The New York Times
By The New York Times Company
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Stay up to date wherever you go. Enjoy award-winning journalism with the NYTimes app for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
• News alerts: Get notified of major developing stories, and tailor alerts to topics of interest
• Multitasking: on an iPad? Get caught up on the day’s headlines while also working in other apps
• Morning & evening briefings: Start and end your day with a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists
• The Daily 360: Watch a new 360 video every day from Times reporters around the world
• Podcasts: Listen to audio series including The Daily and Modern Love
• Save articles to read later on any of your devices
• Customize your list of favorite sections and blogs
• Exclusive videos and award-winning photography
Apple Watch Features:
• Catch up quickly by reading today's headlines.
• Receive alerts when big news breaks.
• Use Handoff to continue reading on your iPhone, or touch Save for Later to build a personal reading list.
The NYTimes app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
Subscribe now and your first week is free.*
• Digital Access - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device for $14.99 per month or $119.99 per year (save up to $5 per month). Cancel anytime.
• Times Insider - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device plus one complimentary digital subscription to share for $24.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• Times Insider members also receive access to the Times Insider blog, TimesTalks videos, TBooks, special Times crosswords and Times Archives from 1851.
Your payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of Service: https://www.nytimes.com/content/help/rights/terms/terms-of-service.html
Questions Concerns? Please contact us at email@example.com or (800) 591-9233. We respond to every inquiry.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Not valid for Digital Access $119.99 per year subscription option. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions, Times Insider content, or The New York Times Crossword. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
What's New in Version 6.1.1
- We’ve made some optimizations to ensure that the app loads reliably on all devices.
- Addressed some crashes and added some polish.
After weeks of dutifully trying to open the app once or twice a day, and succeeding only three or four times -- and then only to an app that worked fitfully and briefly before crashing -- it opened instantly today! Stories popped up swiftly! Photos appeared! Scrolls zipped along! Someone flip a forgotten switch? Happy to also see big improvements over the design I briefly saw after first downloading the new app: Willingness t mix up the number of columns, and the layout of screens in different sections; running some headlines now without photos; more variation in photo size; the "latest" story list below the first one or two screens of featured stories. (Maybe that one was there from the start, it never worked long enough for me to explore that far before.) All excellent decisions. Huzzah!
New Layout misses the mark - badly
I have been using the iPad NYT app for along time. The last version I loaded was 3.18 (icon with white "T" on black background). That old app is the only one I will still read. Thankfully it is still on my iPad and still works.
The new app version 6.1.1 (icon with black "T" on white background) seems to be formatted for mindless browsing and not serious reading. The articles are offered in an order that seems to focus on sensationalism, not newsworthiness. The article headlines and titles do not match the website or printed version. There are less leading statements to help define the story. It is far less appealing.
This new version does not invite exploration or serious reading. It does not fit your long-demonstrated intent of presenting serious journalism. Keep trying because it is critical that you get this right.
Prefer the old website and search function is terrible
Thank you for all your reporting BUT your technology is less than good. I used to prefer to read the NYT on my iPad to paper, but the new version is TERRIBLE. It is not laid out well, it's hard to find things. I really miss that I can’t scroll down to the next session. The page is badly organized. I AM SO FRUSTRATED! please revise again.
The search function continues to be terrible - it has been bad for a long time. Please try testing it yourselves - it doesn't find anything relevant to the search terms, even when I put in the exact words in a headline!
YOU CAN DO BETTER - just go back to what you had before, it was so much better
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 17, 2017
- Version: 6.1.1
- Size: 102 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2016, The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- NYTimes.com + Smartphone App$14.99
- All Digital Access$34.99
- All Digital Access$34.99
- Digital Access$14.99
- Basic: Annual$129.99
- All Access$24.99
- Times Insider$44.99
- Digital Access - Annual Offer$119.99
- Times Insider$24.99