NYTimes – Breaking Local, National & World News
By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy all of our award-winning journalism with the NYTimes app for iPhone and Apple Watch.
iPhone App Features:
• Breaking news alerts: Get notified of major developing stories, and tailor alerts to topics of interest
• Morning briefings: Start your day with a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists
• Save articles to read later on any of your devices
• Today widget: Top headlines are always just a swipe away
• Pick up where you left off on another device with Handoff
• International edition: Global news and coverage from dozens of bureaus around the world
• Exclusive videos and award-winning photography
• Customize your list of favorite sections and blogs
Apple Watch Features:
• Catch up quickly by reading today's headlines.
• Receive alerts when big news breaks.
• Use Handoff to continue reading on your iPhone, or touch Save for Later to build a personal reading list.
The NYTimes app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
Subscribe now and your first week is free.*
• Digital Access - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device for $14.99 per month or $119.99 per year (save up to $5 per month). Cancel anytime.
• Times Insider - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device plus one complimentary digital subscription to share for $24.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• Times Insider members also receive access to the Times Insider blog, TimesTalks videos, TBooks, special Times crosswords and Times Archives from 1851.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Questions Concerns? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 591-9233. We respond to every inquiry.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Not valid for Digital Access $119.99 per year subscription option. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions, Times Insider content, or The New York Times Crossword. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
What's New in Version 5.12
Introducing The Daily 360: Times journalists around the world bring you a new 360 video every day.
360 videos offer a new way to experience the journalism of The New York Times. These immersive videos put you at the center of the scene, allowing you to look left, right, up, down and behind you.
Want to work for our team? Check out the About page in Settings.
As always, please email email@example.com with questions or feedback.
By far still the best news source regardless.
NY times leads the way in journalism and journalistic story telling. They push the envelope and support their team. They give well thought out and well researched stories. Yes, this current election surprised everyone but regardless of where everyone in journalism faltered the times continues to provide excellent journalism across the full spectrum of News, Art, Politics, Science, travel, etc. China just banned The NY Times app from Apple Store!!! Obviously that country has something to be worried about. Do we? I purchased a new digital subscription because we need to support more journalistic integrity in this day and age. We need more stories and journalist questions and demanding answers from the coming Trump administration. NY Times is the gold standard and I support them. I do not want to think of a world with out journalist doing exactly what the the Times does daily. Thank you NY Times. Now let me play the crossword puzzle on the app!
Lowering rating again....
Everything (and more!) that I want to know about current events and breaking news. I love the format and the journalists are the best! No more surfing news channels to stay up to date.
After using this app for 3 months I am lowering my rating... I do not mind that I get 10 free articles to read per month- I do mind the fact that when scrolling down to select what I'm going to read the app decides that I've read it when indeed I have not and subtracts it from my free articles - this is bull. Dec 5, 2916 Lowering again .... manipulative aggressive app constantly trying to get u to buy a subscription by falsely showing u that u have read more articles than u have. I should be so lucky to read 10 of 10 in a month! If I so much as breathe on my phone the app thinks I have read one of it's articles... and then when I do want to read something I can't. Certainly with all the ads I see on this app that should more than for it. Stop trying to offer something for "free" when it really isn't.
Best news app ever
The New York Times app, aside from the fact that you have it available 24/7, has so many additional features. The daily update on who's going to win the election and the interactive map whereby you can see which dates will be the most critical for which candidate is amazing. Also they make the most of the visual medium in terms of arrays of photographs for particular stories, which they just can't do in paper form. You also have the ability to save features, and they have a feature called "in case you missed it" which shows articles from the last week or so which of been popular. I have only two gripes : The crossword puzzle is not included and they do not offer the option of getting the Sunday paper as paper, and everything else online.
The most important and will conceived news app. Period.
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 05, 2016
- Version: 5.12
- Size: 64.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2016, The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- NYTimes.com + Smartphone App$14.99
- All Digital Access$34.99
- All Digital Access$34.99
- Digital Access$14.99
- Basic: Annual$129.99
- All Access$24.99
- Times Insider$44.99
- Digital Access - Annual Offer$119.99
- Times Insider$24.99