By Dmitry NIKOLAEV
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
New version of popular calculator for Mac with Yosemite support
Numi calculator magically combines calculations and text, and allows you to share your computations with other users.
Here's how it works. Type text, or simply paste it in. For example, you could type something like this:
50 apps * $1.99 each + 3 apps * $4.99 + Photoshop for $600
Numi gracefully adds up all the numbers for you, and displays the result on the right-hand side. Of course, it can handle more complex math than the simple example above. Either way, you don’t have to rewrite what you enter — whether it is text, numbers, or comments — Numi automatically understands and computes what you write.
New features added in version 2:
• Two modes: You can choose between dock mode or menu-bar mode.
• Accessible results: All your results are available for copying with just one click over them. When you copy text from Numi to another application, the results will be copied, as well.
• New functions: The application supports a full set of arithmetic and trigonometric functions. Special operations for better handling percentage are a big plus.
• Variables: Automate your calculation workflow. Use variables for automatic recalculations and more convenient calculations without needing to submit new values.
• Global Shortcut: Being able to quick launch app with global shortcut saves you time and makes all your calculations within reach.
• Customizable fonts: Configure fonts you like to see for each mode.
• Configurable precision: Numi uses the maximum available accuracy during calculations. You can configure the number of decimal places to display.
• All Text features: Add comments, or titles right inside your calculations. Numi comes packed with all the benefits of a text editor: copy, paste, undo, and fast navigation.
• Autosave: You don't lose your calculations upon exit. All your calculations are automatically saved after exit, and will be loaded when you relaunch.
• Auto-format: The program automatically formats the text, calculations and results, thus ensuring better display and readability.
• Totals: Automatic calculation of the totals for all the results is recalculated automatically. In order to get a grand total, it's as simple as writing "Total".
• Optimized for retina displays.
"It's very cool and makes simple, common calculations very easy and fun." - Lifehacker
"But every now and again we bump into an app so elegant, so useful, so pleasant that we’d sign a petition for Apple to include it in the next version of OS X." — Mac360
"What it does, is let you solve problems like they were word problems." — Addictive Tips
"The Magic Calculator That Blends Math with Text." - Mac AppStorm
What's New in Version 2.0.6
OS X Yosemite support
Today because it’s free, but have been running a beta of their new app and its far better :)
No print option
Idea is good, but options are very basic… It is not worth full price if there is no print / export / share options nor any intelligent tutorial.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 05, 2015
- Version: 2.0.6
- Size: 2.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Dmitry NIKOLAEV
- © Dmitry Nikolaev & Co
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor