Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous spreadsheets with the all-new Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you'll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates, and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a spreadsheet using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Numbers for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your spreadsheets are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Quickly click through a spreadsheet using new tab navigation
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
• An all-new calculation engine makes Numbers faster than ever before
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Create great-looking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value, and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Add your favorite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
• Seamless integration with MathType* for inserting equations
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates, and durations
• Easily filter through large tables
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud beta
• Numbers automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the link will always have access to the latest version of the spreadsheet and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Numbers for iCloud beta
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including a single tab, or all tabs
* MathType sold separately.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Numbers for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 3.5.3
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Still Not Quite as Good as Numbers 2
This version is better than the last one, by a little. I still can’t figure out why they took a wonderful, well-polished application like Numbers 2 and threw it in the trash. Point updates since Numbers 3 have fixed many of the most egregious little problems plaguing that version, but I remain baffled as to why my sheets all have a huge white space to the right that I cannot get rid of (according to the rulers, every sheet is about 22 inches square, whether I like it or not), and which causes my sheets to slide out of the window if I happen to touch my Magic Mouse with a sidewise swipe. And where is “Paste and match style” in the contextual menu? Why must I use the menu at the top of the screen, or the keyboard combination?
So, again, I’m still waiting for enough incremental updates to bring this once-great software back around to where it was before Apple screwed it up.
Where did the good software go?
I have found each successive version of numbers to be worse than the previous… all the way back to Numbers ’09. But I can’t use my mobile devices without updating. And then if I don’t update the software on my computers, I can’t read what my mobile devices sent to icloud. It’s easier to export to Excel than to an earlier version of Numbers. How does that make sense? Each version loses something I really liked in the previous version, changes the syntax or access to functions I use all the time, and adds a bunch of “improvements” I never use. So at this point, I have to update to a version that has terrible reviews to enable functionality across devices, and is less useful and more frustrating than its predecessor. I’m about to go back to Excel and Word and dump Numbers and Pages. Apple- Please stop the wholesale abandonment of older software when everything “just worked."
Documents in the Cloud - Highly Unreliable
I’m so fed up with Pages and Numbers. I miss the old days, when Apple products and software “just worked”. Can we go back to those days, please?
Specifically, I am at my wits end with iCloud. Does it work well for anyone? Beacuse all the people I talk to - it doesnt.
My documents never seem to sync correctly between devices. I have documents in both Numbers and Pages that I store in iCloud. I sometimes update them from my iPhone, sometimes from my iPad, and sometimes from my Mac. I routinely have issues across all devices where my latest updates dont show up on other devices. Tonight, specifically, I am fighting with a Numbers document that is stuck between ‘Uploading’ and ‘Waiting to Upload’. It is frustrating as all-get-out.
I really do miss the old days. Apple is moving too fast with its products. They need to learn that quality takes time, and to slow down. Stop shoving all the bells-and-whistles into things — and instead, focus on getting things TO WORK! Because if they don’t, they are going to start losing customers who pine for the days of “it just works”… We know how good it use to be, how good it could be, and how bad it is today.
APPLE - GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER! Fix iCloud. Or give up on it. At this point, I don’t care which. But do SOMETHING.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 21, 2015
- Version: 3.5.3
- Size: 192 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2008-2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later