each function
• Sort columns in ascending or descending order
• Hide or unhide rows and columns
• Turn filters on and off in imported spreadsheets
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including a single tab, or all tabs
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 3.3
• Redesigned document manager makes it easier to access files stored in iCloud Drive or with third-party storage providers
• On iPad, drag and drop text, images, and more between Numbers and other apps
• Work more efficiently on iPad using Slide Over, Split View and the new Dock
• Quickly access and organize your spreadsheets using the new Files app
• New date, time, and duration keyboards make entering values easier
• Make minor adjustments to existing date, time and duration values faster using new “smart steppers”
• Use Unite, Intersect, Subtract, and Exclude commands to create new shapes
• Use Align, Distribute, Flip Vertical, and Flip Horizontal commands to quickly arrange objects
• Support for Break Apart command for complex shapes from the shapes library
• Performance and stability improvements
Give me the old version!
Thank you for the recent update. After only a few seconds of checking it out, I feel it has returned somewhat to the ‘workability’ it used to have. It will take some time to relearn, but it appears to have improved.
The new version is terrible! I prefer where the correct keyboard pops up for the field. How do I copy several cells at once? Please!!! Give us the old version again. Routine work, that used to take me seconds to complete, now takes much longer because some of your best tools no longer exist.
I have seen Apple software and apps which initially start out very intuitive and easy to work with gradually become more like the windows format. I'm sure this makes it easier for windows people to make the crossover to Apple products. However, the product is much worse every time.
I've added a star for making some slight improvements. However, the app is still no where near as good as it was. The calendar keyboard was fantastic but still gone.
Version 3.3 Update:
4 stars for adding date keyboard back. Thanks Apple. Not 5 though because the old date keyboard was superior. Using increments is not as quick nor accurate as the old method.
The thing I liked about iOS Numbers from the beginning was its ease of use. This update makes entering dates in forms tedious. Used to be a very simple no brain process. They removed the dates keyboard. Now you only get the regular keyboard when selecting fields formatted at date type. I hope this was only an over site and will be fixed quickly. Numbers used to easily be a five star app.
I really don't get why Apple seems to think adding shapes like animals etc is important in a spreadsheet program while they made entering dates, something done over and over and over and over again daily by literally anyone that uses the application, much more difficult task by removing the date keyboard?
I had to reboot my phone after installing the Numbers update for iOS 11 in order to get the new file browsing to work. It's not a perfect user interface for editing spreadsheets on the go, but that's a hard problem to solve and I think they did better than Microsoft and Google. On my phone, I typically drag and drop rows, type numbers into existing fields, check checkboxes. All of that works ok except dragging and dropping rows. Half the time I end up resizing the row (who EVER resizes a row manually, especially on a phone?!) and have to undo and try again.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 19, 2017
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 404 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2017 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.